Does my primary find out i`m on TRT if it is decided that it is necessary????

Buy Lab Tests Online

gymrat350

Please move this thread if it`s not in the right place, i could`t decide where to put it....

I`m curious, if i get put on TRT, will my primary care doctor will be aware of my treatment?????

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Blackhawk

Where is this question coming from?

Is there any reason you would not tell your primary?

Better to tell him/her. Any doctor providing care should know your whole story.

I believe if you are given prescriptions they are entered into a medical database. If your PCP looks he or his office will know.
I have to ask like BlackHawk why you would not volunteer this info. TRT is not against the law.

Vince

Super Moderator
Before I started TRT, I did tell all of my doctors of my plan. Some agreed some disagreed but of course it was my decision not theirs.

I believe if you are given prescriptions they are entered into a medical database. If your PCP looks he or his office will know.
I have to ask like BlackHawk why you would not volunteer this info. TRT is not against the law.

What kind of Gestapo state would that be? Honest question...what's a medical database that any Dr has access to and can look up what you're on?

HarryCat

In my state my doctors can only access prescriptions filled at in state pharmacies. So they do not see the prescriptions I get through Defy, yet.

Interestingly with a recent software upgrade one of my doctors was able to access lab reports from Labcorp ordered by other Doctors, even from years ago, but not yet Quest.

I don't think it will be long before all doctors have access to your entire medical history if they have the right software.

CoastWatcher

Though I am a Canadian, I have two family members practicing medicine in the United States. Under federal law, your medical information is most certainly NOT entered into any centralized database. Now, your insurance company wI'll have a record, if you submit a claim. HIPAA is the acronym for the legislation governing patient privacy in the States.

The question of prescriptions, particularly for controlled substances, is another issue.

gymrat350

My primary Dr is not even willing to run labs to check my testosterone.

I will be going through labcorp for my tests and through Defy for any treatment.

I just wanted to avoid any potential problems with my primary Dr if he were to find out about the treatment.

I'd rather have him on my side, but it seems that he is not willing.

P. S. I have not mentioned the possibility of TRT to him as he is against doing the initial tests to even see where my testosterone levels are.

Though I am a Canadian, I have two family members practicing medicine in the United States. Under federal law, your medical information is most certainly NOT entered into any centralized database. Now, your insurance company will have a record, if you submit a claim. HIPAA is the acronym for the legislation governing patient privacy in the States.

The question of prescriptions, particularly for controlled substances, is another issue.
I am sorry I did not mean to miss lead anyone.
I thought T Cyp was a controlled substance and that prescription was added to some kind of database the pharmacies use.

Blackhawk

My primary Dr is not even willing to run labs to check my testosterone.

I will be going through labcorp for my tests and through Defy for any treatment.

I just wanted to avoid any potential problems with my primary Dr if he were to find out about the treatment.

I'd rather have him on my side, but it seems that he is not willing.

P. S. I have not mentioned the possibility of TRT to him as he is against doing the initial tests to even see where my testosterone levels are.

In short, your health is not his concern. Time for a new doc.

ratbag

The province I live in Canada has a database and any MD can access it online in seconds. It's shows all prescribed meds no matter what they are. I found this out the hard way when my PCP (non TRT MD) asked me what I was taking and then agreed that's what showed online. He knows I was on HRT and he doesn't agree with TRT but I tolerate his comments. He also doesn't agree with me being on cytomel for low T3. Obviously here the database is created from Pharmacies.

Sean Mosher

What JohnDoeSmith said.
I work for a doctor here in Houston, TX and can see all scripts including my stuff from PrimeBody for the last 3 years.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Your Doctor will suspect you are on TRT if he does routine blood work as your LH/FSH values will be near zero indicating HPTA suppression.

If you're being treated by another licensed Physician for TRT then it's none of his business and tell him likewise.

All CONTROLLED substance medications are required (by law) to be reported to the DEA drug database (PDMP - prescription drug monitoring program). This reporting is typically done at the pharmacy level. In theory (one can certainly argue the merits here) this is done to prevent abuse and diversion of controlled substances (double dipping, etc). At the moment, as Harrycat pointed out, I believe these databases are only state-specific.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me