Better Choice For Body Comp

Buy Lab Tests Online

TheDude84

Wondering what option you guys think would be best with respect to body composition.
I do 4-5 crossfit WODs each week after work. I like to do something in the morning. Options are as follows.

1. Jog 25:00 (normally 2.75-3 miles)
2. Row (Concept 2) intervals (example: 5x 300m w/ 1:00 rest)
3. Walk on incline (treadmill)

Note: This is always done before any kind of breakfast. Normally I'll eat a bit 5 or 6 hours later.

These options are in addition to the 4-5 WODs each week. I know, crossfit is terrible; I find it enjoyable. That is why we do this stuff after all, isn't it?

PS - I have been utilizing option 1 for over a month. I feel like i rarely have any "spring in my step" and I feel like I've actually gotten softer looking. I'm not heavier but look less lean.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I wouldn't go as far as to say it will always trump the steady state. It kind of depends on how much other high intensity activity being performed, don't you think?

There are enough studies that have shown that steady state reduces lean muscle mass and bone density; both of which middle age and older don't need.

HIT on the other hand has shown to increase both while increase cardio fitness.

To each their own I guess; but for me, I go with the one that provides the best health benefits.

TheDude84

I'm going to go with that recommendation for a few weeks and see if I feel less run down toward the end of the week. I'm hoping the reduced volume will help this and that it won't be offset by the increased level of effort. This morning I hit 8x 250m rows (around :50 each) with 45 seconds rest. Only took 12 minutes but it was tough!

You make a lot of absolutist statements Gene and this bit of broscience is hands down incorrect.

I have a garage gym with a Power Rack, 90 lb. Power Block Adjustable Dumbells, an extra bar and bumper weights for either Olympic lifts or using the Drop the bar on the deadlift method. Actually Kettlebells and a plyo box too. Some bought for the kids who were both athletes but..

Lately I've been thinking of joining a gym and just going through a series of machines for some set routines 3-4 days a week. I don't know, losing motivation and not having to **** around with all the plates all the time as you scale up during warm ups. I am 47 but 10-15 years ago I knew a 52 year old guy who only used the machines never gave two shits about "functional" and was pretty ripped for his age. Neck muscles, you name it.

So part of me thinks it might be good just to go a place like that for a few months to change up my boredom with the garage.

Also, for those of us on pretty high doses of Test, would steady state cardio affect our muscles the same as it would for Joe Schmoe? I had a lady I was working on for a while who wanted me to do Orangetheory Fitness with her but the cost of it considering I pay a monthly fee, plus buy Sermorelin just seemed prohibitive but it's all HIIT based.

I don't know maybe getting a kid back in college and out of the house will get me into the garage more than 3 times a week. I am just saying I am damn tempted to do circuit type training in a gym for a bit just to change things up.

Wondering what option you guys think would be best with respect to body composition.
I do 4-5 crossfit WODs each week after work. I like to do something in the morning. Options are as follows.

Note: This is always done before any kind of breakfast. Normally I'll eat a bit 5 or 6 hours later.

These options are in addition to the 4-5 WODs each week. I know, crossfit is terrible; I find it enjoyable. That is why we do this stuff after all, isn't it?

PS - I have been utilizing option 1 for over a month. I feel like i rarely have any "spring in my step" and I feel like I've actually gotten softer looking. I'm not heavier but look less lean.

That which is highlighted is your one and only problem. Keep your metabolism in starvation mode and body in a catabolized state you'll never get results. You guys need to actually read what some one posts before you start talking. This is a serious problem he just posted and your're quibbling about the workout without any word at all that he's starving himself.

chaps

I would not be doing any kind of HIIT on an empty stomach, at the very least try 10grams bcaa or 1 scoop whey, preferably the bcaa. Empty stomach cardio should be low intensity, i do have to agree with Gene though HIIT is more efficient. John Meadows has a great article on cardio you should check out https://www.t-nation.com/training/regular-cardio-will-make-you-fat. I say drop the jogging completely, either do easy walking and counting steps or HIIT intervals.

I'd also like to mention when you make the comment that you rarely feel a "spring in your step", crossfit when followed to the letter without proper periodization can burn you out quite easily, it's quite possible you are over taxing your adrenals and need to back off the exercise frequency or intensity.

If you want to play something like basketball aren't you likely to have to do more than just 8-10 60 yard dashes?

Of course the thread is about Body Comp not what sport you might want to play at. I realize basketball itself is largely anaerobic but after about 15 years of doing very little, I only could managed a couple of minutes at a time before checking back out. This was Pre-TRT but all I've done is mostly just walk along with lifting and I really think getting closer to almost no visible visceral fat is pretty important. I see so many somewhat thin joggers and my arms and shoulders look pretty damn good.

So why not 2-3 months to get a baseline cardio before starting sprint work? Or do you guys do all your lifting HIIT style too? I was under the impression that lifting I wanted to rest 3-4 minutes to regain more strength, but maybe dropping the amount of weight and only resting 60-90 seconds would carry over to both body comp and getting the heart ready for hoops.

I got game, I just beat my 6'5 18 year old 1-on-1 but I guarantee I was sucking wind.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me