Coming off TRT- Defy HPTA Reset Protocol

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
So the change is that there is no waiting period after stopping testosterone and enclomiphene became 6 weeks rather than 4, correct?
Those are changes from the older protocol given by Jasen Bruce, but the protocol I listed is the same as the one given above by Dr. Saya on 9/18/2016—except that enclomiphene is used in place of clomiphene and an AI is included. The AI use possibly aids the restart even if it's not needed to control high estrogen.

Shanem

New Defy Protocal:
  • STOP T Cyp
  • BEGIN HCG 500 iu TIW x 2 weeks then stop
  • BEGIN Enclomiphene 25mg by mouth Daily M-F x 12 weeks then stop
  • CONT Anastrozole 0.2 mg twice weekly, discontinue at end of Enclomiphine cycle
Your next lab tests are due in 12 weeks
  • Testosterone, Free, Direct with Total Testosterone LabCorp
  • Estradiol, Sensitive (LC/MS) LabCorp
  • Luteinizing Hormone (LH) LabCorp

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
New Defy Protocal:
  • STOP T Cyp
  • BEGIN HCG 500 iu TIW x 2 weeks then stop
  • BEGIN Enclomiphene 25mg by mouth Daily M-F x 12 weeks then stop
  • CONT Anastrozole 0.2 mg twice weekly, discontinue at end of Enclomiphine cycle
Your next lab tests are due in 12 weeks
  • Testosterone, Free, Direct with Total Testosterone LabCorp
  • Estradiol, Sensitive (LC/MS) LabCorp
  • Luteinizing Hormone (LH) LabCorp

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the beneficial effects.

If you want to know where your FT level truly sits then you would need to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

I would replace: Testosterone, Free, Direct with Total Testosterone LabCorp
with either one of these tests from Nelson's discountedlabs.

1 Testosterone, Total and Free (NO Upper Limit) plus Hematocrit

2 Testosterone, Total, LC/MS and Free (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration)

Fortunate

A few thoughts/questions:
  1. If your TRT protocol included long term use of HCG, can one assume he has preserved testicular capacity to create endogenous testosterone? Would this make these protocols less necessary?
  2. Could one consider a transition from their protocol to Natesto? That way, you can still supplement for a period of time, while the pulsatile nature of Natesto minimizes HPTA suppression. I am not sure if this would happen in practice, but seems to make sense in theory. I have read that Natesto does not suppress normal endogenous function. But, I don’t know if starting Natesto after other forms of TRT would allow an already suppressed system to “restart” itself?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
  1. If your TRT protocol included long term use of HCG, can one assume he has preserved testicular capacity to create endogenous testosterone? ...
This would often be the case, but hCG doses with TRT are usually lower. I maintained decent testicular volume with hCG use but never had indications that endogenous testosterone production was significant.
  1. ... Would this make these protocols less necessary?
Not really, if you're looking to speed things up. Typically a long ester such as cypionate is used for TRT. This takes time to clear after administration has ended. During this period you should maintain hCG use to avoid backsliding. There's no point in adding the SERM until exogenous testosterone is substantially reduced.

1. ...
  2. Could one consider a transition from their protocol to Natesto? That way, you can still supplement for a period of time, while the pulsatile nature of Natesto minimizes HPTA suppression. I am not sure if this would happen in practice, but seems to make sense in theory. I have read that Natesto does not suppress normal endogenous function. But, I don’t know if starting Natesto after other forms of TRT would allow an already suppressed system to “restart” itself?
This is possibly workable. You could phase in the use of Natesto as the previous exogenous testosterone fades. A SERM might still be helpful to speed up the process. You could potentially have some problems if there's a period when you're relying on only Natesto for your testosterone. This could mean some fairly long periods each day with very low levels.

I've been thinking of posting a write-up of a restart plan that in theory works the fastest and reduces periods of low testosterone. The downside is its complexity: While still on TRT you start taking kisspeptin, GnRH and hCG. Each acts to stimulate one element of the HPTA, respectively the hypothalamus, the pituitary, and the testicles. This attacks the restart problem in parallel.

DkP318

Looking to come off trt

my natural levels were

850 total
11.6 free
63.6 shbg

I’m on 100mg and 500iu of hcg

tried to come off in January and retested 4 weeks later my levels were 560 total and 6.8 free. Came off cold turkey, wasn’t as bad as you guys made it out to be.

im wondering did I give myself enough time to recover with only 4 weeks on the retest? Can someone guide me?

Email [email protected]

This is outdated and was a compilation of several separate protocols. Over the years (and currently) have zeroed in on our current protocol (with some case-by-case variation):

HCG 300-400iu daily X 14 days, FOLLOWED by Clomid 25mg daily X 28 days (6 week cumulative regimen).
Is this still a good regimen? I want to come off TRT and this one seems pretty straighforward

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me