3 months on Hydrogel Testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bennytrt

Hello everyone,

I have been on hydrogel (200mg/ml) at 4 clicks in the morning for 3 months. I finally had time to do my blood work and these were my results:

Labcorp
Testosterone, Total, LC/MS 37.5 Low (264.0-916.0ng/dL)
Testosterone, Free 0.80 Low (5.00-21.00 ng/dL)
Dihydrotestosterone 23 Low (Adult Male: 30 - 85 ng/dl)
DHT, Free 1.73 Low (2.30 - 11.60 pg/ml)

Quest diagnostics
ESTRADIOL,ULTRASENSITIVE, LC/MS: 5 (Reference Range: < OR = 29 pg/mL)
LDL-CHOLESTEROL 101 High mg/dL (calc) (Reference range: <100)

I only had a few labs done just to see where some of my levels. I still have more labs that I had done but I believe these might be enough.

I apply it every morning after a quick 3 to 5 min shower. 1 click on scrotum, 1 click on penis, 1 click on left thigh, and 1 click on my right thigh. I blow dry it with warm air to speed things up and start my day. I make sure not to sweat much for 1.5 hours. I have not idea why my levels are so low and why my ldl went up.

Note: I was on test cyp 140mg p/week with 2000 iu's of hcg before I switched to hydrogel. While I was on hydrogel I decided to experiment and stop using hcg until yesterday since my estradiol was very low. I will be only on 1,000 ius of hcg with 4 clicks of hydrogel. I plan on re-checking them in a week or 2. If my levels are still low, I will finish the bottle in combination with my old injectable dose.

Thanks for any feedback

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

Best is to get the real Androgel with a prescription, if you can.

Don't know what that "hydrogel" is but it seems either fake or not absorbing at all. And don't blow dry it - heat degrades testosterone.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Don't know what that "hydrogel" is but it seems either fake or not absorbing at all. And don't blow dry it - heat degrades testosterone.
I agree with everything except the part about heat degrading testosterone. Testosterone can stand a lot more heat than our skin can. He shouldn't blow dry it because that shortens the time that the alcohol is acting as a skin penetration enhancer.

Bennytrt

Best is to get the real Androgel with a prescription, if you can.

Hydrogel is legit. I buy it from Empower pharmacy.

Bennytrt

I agree with everything except the part about heat degrading testosterone. Testosterone can stand a lot more heat than our skin can. He shouldn't blow dry it because that shortens the time that the alcohol is acting as a skin penetration enhancer.
Maybe that's the issue. I never thought that at a medium level of heat it could stop absorption. I will stop blow drying it. Would it be detrimental if I air fan it?

What I was doing before was actually blow drying my groin at medium heat for 2 mins, apply it, then blow dry it again at medium heat. I told my doctor and he didn't say anything about the absorption being prevented. All he said was that it could over dry my skin and that's not good.

Bennytrt

I got the same results on Empowers testosterone cream, 89 ng/dL and didn't absorb well at all.
I also used their testosterone cream at 50 mg/ml per click with injections but my levels dropped. Then I decided to try hydrogel since it has a better absorption but apparently blow drying it could be the issue.

sammmy

Hydrogel is legit. I buy it from Empower pharmacy.

I think with price reduction coupons and maybe insurance, you can get Androgel at similar price.

When trying something for the first time, it's best to go for the tried and tested Androgel, not scarcely tested formulations of compounding pharmacies. Androgel contains 1.62% testosterone, your "hydrogel" is 20% testosterone - obviously its delivery vehicle is about 10 times LESS effective than the one of Androgel.

sammmy

I think the "hydrogel" he uses is the Atrevis Hydrogel base, which is a seemingly overhyped "proprietary" base consisting of some polymer and no alcohol: https://www.pccarx.com/products/PCCAATREVISHYDROGEL®/30-4986/PROPRIETARYBASES

The alcohol gel base of Androgel clearly beats it in delivery efficiency, since Androgel uses only 1.62% testosterone vs wooping 20% in the "hydrogel".

Bennytrt

I just finished reading into the ingredients and it's alcohol free. It uses a polymer network along with natural enhancers to allow testosterone to penetrate.

Bennytrt

I think with price reduction coupons and maybe insurance, you can get Androgel at similar price.

When trying something for the first time, it's best to go for the tried and tested Androgel, not scarcely tested formulations of compounding pharmacies. Androgel contains 1.62% testosterone, your "hydrogel" is 20% testosterone - obviously its delivery vehicle is about 10 times LESS effective than the one of Androgel.
I will definitely look into Androgel. Thanks

sammmy

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that topical T doesn't work for you only from trying some unverified "proprietary" gel.

Try the real stuff Androgel and then form conclusions.

Bennytrt

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that topical T doesn't work for you only from trying some unverified "proprietary" gel.

Try the real stuff Androgel and then form conclusions.
Very true, I had not thought about it that way. Thanks for the insight and I will be looking into Androgel.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I just finished reading into the ingredients and it's alcohol free. It uses a polymer network along with natural enhancers to allow testosterone to penetrate.
The same principle applies. Blow drying reduces the duration of action of any volatile penetration enhancer that's used. However, I doubt it's such a significant effect as to be the difference between good absorption and your abysmal results. I'm with @Systemlord on this one: I doubt you're going to get good results with Androgel—I sure didn't. Typically guys start with Androgel and have these poor results. In some cases they do much better with high-concentration formulations like the one you're using. I haven't heard of anyone starting with a 20% topical and getting better results with 1.62%.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me