Hello! 42yo Aussie, 6 weeks into TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

BenM

Hello! Just thought I should say g’day and introduce myself, I’ve been lurking here a bit and have gleaned a great deal of useful info from this site (as well as Nelson’s and Jay’s books).

Long story short, I have a bit of a history of weight loss and dieting, and that has probably impacted on my T levels but I suspect they have probably always been low throughout adulthood and that has been the root cause of many mental and physical health issues.

I finally got diagnosed with low T and super high SHBG (secondary hypogonadism, cause unknown, though dieting would have impacted on levels at the time I was tested) and started on TRT about 6 weeks ago. Without this site I would have been at the mercy of my endo, who seems like a great guy but wanted to put me on creams to start with, then Sustanon (infrequently) but I was able to convince him to put me on 250mg of enanthate a fortnight, and that I should start out injecting half the vial each week. I feel as if that has been working pretty well and I’m grateful that he was willing to work with me on my preferred method instead of forcing me to go down a different path.

Moral of the story, do your research and try to find a doc who is on your side, and soak up as much info as you can, thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge here as it’s been incredibly helpful to me!

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

Welcome to the forum Ben, glad you joined us and glad you found a doctor to work with you. You probably just now reached a steady state since it has been 6 weeks since you started. How are you feeling on your testosterone dosage?

BenM

Thanks Mark, I am feeling pretty good! A lot more energy, morning wood is back, gym progress is happening again. My latest blood work actually has me well above reference range for free T but SHBG still high, and calculated free T is only a smidgen above the reference, with oestradiol bang in the middle. I have a consult with the endo next week and I’m hoping he’ll be happy to let me keep going at this current dose, I don’t want to drop it as I’m not experiencing any negative side effects, aside from a few episodes of binge eating (which might not be totally due to the TRT).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me