An $80,000 surprise bill points to a loophole in a new law to protect patients

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I also had a $19,000 medical bill that my insurance refused to pay. I appealed it with the help of a health advocate. It took me 16 months but I finally won. What a pain in the butt. It was worth it because I knew I was right.

Vince

Super Moderator
Good for you. What most hospitals do is to send you to collection and try to ruin your credit.

What advocate did you use?
I had to call the hospital every month, when I would get the bill and tell them that I'm appealing the insurance. And not to put me in collections.

It was a health advocate through work. SPX health advocate.

WestB87

My wife and I just went through something similar with our insurance after her bilateral salpingectomy in the same year as the birth of our fourth son. Got hit with a surprise bill for over $2500 after having already met our $3000 deductible. Took us arguing with insurance several times over and using the very paperwork defining our policy FROM THEIR OWN WEBSITE stating that sterilizations are a one time covered procedure with zero copay or deductible, yet they argued that “wasn’t what our policy covered”. Hospital never seemed to put the note in our file stating we were debating the charge with insurance. They had “borderline” sent it to collections offering a third party medical financing organization to pay for the bill before making a final send to collections. Has been an absolute debacle. I feel for anyone who ever has to play this stupid game.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me