2 Years on TRT: Update and my thoughts.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cips1975

Summary for those interested:
- At 42 decided to randomly get my T levels checked. Labs results were in the 230’s, so pretty low. I’ll be honest that I really didn’t exhibit any major low T issues that drove me to check. I was just plain interested as I always worked out and was wondering about T clinics. I was already is decent shape for my age even at low levels.
-Clinic put me on 200mg of test cyp per week ( 100mg on Mon and 100mg on Thur). HcG at 500iu (25 on Mon and 25 on Thur). Anastrozole 0.5mg (Tues, Fri, Sun)
-Stayed on this plan for most of year one. There were some tweaks to the test cyp dose after follow up where dose was decreased a bit and then back to 200 later on after additional labs. My highest was like in the 1200s initially then around 700-800 after tweaks. So some back and forth.
-All other metrics were always solid
and within the reference ranges. E levels and lipids and so forth. Just the T levels fluxed a bit here and there.
- My body did recomp in year one so that was a plus. Def maintained muscle maybe put on a little bit but lost fat and more vascular then ever. Improved recovery was mostly noticeable. I never get sore anymore. Since I never really had lowT symptoms prior , I can’t really say it had any impact on my mood, libido etc. All was fine before and working.
- During Year 2. I experimented a bit. I took myself off the Anastrozole for like 2-3 months after reading and researching several positions around AI usage on TRT. You all know the deal. I will note I was having no issues with my AI usage. Labs always came back with normal E levels while taking.
-Well my Estradiol levels did go up quite a bit on follow up labs as expected. Went from 20’s to almost 80 during that period. Again, no symptoms or issues when I was high.
-So after my experiment I did resume my AI again after my Dr consult. Back to the normal program for most of year 2.
-I also played around with my Test Cyp dosages as well and purposely decreased from 200mg to around 150mg each week. Main reason I was getting some Back acne and it was a nuisance, nothing crazy.
- As I entered year 3 this Jan. I did come off the AI again and decided to maintain a lower dose of around 130-150 test cyp per week.
- Just got labs recently and my Total and free test are slightly above the reference range and my Estradiol is in the 50’s.
- I feel good on my lower dose responding well. This time with my higher E levels, I am
Just gonna maintain the course. No AI and will remain on my lower T dose.
- Feel good and look good.
- Bonus item: So my HcG usage has been consistent. Fiancé and I are looking to have a child via IVF. I was worried my sperm count would be jacked or possibly infertile due to suppression and not knowing if the HcG was actually helping or not. Well they did a sperm analysis and I am fertile and all my metrics from amount of sperm, motility etc were normal. So I guess the HcG worked for me.

Thats my story. Sorry for the long ramble but couldn’t sleep.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cips1975

Hi. SHBG was not part of blood work write up. Considering that my total and free test is slightly above the reference range my assumption is my SHBG is likely normal. Again, just an assumption but since my other levels are where they are at and I feel great, I am not worried about SHBG at this point.

Willyt

Thanks for sharing. From everything I have read on this forum, I am always surprised to see Docs starting patients at 200mg per week. Why not start with lower dose and no AI and then tritate up until side effects develop?

Cips1975

Yes. I must admit. Going into this 2 years ago I was like, “200mg, sure I’ll take it , AI, sure I’ll take it , HcG, count me in “ You learn a lot when getting into this process and sites like this have become very helpful. Lots of good stuff on Youtube as well, just need to be mindful of the BS on YouTube. I have educated myself better using these resources than any of the clinic docs / associates I am or have worked with. At the end the day, we need to take our health in our own hands a and ask the right questions and be critical thinkers. It took me like a year to figure out my program that works for me. Good luck.

M.J

I shifted from EOD sustanon to twice weekly and man I saw a big difference.

yet not the best but for sure withou even second thinking it, it is much better than EOD.

will try to skipping one injection and later try once a week injection.

my AI usage very small I noticed difficulties reaching orgasm without it.

Last edited:

Gman86

@Cips1975 so you have maintained fertility with just 500iu’s/ week of HCG, is that correct? That’s awesome. I have a 2 1/2 month old that I conceived while using 1000iu’s of HCG per week.

Cips1975

@Cips1975 so you have maintained fertility with just 500iu’s/ week of HCG, is that correct? That’s awesome. I have a 2 1/2 month old that I conceived while using 1000iu’s of HCG per week.
Correct. I do 25 units of HcG mon and thurs. Been doing that for two years and this is the first sperm test I got and it came back good thru the fertility clinic. My TRT clinic told me they see good results at just 250iu once a week.

Gman86

Correct. I do 25 units of HcG mon and thurs. Been doing that for two years and this is the first sperm test I got and it came back good thru the fertility clinic. My TRT clinic told me they see good results at just 250iu once a week.

Holy crap. 250iu’s/ week is a pretty low dose. What brand of HCG is it? Is it a compounded HCG that they supply?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me