First 8 week TRT results at 120 mg/mL

Buy Lab Tests Online
My pre-TRT bloodwork showed this:

Serum Testosterone: 535 ng/dL (reference 348-1197)
Free Testosterone: 6.1 pg/mL(reference 9.3-26.5)
Estradiol: 17.5 pg/mL (7.6-42.6)
Hematocrit: 46.4% (37.5-51.0)
LH: 6.9 mIU/mL (1.7-8.6)
FSH: 8.7 mIU/mL (1.5-12.4)

All other unmentioned levels of things were in good ranges , not too high or too low afaik. Because of the low free testosterone I was put on 120 mg/mL test cypionate IM injected once weekly. Also Anastrazole 0.5mg once a week and HCG 0.5 mL subq twice weekly.

I did my 8 week results a couple weeks ago. The last dosage of test was a saturday morning and I got my work done on a friday, so this isn't the exact trough:

Serum Testosterone: 843 mg/mL (264-916)
Free Testosterone: 17.6 pg/mL (9.3-26.5)
Estradiol: 13.1 pg/mL (7.6-42.6)
Hematocrit: 43.8% (37.5-51.0)
LH: <0.2 mIU/mL (1.7-8.6)
FSH: 0.3 mIU/mL (1.5-12.4)

I'm feeling better in general, but I don't always feel that good. I have had low testosterone symptoms my whole life, but after the "shutdown" I experienced a few weeks into TRT I felt worse. Right now I have good days and bad days but here are the important things. My main issues before TRT were strength and mass building, but I'm at a stage right now where the TRT makes me feel very sore and weak even when I stopped going to the gym a while ago. The soreness is like muscles and joints, they feel like growing pains kind of and are noticeable almost everywhere.

I'm going to be patient with this for a while to see how this protocol works, but wanted to put this out there if anyone had comments to make. The doctor wanted to aim for 900 mg/mL Total Testosterone but he wanted to keep me here to see how I feel after some time.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Vince has given you excellent advice. You were tested with the incorrect estradiol test. Men should only be tested with the Sensitive (also known as the Ultrasensitive) test (LC, MS/MS). Why, given a low e2 result pre-treatment (even with the incorrect assay) you were given an AI is a mystery.

How should I talk to my doctor about this to convince him I shouldn't be on an AI? I was suspecting this because I've read a lot about AI not making people feel well. My estradiol shouldn't get that high on this kind of test dosage, how high could it even get? But the doc said before I got on TRT he wanted to avoid side effects, thus the AI. Well I don't like the AI is making me feel and it seems unnecessary.

In most instances, (I'm not most instances), but most guys will pull a lower sensitive E test than whatever test it is that were given, point being anything other than the LC/MS/MS testing is for females and often overstates Estradiol in men. Some of the labs even write it out in the results that if male the wrong test was used. Point being your E could be lower than the 17 you did get and in more every instance 20 and below is going to cause problems, so, you're more likely well below 17 and that's pretty bad.

.5mg of Anastrozole in most situation is going to be a real whopper of a dose; too much.

CoastWatcher

How should I talk to my doctor about this to convince him I shouldn't be on an AI? I was suspecting this because I've read a lot about AI not making people feel well. My estradiol shouldn't get that high on this kind of test dosage, how high could it even get? But the doc said before I got on TRT he wanted to avoid side effects, thus the AI. Well I don't like the AI is making me feel and it seems unnecessary.
It seems clear your doctor isn't the most informed physician practicing in this field. He wants to avoid side effects, but he prescribed an AI despite not knowing which lab test to measure your estradiol with. The side effects from low e2 are far worse, and longer lasting, potentially, than those associated with elevated values.

Estradiol isn't a waste product, it's a necessary hormone for men to function sexually, have solid cognitive function, and maintain bone health. Simply point that out, tell him you won't die even if your e2 skyrockets, print some of the studies here on the forum, and see how things settle in. While you're waiting you can find a new doctor. If you need a referral we can assist you with that.

Youre the senior partner in regard to your health. You deserve better care than you have received so far.

How exactly do I find a better doctor, and what should I expect a better doctor to do for me? I have never known how to actually get second opinions. Is there a way I can find one my current provider, Primebody?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me