Great Forum! Introduction and Health Issues

Buy Lab Tests Online

MichaelP

This is probably my favorite trt forum the past few weeks. So informative and I love the focus on facts and science by the mods. I'm 53 with some health issues. Started on trt three weeks ago after two tests coming back at 142 and 134 total test. I had been feeling horrible for YEARS. I actually was tested ten years ago and was under 300 then but just didn't do anything about it. I believe it contributed to a decline in my health. I gained weight, was extremely tired and depressed all the time, very irritable. During the pandemic in Feb of '22 I ended up having a heart attack and found out I was very diabetic. I am asymptomatic with covid and I feel like it contributed to blood plaque issues, as there have been connections made in asymptomatic people and heart attacks.

Started losing weight (have dropped 50 so far), got into the gym every single day, but could NOT gain muscle after my initial progress. I've been working out for a year and a half now. I plateaued at the weight loss and couldn't move an inch. I was hesitant about trt because of potential problems with blood thickening and lipids. And I didn't want to go to my docs with it for that reason. But I've watched and read a lot and believe these potential sides can be managed successfully. My lipid blood work came back great last month but I'm a little concerned with HDL numbers that are already low so I went on daily fish oil, I eat salmon twice a week, and I eat nuts daily now along with lots of fruits and vegetables. I will have to strictly watch my blood pressure, lipid and hematocrit so I will have new panels run in 6 weeks or so to see how I'm responding then adjust accordingly.

My diabetes is now managed through diet and exercise and my a1c numbers are great. I had an instant response to the testosterone because I had been so brutally low for so long. I immediately felt better. I had virtually no libido prior, and now it's through the stratosphere. Good grief. My workouts are strong and I'm looking forward to finally seeing more progress in the gym. I feel like even though there are higher risks for someone like me, the benefits outweighs them. I have simply got to get myself into a healthier place and I feel strongly that this is the path. But unlike most guys I have no room for error here and the minute I discover any possible harmful sides from the trt I'll have to make immediate adjustments. Thanks for all the good info in the meantime, I still have so much to learn about this stuff.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

Welcome and congratulations on your progress. A caution I have for you is overstressing about fairly minor things and saying you have "no room for error". In the world of health we don't come close to understanding the body in general let alone understanding each individual, so I would focus on the fundamentals, continue to learn, and generally move in a good direction (which is not always clear) while accepting some variation over time. Stressing about health is in itself somewhat unhealthy, especially about cholesterol, so I would not overstress about HDL or LDL. Here is a thread to get you focused on the fundamentals below. BTW, go easy on nuts, as they are often loaded with omega 6 fats which most people have too much of.

MichaelP

Welcome and congratulations on your progress. A caution I have for you is overstressing about fairly minor things and saying you have "no room for error". In the world of health we don't come close to understanding the body in general let alone understanding each individual, so I would focus on the fundamentals, continue to learn, and generally move in a good direction (which is not always clear) while accepting some variation over time. Stressing about health is in itself somewhat unhealthy, especially about cholesterol, so I would not overstress about HDL or LDL. Here is a thread to get you focused on the fundamentals below. BTW, go easy on nuts, as they are often loaded with omega 6 fats which most people have too much of.

Thanks for the great advice.

Systemlord

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com