would you go on TRT with my levels ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

kafahmy

Hello,

I was on TRT for almost a year with a very reputable clinic. My experience was not positive. I overrespond to AIs and HCG ( 400iu twice/week) would shoot my E2 up.So I went through high and low E2 all the time and It was the worst time of my life.

I came off in May 2019 and been off since then. My restart, although painful was successful and my lab results are slightly better than prior to being on TRT.

Now that I am back to my baseline, I am facing all the low T symptoms that made me start TRT in the first place. It is not terrible, so to answer your question, I can survive without TRT but I also do not feel like my age(29 years old) most of the times; Lipido is low, getting in shape is hard, motivation, drive and confidence is low and life is just not enjoyable. What really confuses me is that some days I would feel like I'm completely fine and have no low T symptoms at all ( energy and lipido, sense of well being...etc is great) however, this is usually short lived and the Low T symptoms would hit me again . I am having an appointment with the clinic in few weeks and based on the below results I feel like they would suggest that I go back on TRT.

Would you go on TRT with my levels taking in consideration that I am 29years old, do not care about fertility for now as I know that when the times come, there are many ways to conceive .Also anyone went through the same experiences and would like to share, please do.

Thank you!

Iron Bind.Cap.(TIBC) 296 ug/dL 250 - 450
UIBC 237 ug/dL 111 - 343 01
Iron 59 ug/dL 38 - 169 01
Iron Saturation 20 % 15 - 55

Vitamin B12 709 pg/mL 232 - 1245 01
Folate (Folic Acid), Serum 12.3 ng/mL >3.0 01
Ferritin, Serum 187 ng/mL 30 - 400 01

Testosterone, Serum 465 ng/dL 264 - 916
Free Testosterone(Direct) 11.3 pg/mL 9.3 - 26.5
Estradiol, Sensitive 18.9 pg/mL 8.0 - 35.0
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 31.4 nmol/L 16.5 - 55.9 01
DHEA-Sulfate 272.6 ug/dL 138.5 - 475.2 01
Dihydrotestosterone 31 ng/dL
LH 4.5 mIU/mL 1.7 - 8.6 01

T4,Free(Direct) 1.30 ng/dL 0.82 - 1.77
Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab 13 IU/mL 0 - 34 01
Triiodothyronine (T3), Free 2.8 pg/mL 2.0 - 4.4 01
Reverse T3, Serum A 19.7 ng/dL 9.2 - 24.1
TSH 2.130 uIU/mL 0.450 - 4.500 01

Prolactin 12.0 ng/mL 4.0 - 15.2

Insulin-Like Growth Factor I 195 ng/mL 98 - 282 01

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JayLay777

I would definitely go on. 495 total t is way too low especially for you’re age. You also said that when you stopped you’re low t symptoms came back? If that’s the case I would definitely go back on especially if you don’t really care about fertility right now.

Gman86

If I were you, I would 100% go on TRT with your levels and symptoms.

But firstly, I would go on thyroid medication. What’s more obvious than your low free T, is your thyroid dysfunction. You have a low free T3, which would most likely cause hypothyroid symptoms in most people. Low thyroid symptoms mimic low testosterone symptoms. What’s even worse, is that you have a high reverse T3. You want that below 15. What it does is sits in the T3 receptors all over the body, and blocks actual T3 from getting in. So you already have a low amount of circulating free T3, but what’s even worse is that low amount can’t even bind to the receptors and give you any of the effects of T3. So on a cellular level, you are probably extremely hypothyroid.

So think about it in regards to testosterone. Imagine if something was blocking your testosterone receptors, and you already have a low testosterone level of 465. If your testosterone receptors are blocked, you’re going to feel the same as someone with a testosterone level of 50-100, or less. That’s basically what’s going on with your body currently, just in regards to thyroid. The thyroid is called the Master Gland for a reason. It’s even more important than testosterone.

I would say get your thyroid figured out first, and then see how you’re doing symptom wise. Then if you still have low testosterone levels, and are still symptomatic, I would go on TRT. You could of course go on both at the same time, but if I had a choice, I would personally do thyroid first, then address testosterone if needed.

Last edited:

kafahmy

If I were you, I would 100% go on TRT with your levels and symptoms.

But firstly, I would go on thyroid medication. What’s more obvious than your low free T, is your thyroid dysfunction. You have a low free T3, which would most likely cause hypothyroid symptoms in most people. Low thyroid symptoms mimic low testosterone symptoms. What’s even worse, is that you have a high reverse T3. You want that below 15. What it does is sits in the T3 receptors all over the body, and blocks actual T3 from getting in. So you already have a low amount of circulating free T3, but what’s even worse is that low amount can’t even bind to the receptors and give you any of the effects of T3. So on a cellular level, you are probably extremely hypothyroid.

So think about it in regards to testosterone. Imagine if something was blocking your testosterone receptors, and you already have a low testosterone level of 465. If your testosterone receptors are blocked, you’re going to feel the same as someone with a testosterone level of 50-100, or less. That’s basically what’s going on with your body currently, just in regards to thyroid. The thyroid is called the Master Gland for a reason. It’s even more important than testosterone.

I would say get your thyroid figured out first, and then see how you’re doing symptom wise. Then if you still have low testosterone levels, and are still symptomatic, I would go on TRT. You could of course go on both at the same time, but if I had a choice, I would personally do thyroid first, then address testosterone if needed.

oh wow, I had no clue my thyroid levels are this messed up, I was under the impression that as long as my TSH is below 2.5 I should be fine :/ Would any of the over the counter thyroid support supplement be worth trying ? thanks a lot man, this is a very usefull feedback..I do really appreciate it!

Gman86

oh wow, I had no clue my thyroid levels are this messed up, I was under the impression that as long as my TSH is below 2.5 I should be fine :/ Would any of the over the counter thyroid support supplement be worth trying ? thanks a lot man, this is a very usefull feedback..I do really appreciate it!

No I definitely wouldn’t recommend OTC products for thyroid optimization. And ya I didn’t realize a TSH above 2 was a problem either. I learned this recently. But even without knowing your TSH level, it’s very obvious that your thyroid needs attention. If you’re looking for some great content on thyroid, go to YouTube and type in either Dr. Westin Childs or Dr. Hotze. They both are amazing.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me