Never would have thought "Suicide Squad" movie was so emotional - a TRT first dose experience

Buy Lab Tests Online

FatGoat

Never would have thought "Suicide Squad" movie was so emotional - a TRT first dose experience

*deleleted as anecdotes are not welcomed. My apologies*

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Re-Ride

You've done a single "initial dose" then wrote a journal on how you reacted for the next three weeks? The doc that agreed to this was recommended here? Either we're missing something or you need a new doc.

FatGoat

Hmm... Curious how other doctors initiate therapy. My thoughts are that giving an initial shot and seeing how quickly a body processes it is a relatively low risk way to get started and learn how my body metabolizes and reacts to TRT. Seems reasonable, but if there is a better standard, I'm all ears.

Re-Ride

How many mg was that shot? What is the serum half life on average of t-cyp? How was the rate of metabolism going to be determined after this shot? Was any protocol discussed? Any return visit scheduled? Why wasn't the consult done by the doctor? Posting the labs that you reviewed with his nurse might give some insight.

The "better standard" you are looking for is everywhere on these pages. At the initial consult the lifetime commitment to weekly or twice weekly dosing for injection or daily topical is discussed along with other options if the doc feels there are any. A serum goal is discussed, typically falling somewhere in the range of 500-800 ng/dL. State of the art TRT is maintenance of stable serum levels on a daily basis. If a decision is made to begin injection therapy the protocol begins on the first day which means your next shot will be in 3.5 or 7 days . Injections continue regularly through the sixth week where labs are drawn again. The therapy would stop only if there was a serious adverse reaction which would not include emotional changes which are certainly possible. From your description TRT was not initiated. I know of no legitimate reason to give a pt a "test shot". Then again I am not a doctor.

I'm wondering if you are susceptible to the placebo effect. 40% of any clinical trial is influenced by the placebo effect, and I have to think that men, especially those who workout, watch their diet, and take supplements are even more susceptible. I'm also wondering if you are a troll. The manner in which your doctor is proceeding, combined with your journaling, can lead to over thinking and overreacting to subtle changes in your body.

You also should be working out. Too many guys go on TRT and wait for some magic event. Not working out, and working out hard, is a dumb move and a waste of the opportunity for health and strength that TRT provides. Are you working out? It would be better to be hyper focused on the positive results of exercise than any negative side effects that might come up.

Post your pre and post numbers. This anecdote doesn't give us any information. It's easy to blame TRT for any issues you are having, especially when just starting. For example, I got dehydrated during a workout the first week I was on, and I thought I was having a reaction of some sort. My son, who is on an HGH protocol went through a difficult time and believed his numbers were off. A blood test revealed it was psychological. Also, many guys overthink the supposed sexual side effects. They can be real, but I think too often guys are reacting with confirmation bias and getting the result that they think they are going to get. The more powerful the reputation of the medication, the more likely the placebo effect.

Get some bloodwork, contact your doctor, if you are new to TRT, he's not going to be surprised, and go from there.

And, if you are a troll, stir the pot somewhere else.

CoastWatcher

Please post pre-TRT labs, details of your protocol, how much testosterone you injected, how often you are to inject it, and any adjunctive medications your taking (HCG, anastrozole).

Frankly a single dose of cypionate is going to tell you...nothing. If you are actually following the process you describe to deal with your hypogonadism, you need to find different medical care.

Re-Ride

Nobody sticks anything in me unless I see them open a sealed vial. Are you sure you were injected with t-cypionate and not vitamins?

Do you have a photo of the sensor implant that was sending the the "rate of testosterone metabolism" to your smart phone via Blutooth? Would you mind sharing the data? What does a "safety protocol" for TRT initiation consist of? What "dangers" are possible? Can you describe a case of someone being rushed to the ER from testosterone? Can you list for us the "risks" the nurse discussed with you prior to giving you this injection?

With LH FSH in this range I'd be asking what I might do to bolster my pituitary prior to initiating TRT. Reviewing the sticky threads here covering the principles of TRT would be the next step.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me