Twice Weekly HCG Timing with TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Johnny Test

Hi Everyone,

I take two test Cypionate injections per week. 60mg each shot. Monday morning and Thursday morning. When in relation to these should I take HCG. I’ll be taking 500iu twice a week. My gut says it should be in the middle of these test shots as to not spike E2 too high. I’ve heard many take it the same day as their test shot though. I was planning on doing them (HCG) on Tuesday and Saturday. I don’t use an aromatase inhibitor so as much as I can keep E2 down naturally the better. Thank you in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Hi Everyone,

I take two test Cypionate injections per week. 60mg each shot. Monday morning and Thursday morning. When in relation to these should I take HCG. I’ll be taking 500iu twice a week. My gut says it should be in the middle of these test shots as to not spike E2 too high.
I don't have experience with hCG but if I were in your shoes I would also try taking the hCG in between the T shots. It does make sense. People probably take the T and hCG together for convenience sake, not because it is necessarily optimal.

T

tareload

I don't have experience with hCG but if I were in your shoes I would also try taking the hCG in between the T shots. It does make sense. People probably take the T and hCG together for convenience sake, not because it is necessarily optimal.
As your shots getting closer together the timing of hCG injection gets less important it seems to me. So a guy injecting weekly would inject the hCG a couple days before trough. A guy injecting every day...it mattereth little if the plan is 500 IU twice weekly.

@BigTex had a nice plot for a user doing shots every 7 to 10 days. Motivation is to minimize peaks of free T and ----> E2 if you are into that sort of thing.

After years of injections I won't lie. Convenience is nice.

Good luck OP.

Edit: here is the post.
Testosterone and HCG dosing schedule

T

tareload

Reminds me...many many years ago Dan Duchaine touted doing small shots of hCG every hour as part of restart plan (in one of the USHs). While physiologically realistic I prefer to do 4 weeks of hCG twice weekly then wait a while. I admit I have never tried 100 IU of hCG 12 times a day but pulsing LH analog does having some theoretical merit for HPTA restart. Sorry for ramble. Related to the idea of convenience.

For those that are resistant to simple restart protocols perhaps the pulsing protocol (nasal gel or hcg for 2nd hypo guys) may have legs?

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi Everyone,

I take two test Cypionate injections per week. 60mg each shot. Monday morning and Thursday morning. When in relation to these should I take HCG. I’ll be taking 500iu twice a week. My gut says it should be in the middle of these test shots as to not spike E2 too high. I’ve heard many take it the same day as their test shot though. I was planning on doing them (HCG) on Tuesday and Saturday. I don’t use an aromatase inhibitor so as much as I can keep E2 down naturally the better. Thank you in advance.
Inject the HCG the same time you inject your testosterone. It's so much simpler. It's the only way I've ever done it. I wouldn't even be concerned about your E2 levels.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
This is how I do it to maximize long term compliance and minimize needle fatigue:

BigTex

I have to admit Nelson, I have needle fatigue. After 42+ years of doing this stuff, I am literally sick of being a pin cushion. I even did pulsing of hGH and peptides for years, 3-4 times a day, 7 days a week. That being said, I got the wild idea to do cypionate/HCG every day. Thatt lasted a week. I couldn't remember from day to day if I had done my injection and honestly go sick of it quickly. So I am back to the 10 day thing. Less frequent, less to have to remember and LESS injections. I can put it on my calander and remind myself.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
There was a medication called Fuzeon that I had to inject twice per day to stay alive. That did it for me! I am hyper aware of needle fatigue. Very few men can inject repeatedly every week, specially knowing that researchers went through so much work to develop longer acting esters.

There is a craze right now for daily of frequent TRT injections. I keep my mouth shut. Only time will tell who will stay on these protocols for a long time. Heck, even diabetics can't keep up sometimes with their insulin injections.

We all have to balance long term quality of life and what protocols we can stay on in the long term. I have been on TRT for over 34 years and I have tried all sorts of protocols. Needle fatigue defeats long term adherence.

I even struggle sometimes with twice weekly hCG. I am glad I heard someone is working on a long acting version just like they did for FSH.

BigTex

Yea, I struggle with the HCG injections too. I have to put it on a calander. This means I do injections 3 days in a row. Gets very old. You have some years too Nelson and you understand. I know a lot of young guys doing deep IM injections every other day. They will get tired of that in time. In the week I did cypionate ever day, I honestly felt the same as doing it every 10 days. The only difference was the added stress of having to do daily injections and then wonder if I did it or not. If I had a calander remminder, I know I would quit paying attention to those every day. The least I have to inject, the best. I would evel love going back to testosterone undeconoat if I can get my doctor to write a script. I was going 750mg every 12 weeks. The only problem is the deep IM injections. Hack,, I remember now all of the insulin injections I did before and after training. Along with hGH and peptides.

Last edited:

Anonymon

I inject daily SubQ but I couldn’t see myself doing that IM. IM does seem to increase absorption of many things though. Some guys around here report higher T levels from IM, and with other compounds, I‘ve known people like a diabetic that accidentally injected his insulin IM over SubQ and had a seizure from insulin shock. I inject SubQ in the same area all the time and you only ever notice anything if you get bump, which I seem to get when I’m dehydrated.

You might think about 3 HCG shots if you want the benefits to cover you more often, but at 500 you’ll still be doing pretty well even if you did M F. I do 720 M W F. Used to do 100ish daily and tried everything in between. Dr Saya made a chart that suggests you need a critical mass of at least 250 for full effect, and my experience in trying more has been in line with that, even at the same dose but in fewer injections of higher amounts.

Tried dropping HCG this week and I feel like crap the longer it went on from my last injection. Did confirm it puts a little water on my face though as that went down without it.

BigTex

Yep, an IM injection of insulin can increase insulin absorption, causing hypoglycemia. Hopefully your diabetic friend always keep some dextrose tabs available.

I do the HCG just because it makes sense to do it, but honestly I have forgotten to do it on occasions and never noticed until the next time and then relized I forgot. Never felt any difference. I have even gone up from 500iu to 750 iu and felt no difference. I know guys who swear they never do HGH and feel fine. I will continue just because Dr. Crisler drummed it into my head for years.

I was also a hard head doing cycles I did nothing in the 4 weeks or so I cycled off steroids. I just quit cold turkey. As soon as I started feeling like crap (about 4-5 weeks) I started back up.

M.J

There was a medication called Fuzeon that I had to inject twice per day to stay alive. That did it for me! I am hyper aware of needle fatigue. Very few men can inject repeatedly every week, specially knowing that researchers went through so much work to develop longer acting esters.

There is a craze right now for daily of frequent TRT injections. I keep my mouth shut. Only time will tell who will stay on these protocols for a long time. Heck, even diabetics can't keep up sometimes with their insulin injections.

We all have to balance long term quality of life and what protocols we can stay on in the long term. I have been on TRT for over 34 years and I have tried all sorts of protocols. Needle fatigue defeats long term adherence.

I even struggle sometimes with twice weekly hCG. I am glad I heard someone is working on a long acting version just like they did for FSH.
Nelson I am using fsh EOD. I am not aware of a longer Easter. Where can we find that or under which name ?
I guess HCG you have to do EOD for fertility. Is There a way around it ?

Fortunate

I have been one of those guys doing daily HCG injections. Did it for years. But, just came to resent it so much and absolutely hated going down to the basement where it’s stored and injecting.

Among a few other reasons, it’s one of the reasons I stopped hCG altogether, because while I tolerate small injections, larger injections knocked me off kilter. So periodic larger injections aren’t really a great option for me either.

Phil Goodman

I do Mon./Wed./Fri. test injections and usually do HCG Tues./Thurs./Sat. I think it will generally depend on how sensitive you are to HCG. If you get the positives but don’t really notice any other effects then it won’t really matter. If you get headaches or any other negatives you msynhave to drop down the dose and increase frequency(though most people are perfectly fine with 500 ius at a time). As far as aromatization or testosterone peaks, I’m not sure there’s a good way to time it or that it matters. The increased aromatization occurs because you are bringing your balls back online, which is where around 20% of aromatization takes place. And once they’re back online it’s not like they shut down between shots, they will continue to operate consistently. Due to that aspect, I’m not sure how much the surge of HCG bumps up aromatization once you’ve reached your steady state. And I’ve never seen any charts that display the testosterone level surges with regards to HCG administration/timing.

I’ve kept my protocol where it is because ot has worked and for now I don’t want to change it. In the future that may be a possibility though if I do start to get needle fatigue. The subQ HCG is super easy though and doesn’t feel like an added burden at all, so for now I’ll stick with 3 times week on my days off from test injections.

TRT15+

Hi Everyone,

So I have been TRT for 10 years and i have never taken HCG...what is the benefit of HCG ?

Anonymon

So I have been TRT for 10 years and i have never taken HCG...what is the benefit of HCG ?
Fertility and keeping your balls healthy and sperm protection up. From there, potentially all kinds of mental and full body effects across all the hormonal cascades. For some guys, we feel a lot better on it. For others, they feel a lot worse. If you feel great without it and fertility or coming off TRT some day isn’t a concern, not a whole lot of reason to try it. And if you feel worse on it in that context, definitely stay away.

Personally, I think everyone should take at least a really tiny amount to keep their balls functioning.

JimGainz

My urologist recommended always doing it the day before but I got tired of injecting four days per week. I just do it the same day as the injection - often in the same syringe and have not had issues

Swilsondc

I inject Test cyp 44mg 2x/wk on Mon & Fri then HCG 2x/wk Sun & Thu 250ius each time. That’s all I take too. I’ve wondered if the days mattered I’m not sure if I have any E2 issues or not. I don’t think my labs normally check that. I also have done a lot more HCG at times up to 850 per shot but it got to be where my libido wasn’t very strong & then when I was out if HCG for a couple of weeks it went way up. So I started experimenting lowering my HCG. I’m not concerned with fertility at this point but general well being & having my balls feel normal. Lowering HCG seemed to fix my libido issues. Granted my balls were some fuller at a higher HCG level but it’s not a huge difference & having my libido up is definitely worth it to me.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me