DHEA-S very high -- help

Buy Lab Tests Online

Antisosa

I just got my results back from Defy for my 6 month follow up..

DHEA-S 6 months ago was 240.1 ug/dL with a normal range from 138.5-475.2.

I just got my new results and DHEA-S = 720 ug/dl.

The Defy Dr put me on 50mg of DHEA from the VitaminShoppe every night...

My follow up call isn't going to be maybe next week. What should i do as this seems very high? Stop taking it all together?

Age 30
5 ft 3
TRT for 6 month now.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

My follow up call isn't going to be maybe next week. What should i do as this seems very high? Stop taking it all together?

How old are you?
Defy told me at 64 they'd like to see my DHEA @350. I have read here Defy would like to see 20 somethings between 500-600

I've not read any where that you can OD on a high DHEA if your call is in a week or so do what feels right I'm pretty sure they will be cutting your dose quite a lot.

hth

Vince

Super Moderator
I wouldn't say your DHEA is too high, especially at your age. What's the rest of your protocol and labs?

HealthMan

Age 30
5 ft 3
TRT for 6 month now.

My DHEA was around 700 as well when i was taking 25mg DHEA and 25mg Pregnenolone. Now i take 10mg of each and DHEA-S levels are mid to high 300s. I felt zero difference between both protocols. If follow up is in 1 week I wouldn’t do anything unless you are having side effects. Or you can cut dosage in half if you are concerned. But i don’t think there is nothing to be concerned about waiting to your consultation.

I agree with HealthMan - if you're scheduled to speak with the doctor in a matter of days I would not make any changes.

I concur...let them deal with it.

I would add to...so what if it's high? You haven't stated any problem it's causing you, or making things better for that matter, besides some numbers on a test. We tend to ask how you're doing besides treating numbers on a test.

Antisosa

I am currently on 50mg e3.5d test.
I wouldn’t say horrible side effects but I take it around 7pm and shortly after I feel fatigue. I don’t know if that’s because I just ate dinner and it’s end of day so get extra tired.

Vince

Super Moderator
I am currently on 50mg e3.5d test.
I wouldn't say horrible side effects but I take it around 7pm and shortly after I feel fatigue. I don't know if that's because I just ate dinner and it's end of day so get extra tired.

Maybe you should try taking it before you go to bed.

Antisosa

Yeah maybe. I skipped it last night because I was nervous. I Wonder what the half life is on dhea supplements. If I took it every 2 days. But yeah I’ll talk to defy nurse next week

There's a good number of guys on EM that don't tolerate DHEA very well and they've given you a rather large dose, too. You may need to cut it way back, I suggest 5-10mg to see how you tolerate it. I tend to disagree with the blanket inclusion of DHEA as just a given or standard thing in TRT, its overprescribed and overdosed as far as I'm concerned.

Vince

Super Moderator
There's a good number of guys on EM that don't tolerate DHEA very well and they've given you a rather large dose, too. You may need to cut it way back, I suggest 5-10mg to see how you tolerate it. I tend to disagree with the blanket inclusion of DHEA as just a given or standard thing in TRT, its overprescribed and overdosed as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/406925_4

Oops that was meant for Antisosa

rhino5169

I may have to agree with this.
I was on 50mg / day but I stopped because I wasnt sure if it was doing anything. Just before I stopped my number was 613 (71.6 - 375.4)
I stopped altogether that was 5 weeks ago and I feel no better nor worse.
I am 49.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching