True /false -Multi-dose 10ml vial expires after 28 days of puncturing??

Buy Lab Tests Online

pupdog

I had a bottle open for a year or so I forgot about I was tired and placed it someplace weird lol and still used it and still works lol :) I just alcohol everything and go on lol

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JimGainz

I only use 10 ML vials and at my dose it’s about 20 weeks of Testosterone. Never had issues at all - confirmed through blood tests.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Seems a point without any value.

Doesn't the USP manual derive it's recommendations from the testing the manufacture had done? It's basically just a cut and paste.
Regardless of whether the underlying research comes from industry, government or academia, the USP standard is federal law, which manufacturers and healthcare professionals presumably do not want to violate.

Prescription and over-the-counter medicines available in the United States must, by federal law, meet USP-NF public standards, where such standards exist.

Directly from the USP:
Multiple-Dose Container: (see 659) A multiple-unit container for articles or preparations intended for parenteral
administration only and usually containing antimicrobial preservatives. The beyond-use date (BUD) for an opened or entered (e.g., needle-punctured) multiple-dose container with antimicrobial preservatives is 28 days (see Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing 51), unless otherwise specified by the manufacturer.

I'm on same dose 90mg per week, but divided into 3 doses. I was using the 200mg/10ml bottles, but my apartment has south facing windows and it can get up to 80+ degrees during the day in the summer months. I had very strange labs showing my testosterone levels dropped from 700s to 400s toward the end of the bottle. For this reason I switched to 100mg/10ml bottles, and I bought a small 9 bottle wine refrigerator which I leave on the minimal setting which keeps my testosterone at a constant 65 degrees. I have not had an issue since. I honestly do not know if the issue was the temperatures, or the fact that the bottle was about 3 months old. Also that 100mg/10ml bottle only costs $25 with the free GoodRx coupon. https://www.goodrx.com/testosterone...el_override=testosterone+cypionate&quantity=1

DragonBits

I had a bottle open for a year or so I forgot about I was tired and placed it someplace weird lol and still used it and still works lol :) I just alcohol everything and go on lol

I assume you are talking about rubbing alcohol?

I would bet a whole lot of money the current percentage of alcohol is way way below 70%.

The bottle I had smelled like rubbing alcohol, felt the same, not sure how you tell tell how strong it is without using an actual hydrometer, about $8.50 on amazon.

Roughly, if you soak some tissue paper and light it, it should burn at first without burning the paper, like a wick. The old bottle the paper wouldn't catch fire at all, while the new bottle it burned like a wick.

I had the hydrometer for an unrelated purpose and just being curious, I used it to determine the rubbing alcohol I had for years was now only 5% alcohol, I confirmed that by measuring a new bottle of rubbing alcohol and that indicated 78% alcohol.

From reading, bleach works the same way, and as a former QA chemist, it seemed quite likely those two products should get less strong with age. I was a little surprised about how diluted it has gotten.

GreenMachineX

I've thought and posted about this before. I was eventually given a 10mL of 200mg/mL and I'm only using 8mg daily, so it's going to last months.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I've thought and posted about this before. I was eventually given a 10mL of 200mg/mL and I'm only using 8mg daily, so it's going to last months.
One approach is to divide the 10 mL vial into five vials of 2 mL each. That is, transfer 2 mL into each of four other sterile vials. If contamination is avoided in this step then each vial is almost like an unopened vial. In this example you're only using each vial for 50 days or less. I haven't tried the following to see if it's practical, but in transferring the contents of the original vial to other vials you might reduce the risk of contamination by using a separate 0.22 micron filter needle to equalize pressure as you draw the fluid. In this way you would avoid directly injecting room air into any vial.

GreenMachineX

One approach is to divide the 10 mL vial into five vials of 2 mL each. That is, transfer 2 mL into each of four other sterile vials. If contamination is avoided in this step then each vial is almost like an unopened vial. In this example you're only using each vial for 50 days or less. I haven't tried the following to see if it's practical, but in transferring the contents of the original vial to other vials you might reduce the risk of contamination by using a separate 0.22 micron filter needle to equalize pressure as you draw the fluid. In this way you would avoid directly injecting room air into any vial.
That's too much for me honestly. Would just using it for 60 days with sterile procedures be fine though?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
That's too much for me honestly. Would just using it for 60 days with sterile procedures be fine though?
Very likely, and it's something I would do without worrying too much. In the past I have used a single vial for many months, but now I would fret a little more about so many punctures of one stopper. Because I'm currently creating a TP/TE blend it's not much extra work to put the blend in a separate vial and limit the size to a month or so of use.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me