TRT has made me worse

Buy Lab Tests Online

nippy

Hi all. I'm a 50-year old man living in the UK. 5 years ago I started noticing that my libido was low. Doctors did blood tests and said that my testosterone was low but not long enough to start trt... After doing lots of research and and pestering my doctor he finally prescribed testosterone gel. This did nothing for me so then decided to start me on the nebido ever 12 weeks. After about 8 months my endo decided to stop all trt immediately as my freeT was too high and she said it was dangerous. So I went cold Turkey on her instructions.. ( pic 1 is results from 6 months cold turkey ) I went through hell and eventually decided to go private and go back on trt. The new doctor prescribed testosterone C . I was injecting every other day along with hCG and made me feel worse. The hCG gave me massive anxiety so I eventually stopped the hcg and continued with the testosterone.. malavida we're still 0 my new private doctor told me I was optimised but how can I have been optimised with no libido... I don't decided I will try the testosterone cream which I applied 200 mg split up into two doses every day. I did this for about 8 months . Still no libido my blood pressure started to increase and the doctor told me to stop using the cream.. I was then put onto testosterone P . Everyday injections that actually now looking back did give me some libido.. I change doctors and the new doctor put me on testosterone E. Who decided the first week should be 400 mg. Then 200 mg every week split X3 times . This is when my sleep problems started. I was waking up at 2 every morning and not getting back to sleep. I had blood work done and the doctor told me I was a hyper responder and reduced my testosterone E to 100mg a week . Again the sleep issues started so I decided to take my own advice and reduce the amount of test I was injecting to 0.10ml x 3 a week. Eventually after about 5 to 6 weeks my sleep became normal and I was sleeping all the way through. Rab door is now worse than ever no morning erections.. no desire for sex it's tearing me up....( Pic 2 is from May this year . A over view of the bloods ) . New bloods I'm waiting for will come through soon .. I've had my thyroid checked I've had my prolactin checked I've had my cortisol checked and everything is fine is there anybody out there I will come please give me some advice on how to boost the libido.. I'm actually thinking of stopping trt again and seeing if the body can reset the fsh and LH hormone.. I know it's going to be very hard on myself and my body and mind .. anyone help me please !!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210829_080457_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829_080457_com.android.chrome.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20210829_081721_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829_081721_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 79
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

You said daily injections gave you libido and sounds like it was working, puzzling why you didn't return to that protocol.

Reading your post suggests you're very sensitive to TRT and some guys lose libido if the dosage is too high.

Dosages that are excessive can cause sleep issues in some men as well.

A strong libido is much more then just about hormones, so many other parameters need to align.

A lack of sleep is a libido killer and can negatively affect erections. TRT can cause or worsen sleep apnea,

Stopping TRT doesn't sound like a good plan do to your previous experience and the fact by your own admission levels were already borderline low and am not sure what you're expecting by stopping treatment again.

Last edited:

Fortunate

Hi all. I'm a 50-year old man living in the UK. 5 years ago I started noticing that my libido was low. Doctors did blood tests and said that my testosterone was low but not long enough to start trt... After doing lots of research and and pestering my doctor he finally prescribed testosterone gel. This did nothing for me so then decided to start me on the nebido ever 12 weeks. After about 8 months my endo decided to stop all trt immediately as my freeT was too high and she said it was dangerous. So I went cold Turkey on her instructions.. ( pic 1 is results from 6 months cold turkey ) I went through hell and eventually decided to go private and go back on trt. The new doctor prescribed testosterone C . I was injecting every other day along with hCG and made me feel worse. The hCG gave me massive anxiety so I eventually stopped the hcg and continued with the testosterone.. malavida we're still 0 my new private doctor told me I was optimised but how can I have been optimised with no libido... I don't decided I will try the testosterone cream which I applied 200 mg split up into two doses every day. I did this for about 8 months . Still no libido my blood pressure started to increase and the doctor told me to stop using the cream.. I was then put onto testosterone P . Everyday injections that actually now looking back did give me some libido.. I change doctors and the new doctor put me on testosterone E. Who decided the first week should be 400 mg. Then 200 mg every week split X3 times . This is when my sleep problems started. I was waking up at 2 every morning and not getting back to sleep. I had blood work done and the doctor told me I was a hyper responder and reduced my testosterone E to 100mg a week . Again the sleep issues started so I decided to take my own advice and reduce the amount of test I was injecting to 0.10ml x 3 a week. Eventually after about 5 to 6 weeks my sleep became normal and I was sleeping all the way through. Rab door is now worse than ever no morning erections.. no desire for sex it's tearing me up....( Pic 2 is from May this year . A over view of the bloods ) . New bloods I'm waiting for will come through soon .. I've had my thyroid checked I've had my prolactin checked I've had my cortisol checked and everything is fine is there anybody out there I will come please give me some advice on how to boost the libido.. I'm actually thinking of stopping trt again and seeing if the body can reset the fsh and LH hormone.. I know it's going to be very hard on myself and my body and mind .. anyone help me please !!!
Is libido your only low T symptom? Are there any other symptoms you are trying to correct?

nippy

Yeah mate . The thing is I've had it all checked. Bloods after bloods . High free t low low E2 . I've tried it all . E2 tablets to bring the ratio up and still no libido. As stated high test level of 400 mg have me libido but it caused too many other issues

nippy

Is libido your only low T symptom? Are there any other symptoms you are trying to correct?
Nope just libido ... I thought it might be pssd. I was antidepressants but looking back I had better sex before the trt while on antidepressants.. yeah I couldn't orgasm much but at least I had desire . Alot more . I'm wondering since trt shuts down the lh hormone may be this is what's causing the low libido.

Fortunate

If it's libido alone, you might consider getting off TRT. The side effects may not be worth the small upside.

On the other hand, if you are convinced you want to continue to explore TRT, but the side effects are not tolerable, you should consider trying Natesto. It's a nasal gel. I have been on it for years. Every time I try a different form of TRT, I realize I simply can't tolerate the side effects (creams, various forms of injections, etc).

Caveat: I am not sure how Natesto has affected my libido. Hard to tell. That said, I couple it with hCG and in general, I would say libido is sufficient. Not off the charts. If it were, my wife probably wouldn't appreciate it ;)!

madman

Super Moderator
If it's libido alone, you might consider getting off TRT. The side effects may not be worth the small upside.

On the other hand, if you are convinced you want to continue to explore TRT, but the side effects are not tolerable, you should consider trying Natesto. It's a nasal gel. I have been on it for years. Every time I try a different form of TRT, I realize I simply can't tolerate the side effects (creams, various forms of injections, etc).

Caveat: I am not sure how Natesto has affected my libido. Hard to tell. That said, I couple it with hCG and in general, I would say libido is sufficient. Not off the charts. If it were, my wife probably wouldn't appreciate it ;)!

Natesto should have a minimal impact on the shutdown of the HPG axis let alone minimize any negative impact on fertility/testicular atrophy.

Due to its short-lived peaks/long trough times when dosed (2-3X daily).

As I have stated numerous times on the forum:

The use of exogenous T whether pellets, oral, patch, buccal, transdermal (gel/cream), injectable, will result in suppression of the HPG axis.

Low dosed T patch (5 mg/daily) and Natesto would be considered the least suppressive.

* All formulations, with the exception of the short-acting ones, have a target of long-term maintenance of SUSTAINED STEADY-STATE TESTOSTERONE LEVELS IN THE MID-NORMAL RANGE, which leads to suppression of the endogenous activity of the HPG axis

The main purpose of adding hCG to trt is to preserve/maintain fertility and prevent/minimize testicular atrophy.

The use of exogenous testosterone results in the suppression of ITT (intra-testicular testosterone) which is critical for sperm production.

The main goal when using hCG is to restore physiological ITT levels and in order to achieve such a minimum effective dose would be needed (125-500IU) and 250-500IU would seem to be the sweet spot.

Anything less will have a minimal impact on increasing ITT!

Other than one experiencing possible side effects from such doses (250-500IU) using anything <125IU will have a minimal impact on increasing ITT.

Fortunate

Natesto should have a minimal impact on the shutdown of the HPG axis let alone minimize any negative impact on fertility/testicular atrophy.

Due to its short-lived peaks/long trough times when dosed (2-3X daily).

As I have stated numerous times on the forum:

The use of exogenous T whether pellets, oral, patch, buccal, transdermal (gel/cream), injectable, will result in suppression of the HPG axis.

Low dosed T patch (5 mg/daily) and Natesto would be considered the least suppressive.

* All formulations, with the exception of the short-acting ones, have a target of long-term maintenance of SUSTAINED STEADY-STATE TESTOSTERONE LEVELS IN THE MID-NORMAL RANGE, which leads to suppression of the endogenous activity of the HPG axis

The main purpose of adding hCG to trt is to preserve/maintain fertility and prevent/minimize testicular atrophy.

The use of exogenous testosterone results in the suppression of ITT (intra-testicular testosterone) which is critical for sperm production.

The main goal when using hCG is to restore physiological ITT levels and in order to achieve such a minimum effective dose would be needed (125-500IU) and 250-500IU would seem to be the sweet spot.

Anything less will have a minimal impact on increasing ITT!

Other than one experiencing possible side effects from such doses (250-500IU) using anything <125IU will have a minimal impact on increasing ITT.
@madman, are the hCG doses you reference weekly?

Dr. Crisler recommended low dose daily to me years ago (100IU). I have been on it since. I have been on up to 150IU daily, but generally settled at 100.

When I did larger, more periodic doses, I had more side effects.

Anonymon

I was on 100iu’s of HCG daily for years, having tried 140 too. The most I got out of HCG was breaking the 250 mark though. Now I’m doing 700iu’s ish 3x a week, having gotten something out of 350 too.

Dr. Silva has a white paperish thing floating around here on it. Nelson’s a firm believer of needing to hit a critical threshold with HCG too. According to Silva’s work, at that level it stays peaked the day after, so you wouldn’t need it daily. What side effects did you get?

madman

Super Moderator
@madman, are the hCG doses you reference weekly?

Dr. Crisler recommended low dose daily to me years ago (100IU). I have been on it since. I have been on up to 150IU daily, but generally settled at 100.

When I did larger, more periodic doses, I had more side effects.

Yes, that would be 250-500IU (2-3X/week).

post #37

Fortunate

I was on 100iu’s of HCG daily for years, having tried 140 too. The most I got out of HCG was breaking the 250 mark though. Now I’m doing 700iu’s ish 3x a week, having gotten something out of 350 too.

Dr. Silva has a white paperish thing floating around here on it. Nelson’s a firm believer of needing to hit a critical threshold with HCG too. According to Silva’s work, at that level it stays peaked the day after, so you wouldn’t need it daily. What side effects did you get?
Headache. Worsening acne.

JimGainz

Ok - so your doctors were giving you horrible advice. There is no reason to stop TRT cold turkey because Free T is too high. That doctor is a moron. Also, starting someone on T at 400mg per week with descending doses is equally moronic.

It looks as something as simple as you need to lower your dose to get Free T and total to upper range of normal. I would keep the same injection frequency but just lower 20 percent starting on your next scheduled shot and go from there.

Testosterone needs to be adjusted to the patient - at the minimum effective dose. Your problem was that you had crap medical professionals jacking up your Testosterone- then pulling you off - then on at too high an amount - it’s too much for your body.

just lower your dose without any AI or HCG and assess again in 6 weeks based on labs and how you feel.

nippy

Ok - so your doctors were giving you horrible advice. There is no reason to stop TRT cold turkey because Free T is too high. That doctor is a moron. Also, starting someone on T at 400mg per week with descending doses is equally moronic.

It looks as something as simple as you need to lower your dose to get Free T and total to upper range of normal. I would keep the same injection frequency but just lower 20 percent starting on your next scheduled shot and go from there.

Testosterone needs to be adjusted to the patient - at the minimum effective dose. Your problem was that you had crap medical professionals jacking up your Testosterone- then pulling you off - then on at too high an amount - it’s too much for your body.

just lower your dose without any AI or HCG and assess again in 6 weeks based on labs and how you feel.
Thanks for the reply .. I've done this. For the last 6-8 weeks I've reduced the amount to 0.10ml x 3 . It seems if u go above this the insomnia kicks it . Still moody and snappy with no emotions and no libido. Waiting for my blood results which I will posts asap ..can't think of anything thing else to do to get sexual desire

JimGainz

Have you had DHT checked? This is a major part of the libido equation. I know guys who are on TRT and need to add a bit of Androgel or a cream in the mix as these are DHT-based and they are good to go. I have a feeling that would help. You will need a very experienced doctor to even prescribe two forms of testosterone should that be the case. Go with a Defy consultation.

For sleep, another major part of insomnia is a cortisol spike at night. Taking low dose DHEA supplement (I take 15mg Life Extension capsules you can get on Amazon) and it really helps. Other recommendations would be melatonin (5mg) plus some Magnesium Glycinate (mg helps you relax and this form does not cause any stomach issues at all).

nippy

Thanks . I had my dht checked a while back and it was in the middle of the range ..I used to be on cream. 200 mg split twice a day ... Just shot my free t higher . I use magnesium g before bed .. I'll look at dhea.. that may help I was told off a guy to try pregnenolone cream..

Ruby3004

Hi there my experience with yet not much different than yours, how are you feeling nowadays?

nippy

Hi there my experience with yet not much different than yours, how are you feeling nowadays?
Same. Got bloods ans shgb back up. I have upped the amount to 200 mg a week and then dropped it to only 2 injections a week... Only second week. How's u?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me