Forgot to properly introduce myself

Buy Lab Tests Online

Roberto_G

Hey everyone I am new to TRT injections and am glad to have found these forums at the start of my protocol. In case you didn't see my original post, I was prescribed a high dose of 200mg injection once a week with 2mg anastrozole (1mg twice weekly) and 500iu HCG. I decided to pause the protocol until I can get the lab results to post on here.

Some other info, I'm in relatively good shape, 37 years old, do a calisthenics workout about 3 times a week, and mostly eat healthy all cooked meals and no fast food or candy, etc. Though I do drink soda at work. Some of the reasons for considering TRT was due to a waning energy level, longer recovery times from my workouts, and I generally feel unmotivated and/or experience some brain fog at certain times. And honestly one of the main concerns lately has been a weakening libido, which I'm hoping to fix too.

From what I've been reading here, there are all types of regimens and people vary as far as how much is needed to improve symptoms and how much causes side-effects, etc. I have a thin build, wirey and never had much luck gaining lots of muscle mass, though I am fairly cut have low visible body fat. Ideally I would like to benefit from muscle gains, but really I'm just looking for an overall quality of life improvement, improving mood and libido, and would like to try smaller doses that might let me get away with not needing an AI and maybe minimal HCG (to continue producing natural test).

Another question I haven't found an answer for on here yet. Do most of you do macro-cycles? As in testosterone injections for 5 months and then 1 month recovery/cleanse phase? Or is it common to do a continuous regimen and maintain levels consistently?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Kirk001

Hey man, I'm about the same age as you and about to start this thing as well. From what I have read, you don't cycle on and off with TRT, cycles are for bodybuilders using supraphysiological levels.

CoastWatcher

Hey everyone I am new to TRT injections and am glad to have found these forums at the start of my protocol. In case you didn't see my original post, I was prescribed a high dose of 200mg injection once a week with 2mg anastrozole (1mg twice weekly) and 500iu HCG. I decided to pause the protocol until I can get the lab results to post on here.

Some other info, I'm in relatively good shape, 37 years old, do a calisthenics workout about 3 times a week, and mostly eat healthy all cooked meals and no fast food or candy, etc. Though I do drink soda at work. Some of the reasons for considering TRT was due to a waning energy level, longer recovery times from my workouts, and I generally feel unmotivated and/or experience some brain fog at certain times. And honestly one of the main concerns lately has been a weakening libido, which I'm hoping to fix too.

From what I've been reading here, there are all types of regimens and people vary as far as how much is needed to improve symptoms and how much causes side-effects, etc. I have a thin build, wirey and never had much luck gaining lots of muscle mass, though I am fairly cut have low visible body fat. Ideally I would like to benefit from muscle gains, but really I'm just looking for an overall quality of life improvement, improving mood and libido, and would like to try smaller doses that might let me get away with not needing an AI and maybe minimal HCG (to continue producing natural test).

Another question I haven't found an answer for on here yet. Do most of you do macro-cycles? As in testosterone injections for 5 months and then 1 month recovery/cleanse phase? Or is it common to do a continuous regimen and maintain levels consistently?
The use of cycling in a TRT regimen is not supported. Why would you want to "recover/cleanse"? Recover and cleanse from what? Healthy hormonal levels that - all of us hope - are leading to an enhanced quality of life? Return to the misery of hypogonadism?

Roberto_G

The use of cycling in a TRT regimen is not supported. Why would you want to "recover/cleanse"? Recover and cleanse from what? Healthy hormonal levels that - all of us hope - are leading to an enhanced quality of life? Return to the misery of hypogonadism?

Yeah this is what I was thinking too. My prescribed protocol is 5 months of 200mg TRT with AI and low HCG injections. Then on the 6th month, zero testosterone injections and high level HCG. I think the logic behind that cycle is, during the last month the testicles are "reactivated" to produce testosterone naturally to prevent atrophy. I'm no expert but I agree with you that, based on what I've been reading, this would really just cause a month of grief twice a year, and would probably hinder any long-term benefits that come from regularly moderated TRT for long durations. In fact, I imagine it would "shock" the body into trying to figure out why it suddenly has lower testosterone levels for 30 days, and then have to readjust to test injections again. Doesn't seem right. I should probably discuss this with my doctor or find a new one

CoastWatcher

Yeah this is what I was thinking too. My prescribed protocol is 5 months of 200mg TRT with AI and low HCG injections. Then on the 6th month, zero testosterone injections and high level HCG. I think the logic behind that cycle is, during the last month the testicles are "reactivated" to produce testosterone naturally to prevent atrophy. I'm no expert but I agree with you that, based on what I've been reading, this would really just cause a month of grief twice a year, and would probably hinder any long-term benefits that come from regularly moderated TRT for long durations. In fact, I imagine it would "shock" the body into trying to figure out why it suddenly has lower testosterone levels for 30 days, and then have to readjust to test injections again. Doesn't seem right. I should probably discuss this with my doctor or find a new one
Finding a new doctor makes a great deal of sense.

Roberto_G

And, considering that I'm thinking about using less about 1/2 the testosterone I was prescribed, I could technically just continually inject throughout the whole 6 months, and then reorder and continue. But I don't like the idea of having to lie to my doctor.

Sure seems like a lot of anastrazole to me. If I were to try that I would crash for sure. You better play close attention to your estrogen! Good luck and welcome!

DragonBits

That protocol isn't typical, but I am not so negative about it.

BUT what was your natural level of testosterone, and how high could HCG boost it? If HCG takes your TT to a high enough level, you won't get the typical TT crash.

I don't see the benefit of doing it that way Vs taking a higher level of HCG on a regular basis. And I wouldn't take anastrozole until I knew my estradiol levels.

I don't think the body tries to figure out why anything happens, it just attempts to balance whatever is happening.

Roberto_G

That protocol isn't typical, but I am not so negative about it.

BUT what was your natural level of testosterone, and how high could HCG boost it? If HCG takes your TT to a high enough level, you won't get the typical TT crash.

I don't see the benefit of doing it that way Vs taking a higher level of HCG on a regular basis. And I wouldn't take anastrozole until I knew my estradiol levels.

I don't think the body tries to figure out why anything happens, it just attempts to balance whatever is happening.

My natural total test was at 585, but as many say here numbers are numbers, it's more important how you feel. I just need to read more about HCG before I'd be ready to inject it frequently like that. From what I've heard it hasn't been tested very much, so just treading cautiously.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me