Anyone ever have a high Creatine Kinase CK(CPK) test?

Buy Lab Tests Online

roadglide

My new Doctor is concerned and took me off the statin I was taking. I suspected as with my ALT test it was a result of weight training. A couple years ago my previous Dr was concerned about a slightly elevated ALT test and I underwent many liver tests and everything was fine. Doing a quick internet search on the bodybuilding forums I see many people freaking out because of Doctors freaking out. If I don't weight train a few days before my labs my ALT is normal. I'm hoping this now is true for CK.

Next time before I do labs I'm going to stop weight training a week before. It really throws Doctors off in a bad way! I don't want to stop taking the stain.

ALT (SGPT)

Result58 High

UnitsIntUnits/L

Reference Range5-55

Test NameCK(CPK)

Result703 High

UnitsIntUnits/L

Reference Range36-340

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
My Nurse Practitioner trips on my Creatinine (Kidney) tests...she won't see thru to several individual factors: 1)my muscle mass, 2)heavy weight training, 3)CMP/CBC needs to be 10-12hrs fasted. 4)VERY high protein diet.

Of course I pulled something over lab range, >1.35 because I had eaten 30 minutes prior, and was slamming weights about 18hrs before. I'm 5' 9" 220lbs now...I have some muscle mass.

I have a CBC/CMP test strategy now...no lifting for at least 72hrs, I lift M-Th and take bloods on Mon AM, no Creatine supplements on off days, and fasted 12hrs (water ONLY). When I do that my Creatinine tests are <1.35.

As you did my own research indicated weight lifters and body builders as a common false-positive (my words) for kidney trouble. Conversely I don't think I've ever pulled abnormal liver AST/ALT no matter my test strategy.

ZizshitWork

If your Dr is flipping out over 703, they'd be making his funeral arrangements if he saw one of my earlier tests. I was using a simple as-suggested 1-tbsp of Optimal Nutrition creatine only after workouts and my test came back over 4000. Note: for still-undiagnosed fatigue issues I am and have been down to only 2-3 workouts per week. I stopped the creatine altogether for a few weeks, tested again and got around 1200. If that's any indicator it appears to 'hang' in your system for a while and maybe that's why your test #'s appear high. Merely my experience. Best of luck.

roadglide

Good info thanks guys. Yea I stopped taking Creatine about 6 or more months ago. The protein powder I was taking also had some in it. I don't think the powder I'm taking now does. I actually went in for another set of labs for my HRT Doc yesterday. So we'll see what the difference is.

roadglide

You may want to read one of my answers on TheBody.com (HIV health site)

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Nutrition/Q216234.html

Interesting Nelson, well I went back to the gym today. I think this is the first time I've ever had this test done so I don't know what my norm is. I stopped taking the statin and the doctor wants me to retest in three months. I'll probably stop lifting two weeks before my next test to be on the safe side.

roadglide

Well guys I had the labs redone 4 months later, and no workout for the last six weeks. My CK actually increased from 703 to 740 with a range of 36-340. My ALT dropped from 58 to 50 with a range of 5-55. So I don't know if I should be concerned. I don't have any muscle pain. I do have a lot of muscle mass, but I'm also overweight by about 40lbs. I haven't been eating clean, and have been drinking a lot of beer on the weekends. I plan on stopping drinking until my next lab. The Dr wants me to repeat in one month, and stay off the statin.

Eldridge

Well guys I had the labs redone 4 months later, and no workout for the last six weeks. My CK actually increased from 703 to 740 with a range of 36-340. My ALT dropped from 58 to 50 with a range of 5-55. So I don't know if I should be concerned. I don't have any muscle pain. I do have a lot of muscle mass, but I'm also overweight by about 40lbs. I haven't been eating clean, and have been drinking a lot of beer on the weekends. I plan on stopping drinking until my next lab. The Dr wants me to repeat in one month, and stay off the statin.
Did your high CK number resolve itself or was there no concern to worry about your high number.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me