Bausch Health has discontinued production of Delatestryl® in Canada

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
This is sad to hear!

Delatestryl has been in use since 1956!

*Clinical safety and efficacy of Testosterone Enanthate Injection, USP is supported by clinical use with Canadian patients since 1956 without incidence

Looks like we are stuck with the generic Testosterone Enanthate manufactured by Hikma.

At least we still have the option for big pharma Depo-testosterone manufactured by Pfizer Canada Inc. or the generic Testosterone Cypionate manufacture by Taro Pharmaceutical Inc.

Downfall here is the TC is only available in the 100mg/mL strength in Canada.

Testosterone Injectable Shortage​

March 28, 2024 update:

Health Canada has informed CSEM that Bausch Health has discontinued production of Delatestryl®. For more details, please see the Drug Shortages Canada report. However, a generic version of the same strength will be available through Hikma Canada Limited. Testosterone Enanthate Injection, 200 mg/mL is now available at the wholesale level. Drug formulary coverage in all provinces and territories is expected to be effective by Spring 2024. Please let us know if you have any questions or difficulty accessing this medication.

Company comments:

*3rd party manufacturer will no longer supply

Screenshot (35125).png

Screenshot (35126).png

Screenshot (35127).png

Screenshot (35128).png

Attachments

• 00071616.pdf
    471 KB · Views: 8
  • e236baf5-f405-4ebd-b071-ca993e5fabf6.pdf
    306.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 00054845.pdf
    731.3 KB · Views: 6
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Any compounders in Canada that can make it ?

Yes there are some compounding pharmacies that do it but I am not sure which ones are considered the most reputable.

I have always used big pharma Delatestryl (TE) during the majority of my time on TTh (7 yrs) and just recently decided to switch over to Depo-Testosterone (TC).

I have also tried the generic Taro-Testosterone (TC).

At least we still have the option of the generic version of Delatestryl through Hikma Canada Ltd. which is the same formulation/strength.

Screenshot (35129).png

Melody68

Looks like we are stuck with the generic Testosterone Enanthate manufactured by Hikma.

This is disappointing; I just started the Delatestyrl and was beginning to get some good results. It highlights one concern I had of TRT, which is that I'd become dependant on outside sources of T . . . and what would happen if it suddenly wasn't available? I know, may be irrational . . . but stranger things have happened.

Madman, are you implying that the generic enanthate by Hikma is inferior to the Delatestryl? Would a Delatestryl user be wiser to switch to cyp?

Last edited:

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Madman, are you implying that the generic enanthate by Hikma is inferior to the Delatestryl? Would a Delatestryl user be wiser to switch to cyp?
I'm sure he didn't mean to imply that - Hikma enanthate is liquid gold and it is God's gift to TRT users. I've tried maybe ten different formulas now and I am not kidding with you. If you are having good results with delatestryl, why would you want to switch to a different ester and a different formula with 44x more excipients?

I am wondering if maybe the end of delatestryl production is the reason why Hikma enanthate is on backorder until June in the United States? Did you guys up north buy out all their stock?

Melody68

FunkOdyssey, I was just reading older posts about Hikma E and saw that both you and GMAN86 were big users of that product.

I'm pleased to see that you think highly of the Hikma E, since that will likely become my default. In searching the internet, I was alarmed at some of the negative comments that have come up on the Hikma enanthate, although this could be statistical anomalies often prevalent with internet research.

I thought of switching to cyp, but I had zero side effects from Delatestryl; I'll have to stay with enanthate. I wonder if I could convince my pharmacist to hide a box of the Delatestryl for me (ha!)?

I note that Bausch says they cannot obtain the Delatestryl anymore from their "third party manufacturer". Maybe the manufacturer was Hikma anyway?

Last edited:

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
FunkOdyssey, I was just reading older posts about Hikma E and saw that both you and GMAN86 were big users of that product.

I'm pleased to see that you think highly of the Hikma E, since that will likely become my default. In searching the internet, I was alarmed at some of the negative comments that have come up on the Hikma enanthate, although this could be statistical anomalies often prevalent with internet research.
Much like the vegan to carnivore versus carnivore to vegan transitions, cypionate vs. enanthate has a very lopsided preference ratio. Among people that have tried both, many do not have a preference. However, when someone DOES have a preference between those two esters, the ratio is 10:1 enanthate over cypionate. Very rare that it goes the other way.

Check this thread out: TRT induced insomnia

kazuya_mishima was having a ton of issues with cypionate, just like my friend and I. I convinced him to switch to hikma enanthate, and in his words, I "may have saved his TRT journey, seriously." He's doing great now.

I note that Bausch says they cannot obtain the Delatestryl anymore from their "third party manufacturer". Maybe the manufacturer was Hikma anyway?
That sounds very plausible!

madman

Super Moderator

This is disappointing; I just started the Delatestyrl and was beginning to get some good results. It highlights one concern I had of TRT, which is that I'd become dependant on outside sources of T . . . and what would happen if it suddenly wasn't available? I know, may be irrational . . . but stranger things have happened.

No!

The generic manufactured by Hikma is the same formulation (ester, carrier oil/excipients) as the brand name Delatestryl which is testosterone enanthate in sesame oil with chlorobutanol as the preservative.

It is comes in the same 5 mL vial 200 mg/mL strength.

There should be no difference in the effectiveness unless there was a known quality issue with the generic.

Delatestryl has stood the test of time and has always been top notch when it comes to quality/reputation.

Definitely would not recommend that anyone switch from TE to TC unless they have an issue getting the generic TE manufactured by Hikma.

From my understanding it should be available soon.

Whether your pharmacy has early access remains to be seen!

Just be prepared that you may still have to wait awhile before you can get it so you better have a backup plan as your only other options in Canada are big pharma Depo-testosterone manufactured by Pfizer Canada Inc. or the generic Testosterone Cypionate manufacture by Taro Pharmaceutical Inc.

Would not even make the claim that TE is better then TC unless you are one of those what we call outliers/hyper responders.

As I have stated previously it comes down to trial and error.

No one can tell you what is better for you.

Would not get too caught up on the forums.

Many men do well using TE or TC whether injecting strictly sub-q or IM.

If you are one of those outliers or what we call hyper responders then you may need to pay attention to the carrier oils/excipients of the particular formulation.

Only time will tell.

I have tried both TE and TC and there is no difference in bloods let alone sides.

Never had an issue with the carrier oils/excipients!

I inject a whopping .75 mL (75 units) TC in cottonseed oil which contains the preservatives benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate, strictly sub-q twice-weekly!

madman

Super Moderator

I thought of switching to cyp, but I had zero side effects from Delatestryl; I'll have to stay with enanthate. I wonder if I could convince my pharmacist to hide a box of the Delatestryl for me (ha!)?

Delatestryl was manufactured in house by Bausch.

3rd party manufacturer will no longer supply would most likely mean that Bausch has ran into some serious problems with sourcing the raws API (active pharmaceutical ingredient)/materials needed to formulate the medication.

When it comes to the different T formulations in Canada your only options are
generic oral TU, big pharma transdermal gel/compounded cream, nasal gel (Natesto), injectable esterified TC (big pharma Depo-testosterone, generic), TE (generic).

The topical solution (Axiron), transdermal T-patch (Androderm) were discontinued and the legendary big pharma oral TU (Andriol) was also recently pulled from the market.

You can add the beloved Delatestryl to the discontinued list now!

Screenshot (35140).png

Melody68

Madman, you are a wealth of information and I thank you for that.

It's pleasant to know that the option of enanthate is still open in generic form. BUT . . . what if, for example, there were a problem in sourcing the raw materials such that Hikma suffered the same fate as Bausch? Would Health Canada insist that someone fill the gap by producing enanthate? Or would it simply be "sorry about your luck . . ."?

The OC part of me always wonders what would happen IF an acceptable form of T was no longer available . . . and our testicles didn't want to play anymore. Am I thinking too much?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me