E2 has jumped dramatically in the last couple of years, age related?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bubbs

My dose has stayed the same at 200mg a week for the last decade, and my e2 sensitive was usually in the low 60s which was fine with me

But the last e2 sensitive test came back at 107! This is a huge jump considering the dose and the injection schedule has remained unchanged over that period. I inject IM 2x a week and have always done this

I've never used an AI because I didn't feel I needed to use them, and even through t to e2 ratio is good I'm very concerned with this sudden bump

I assume aging is to blame as I've read that side effects are worse in older guys, I'm 45 so expect to have some issues, but this was unexpected. My TRT doc wants me on low dose arimidex (0.5 mg week) to see if that helps, would that be reasonable? I know there's a strong push back on AIs but going into triple digits kind of scared me

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
My dose has stayed the same at 200mg a week for the last decade, and my e2 sensitive was usually in the low 60s which was fine with me

But the last e2 sensitive test came back at 107! This is a huge jump considering the dose and the injection schedule has remained unchanged over that period. I inject IM 2x a week and have always done this

I've never used an AI because I didn't feel I needed to use them, and even through t to e2 ratio is good I'm very concerned with this sudden bump

I assume aging is to blame as I've read that side effects are worse in older guys, I'm 45 so expect to have some issues, but this was unexpected. My TRT doc wants me on low dose arimidex (0.5 mg week) to see if that helps, would that be reasonable? I know there's a strong push back on AIs but going into triple digits kind of scared me
Besides the labs, you having any issues with high E2?

Bubbs

I've never had gyno except when I ran a over a gram of tren and test with deca as a dumb 20 something. And even that isn't visible

Maybe a bit more anxious but I'm under a lot of stress? You think it's worth getting back into the 60s with adex?

Alternatively I could drop my T to 100 and run deca for the other 100 but I'd stopped taking my deca script

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Do not make any decisions based on one measurement of the sensitive test. Although these mass spectrometry-based tests are capable of high accuracy, they are also complex and fiddly, which occasionally leads to results that have no relationship with reality. In contrast, the standard immunoassay tests are reliable and idiot-proof, but can suffer from some cross-reactivity, particularly with C-reactive protein. Ideally you would run a retest with both methods to see where you actually stand. At a minimum retest with one method or the other.

Systemlord

Significant weight changes affect aromatization and therefore estrogen.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've never had gyno except when I ran a over a gram of tren and test with deca as a dumb 20 something. And even that isn't visible

Maybe a bit more anxious but I'm under a lot of stress? You think it's worth getting back into the 60s with adex?

Alternatively I could drop my T to 100 and run deca for the other 100 but I'd stopped taking my deca script
I wouldn't be too concerned about your E2. As long as you're feeling good and not having issues. I would stay away from AI if possible.

Bubbs

Do not make any decisions based on one measurement of the sensitive test. Although these mass spectrometry-based tests are capable of high accuracy, they are also complex and fiddly, which occasionally leads to results that have no relationship with reality. In contrast, the standard immunoassay tests are reliable and idiot-proof, but can suffer from some cross-reactivity, particularly with C-reactive protein. Ideally you would run a retest with both methods to see where you actually stand. At a minimum retest with one method or the other.
Interesting, my sensitive is much higher than my normal, normal was 70-80ish but this sensitive is surprisingly higher

My CRP HS was 0.3 so hopefully that wasn't affecting the normal ECLIA test, I took the HS version because I was wondering if Deca was showing up as e2 on the test the way it shows up as higher TT on the basic TT test

I'll get retested next month and see if things are different for both HS and normal e2 tests

Bubbs

I wouldn't be too concerned about your E2. As long as you're feeling good and not having issues. I would stay away from AI if possible.
Good point. I need to drop my dose to 150 anyway as I'm at a point where 200 is more than I really need, and more isn't always better

I'll try retesting next month after a period of 150

Vince

Super Moderator
Good point. I need to drop my dose to 150 anyway as I'm at a point where 200 is more than I really need, and more isn't always better

I'll try retesting next month after a period of 150
I would go longer than 4 weeks. Most usually wait at least six or more, to stabilize their levels. I usually wait at least 12 weeks, that's how long it usually takes me to feel a difference.

Bubbs

I had some repeat labs done since I was getting bloodwork anyway, High sensitivity e2 is still 100

I'm now about 10% bodyfat after intense dieting so it can't be age related fat.

So either the nandrolone Im taking is actually test ( unlikely as it's empower pharmacy)

Deca is showing up as e2 on the test (unlikely with high sensitivity correct?)

My body is converting the deca to test (is this even possible? EDIT yes apparently at up to 20% aromatization!)

Apparently nandrolone can dramatically increase the aromatizing of testosterone so this is interesting too

Or something had just changed and I've basically doubled aromatizing in the last 5 years

I dont really have any high e2 signs beyond stubborn lower ab fat that I didn't have last time I cut to this low bodyfat, but I'm going to try 0.125mg adex 2x a week and repeat labs in a couple months

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me