Before You Post About Estradiol or Anastrozole- READ THIS FIRST

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Estradiol (E2) frightens a lot of men with low T or on TRT. It’s perceived - all too often - as an almost wicked hormone, lurking, waiting to undermine a patient’s TRT protocol. Guys fear it will rob them of their erections and sex drive and cause them to grow breasts. Estradiol is a necessary hormone, and men must promote adequate levels of E2. Failure to do so results in serious health risks. It can’t be said often enough: Men must maintain healthy levels of estradiol, no question about it. Just what constitutes a “healthy level,” however, has become a matter of dispute here at Excelmale. The conversations become tiresome and unproductive.

I don’t understand why so many recent threads on this issue slide into a back-and-forth,“E2 good, AI (aromatase inhibitors) bad,” exchange. As has been argued at Excelmale for years, anastrozole and other AIs are certainly overused. Too many doctors who fail to understand estradiol’s crucial in male health prescribe them with abandon; such practices undermine the best efforts of far too many men looking to overcome their problems with low testosterone. However, anastrozole is NOT poison and can, when used responsibly, help some men achieve their TRT goals. No one is well served when assertions are made that have no support in the available literature. In truth, we don’t know how high estradiol can rise before it becomes a problem. Nor can we, or any doctor, know with total certainty if a patient might be one who must add anastrozole to their protocol until it is in the mix. I would hope men don’t need it - but every one of us is different.

Considering these comments, I’m going to ask all members here to step back from the field of battle. We all get it. Many of you wouldn’t take an AI for all the money in the world. You are passionate in support of that position. Others are just as firmly committed to the use of anastrozole in your case or similar cases. Both positions are reasonable. Neither position should be held with the tenacity that we have seen here recently.

I am confident that men will continue to post their E2 questions and concerns. I want them to. But if the discussion slides into the war of words seen here recently, moderators and I will close off that aspect of the discussion. Too much heat and anger, and not enough light, has already been generated by these exchanges.

Do yourself and us a favor. Glance through the 3 pages of estradiol study summaries before you post your question or comment: Role of Estradiol in Men and Its Management

The Top 18 Things You Did Not Know About Estradiol's Role in Men's Health | Discounted Labs

Thank you, guys!

Nelson
Founder

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs