Does Testosterone cause dependence/addiction?

Buy Lab Tests Online

robs2nd75

All of the research suggests that their is no physical dependence to exogenous Testosterone. Most of us have realized incredible improvements in physical and mental health from T as such what are your thoughts on psychological dependence to T?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Why would there be a dependence?

Do young men in their 20's have any addition to their natural production?

Testosterone is not the kind of drug that would cause an addiction but in access can cause negative side effects over the long term.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
What really happens is that when guys start injecting testosterone they feel better and stronger in most cases. Then they either run out of it or stop it for other reasons. Then their testosterone plummets and they feel worse than when they did before starting testosterone. So they restart. So it sounds like an addiction that you cannot stop. The shutdown of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis is what causes this, NOT an addiction.

robs2nd75

I agree with you both but when I think about discontinuing use for a short period of time....well I really BELIEVE that I need it. If, I asked either one of you to go off of T and not supplement w/ HCG or Clomid you would look at me as if I were crazy. You absolutely function better w/ it but can you go off of it? Would you break the law to get it, if it was made illegal? Addiction is often defined by how it interferes with your daily life...if you are willing to be arrested for it.... ???

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
You are confusing addiction with necessity.

It's like saying "is a Type I Insulin Dependent person addicted to Insulin"...well, of course not.

But, that person needs it to stay alive and be healthy not much different than Hypogonadal men needing Testosterone or HCG to stay healthy and live longer happier lives.

I don't have a craving for Testosterone and I don't think about it 24/7 like someone addicted to alcohol or drugs.

It doesn't impair me nor can it disrupt my life like addiction can do.

robs2nd75

I don't feel as though it causes any addiction either but it should be discussed. There are proponents of this idea and they use it as an argument against T/ AAS. When you bring up the idea of necessity I immediately think of AAS. Before TRT I always lumped exogenous T with AAS or being old. AAS is not a necessity do you believe then that BBers or any athletes for that matter using AAS are or could be addicts?

I dont think there is an addiction to TRT, as both Gene and Nelson said you get use to feeling good and I dont think that is a bad thing. I will tell you that I am not going back to the way I felt before. I cannot believe that I suffered with this so long until I took action. I talk to both my sons about my TRT and let them know what signs I had before and for them to get levels tested when they start to feel the same. They are both in their 20's and I felt it was a conversation that needed to happen.

And TRT is not abuse but medical treatment. I am not taking Test. so my levels are way above normal. I am just getting my levels to where they should be.

If they became illegal..... well I guess i would be breaking the law then...:)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me