Gave Blood Crashed my Ferritn

Buy Lab Tests Online

DonkeyKick

I just gave blood and crashed my ferritin to 20. My RBC is down to 4.2, Hemo is 14.1. Hema is at 41.7%(41-53)
My symptoms are heart palpitations, anxiety, headaches, really tired, winded, etc.. I've never had these bad of symptoms after giving blood. I am an endurance athlete so naturally I have a tendency to be anemic. I didn't understand that until now. I've read that getting your ferritin up is next to impossible being on TRT. But usually those are people who also have high markers that I stated above. So raising their Iron worries them thinking it will continue to raise the Hemo, and Hema etc.. In my case what should I do? Should i lower my TRT dose for a bit to hope my iron levels go back up? Or take supplements? Thanks for any advice you guys have.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I've read that getting your ferritin up is next to impossible being on TRT.
I have to supplement 170 mg daily or else my ferritin will drop fast! HCT at 51% and I’m optimized.

Where was your hematocrit before your blood donation?
I am an endurance athlete so naturally I have a tendency to be anemic.
TRT can use up more iron stores versus someone not on replacement therapy. So being an endurance athlete is a two fold blow to your iron stores.

Last edited:

DonkeyKick

I have to supplement 170 mg daily or else my ferritin will drop fast! HCT at 51% and I’m optimized.

Where was your hematocrit before your blood donation?

TRT can use up more iron stores versus someone not on replacement therapy. So being an endurance athlete is a two fold blow to your iron stores.
My Hematocrit was 45.4. Ferritin was at 31. I had a race up in Colorado Springs so high elevation the week before I gave blood. My Iron levels typically stay in the middle. My ferritin is always on the low side, but it dropping to 20 made a huge difference in how i feel. I'm assuming that's is what's making me feel this way. I only take 75 Test a week split up into 3 shots. That gets me to 1200.

DonkeyKick

My Hematocrit was 45.4. Ferritin was at 31. I had a race up in Colorado Springs so high elevation the week before I gave blood. My Iron levels typically stay in the middle. My ferritin is always on the low side, but it dropping to 20 made a huge difference in how i feel. I'm assuming that's is what's making me feel this way. I only take 75 Test a week split up into 3 shots. That gets me to 1200.
Should I supplement? Keep my dosing and be patient? I've been on TRT for a little over a year. This is the first time I've had this problem.

JmarkH

What is a good supplement for low iron and ferritin? 4 1/2 months after donating blood, iron = 50; % saturation = 11; ferritin = 13; RCB = 4.81; Hemo 14; HCT = 42.4. I have started taking Iron bisglycinate 20mg w/C once per day. TC dosage 40mg eod = 140mg wk, nandrolone 25mg eod = 87.5mg wk.
I figured this was relevant to the OP.
I also understand that Omeprazole can cause low absorption. I do take 20mg or this as well.

Not all iron supplements are the same and every person responds differently to each kind. I would start with 5mg Kirkland's iron chelete. Always start low then slowly move up based on your energy levels and how you feel, if you overshoot you will have to blood dump again.

Kirkman - Iron Ferrochel 5mg - 120 capsules - Aids Hemoglobin & Myoglobin Production - Supports Red Blood Cells Formation - Hypoallergenic https://a.co/d/hmSuCNw

Then if that doesn't work my second option would be the liquid Iron ferrous sulfate 44mg. (I would do only 1/4 teaspoon not a whole teaspoon a day). That's prescription only but with those labs it wouldn't be a problem for a doc to prescribe it.

The last option would be Heme Iron Polypeptide this is a heavy hitter and will always build iron and ferritin up but usually at a major uptick to hemoglobin if you take too much. I would try one pill day for three days then go from there. Proferrin isn't affected by PPI intake.

Proferrin Clear 30ct | US Made heme Iron for high Absorption, Easy on GI Tract | Natural, NSF Certified, dye Free https://a.co/d/34uYZ5j

Good luck

Belekas

nobody
I recommend this Iron. My girl been using 80mg/day without any issues at all. Also it's the one "Iron Protocol" group recommends as well.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me