Yet Another Healthy Carbs Post

Buy Lab Tests Online
I'm currently reading the book Wheat Belly by William Davis. Not surprisingly he says how bad wheat is for your health and supports a strict low carb diet. However, in one of the last chapters, he affirms something has left me bewildered

Oatmeal, for instance, whether “stone-ground,” Irish, or slow-cooked, will cause blood sugar to skyrocket. No diet should be dominated by any of these grains, nor do you need them. But most people can do fine by ingesting these grains in modest quantities (e.g., ¼ to ½ cup) [sic]

He basically says the same thing also for quinoa and legumes. Honestly I have also considered these carbs as the healthiest and they are my main source of carbs.
What do you, Nelson and the other forum gurus, think?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Insulin and Glucose Responses to Various Starch-Containing Foods

heart-healthy-foods-s4-oatmeal.jpg

Actually there is some truth about oatmeal causing more insulin increases than other carbs commonly assumed to be low glycemic due to their fiber content. Read this interesting paper attached to this post on the insulin response of certain food in people with Type 2 diabetes.

What this paper ignores, however, is the fact that once we add nuts and berries or yogurt to oatmeal, the glycemic index of the mixture is different than any of its separate components.

Insulin and Glucose Responses to Various Starch-Containing Foods in Type II Diabetic Subjects

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me