UPS, Hormone Creams and Freezing Weather

Buy Lab Tests Online

52hoosier

For the 2nd time, UPS screwed up the delivery of a package from Empower containing my wifes' hormone creams and my Anastrozole. They said they left it at my house but actually left it at the neighbor's across the street. It was left outside overnight in freezing weather and snow. My neighbor found it and brought it to us 24 hours after it was supposedly delivered to our house.

QUESTION: Did the freezing weather damage to creams? The service rep at Defy said it would have to be 72 hours to be harmed. Is she correct?

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

52hoosier

Seems you need to call Empower, right? I mean you called Defy...the time it takes to make a thread you call Empower, and then pass that along to us.

I did call Empower and spoke with a Pharmacist. She did not give me a clear answer. All I wanted to know was if the creams would be damaged by freezing. It was pretty much maybe, maybe not. I don't think it's a question they've had to answer before? I'll ask a local compounding pharmacy.

52hoosier

I agree with Vince Carter, call defy Medical.

I did. Called them first (see original post) :) The Rep said if it was frozen for 72 hours it would be damaged but I think it was a guess on their part. Like the Empower Pharmacist, I don't think it's a question they've been asked before. I have read that the topical gels come with labels to not freeze.

Vince

Super Moderator
I did. Called them first (see original post) :) The Rep said if it was frozen for 72 hours it would be damaged but I think it was a guess on their part. Like the Empower Pharmacist, I don't think it's a question they've been asked before. I have read that the topical gels come with labels to not freeze.
That really sucks, I guess you could try using them. I've never used gels. I've always injected.

S1W

I live in a state where it gets really cold in the winter. When I used to use compounding cream from a local compounder, I asked them about this.

The first response I got was from a guy who sounded young and not very confident - "Uhh, it might affect it. It probably wouldn't damage the testosterone but you might want to have the cream remixed"

Not confident in his response, I called again and talked to an older woman who sounded very confident. She said, "No problem at all. It is extremely stable. The cream is fine"

52hoosier

I live in a state where it gets really cold in the winter. When I used to use compounding cream from a local compounder, I asked them about this.

The first response I got was from a guy who sounded young and not very confident - "Uhh, it might affect it. It probably wouldn't damage the testosterone but you might want to have the cream remixed"

Not confident in his response, I called again and talked to an older woman who sounded very confident. She said, "No problem at all. It is extremely stable. The cream is fine"

Great! Thanks. I asked because IF it was damaged I was going to file a claim against UPS. They admitted that their GPS and satellite imaging showed that it was delivered to the wrong house and that they would be liable if the product had gone bad.

S1W

Great! Thanks. I asked because IF it was damaged I was going to file a claim against UPS. They admitted that their GPS and satellite imaging showed that it was delivered to the wrong house and that they would be liable if the product had gone bad.

Yeah man - I still don't know if I would take either response to be 100% factual, but the 2nd person I talked to who told me it was fine seemed pretty confident about it. If you do get a definitive word from Empower, it would be interesting to hear what they have to say about it.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Defy notes that testosterone won't be damaged but may crystalize in cold conditions. It can be "fixed" by putting the vial in hot water for five minutes. This solution may be less viable for creams.

For the 2nd time, UPS screwed up the delivery of a package from Empower containing my wifes' hormone creams and my Anastrozole. They said they left it at my house but actually left it at the neighbor's across the street. It was left outside overnight in freezing weather and snow. My neighbor found it and brought it to us 24 hours after it was supposedly delivered to our house.

QUESTION: Did the freezing weather damage to creams? The service rep at Defy said it would have to be 72 hours to be harmed. Is she correct?

Thanks!

This is Empower’s position as relayed to me:

The cream is pretty stable and should withstand freezing then thawing.
There is a slight possibility of separation, so have the patient look at the cream once thawed to see if there is any separation. It will sort of look like an oil emulsion.

He can also file a claim with the shipping company and contact Empower to replace his package (they will need the claim since its a controlled substance).

52hoosier

This is Empower’s position as relayed to me:

The cream is pretty stable and should withstand freezing then thawing.
There is a slight possibility of separation, so have the patient look at the cream once thawed to see if there is any separation. It will sort of look like an oil emulsion.

He can also file a claim with the shipping company and contact Empower to replace his package (they will need the claim since its a controlled substance).

Thank you, Dr. Saya.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching