TRT doesn't work. According to this woman

Buy Lab Tests Online
Researchers say there are no benefits of testosterone treatments for men

Old article I know, but I find it interesting that this information is out there. Of course I've read plenty of studies that discuss apparent libido, bone density, fat reduction benefits, etc, etc. And unless it's placebo, it's delivering for me.

But it does make you pause to wonder when a mainstream media outlet basically labels TRT as snake oil. After 5 seconds of thinking on it of course it's realised that it's horribly biased and imbalanced bunk to claim zero benefits.
But why is it there? The moral question again? Call me cynical but I've noticed a decent proportion of naysayers to be women.

Having said that my own (male) doc pronounced to me that because my free T is over his 'ideal' maximum of 18ng/dl, it was no longer TRT but anabolic steroids. He has directed me to decrease my 100mg/week dose accordingly, but I feel great at 20 ng/dl. He didn't point to any actual problems from my lipids, psa, hematacrit or other blood values.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

fifty

Idk. It’s rare that the medical community will down talk a moneymaker drug. Do they really have some secret motive to kill it?

Low T centers love it because they can charge you $150 for a $20 bottle of test.

Yes that's true. Does it cut into other drug markets if they solve some of the problems cheaply with T? I would say clearly yes.

Thinking about it further, what proportion of TRT patients are on 4-10 week injection cycles, or worse, pellets? If that's a high number I can believe it's not working well for people.

Systemlord

But it does make you pause to wonder when a mainstream media outlet basically labels TRT as snake oil.

The researchers deliberately included in their review many low-quality studies that found a benefit from testosterone treatments.

Having said that my own (male) doc pronounced to me that because my free T is over his 'ideal' maximum of 18ng/dl, it was no longer TRT but anabolic steroids. He has directed me to decrease my 100mg/week dose accordingly, but I feel great at 20 ng/dl. He didn't point to any actual problems from my lipids, psa, hematacrit or other blood values.

If you are showing benefit, then there is no reason to be worried about slightly high levels, especially if your biomarkers look good. I swear there is so much stigmata around steroids that it's got doctors scared.

I'm going to assume you are drawing levels at trough.

In any case you need a new doctor.

Last edited:
If you are showing benefit, then there is no reason to be worried about slightly high levels, especially if your biomarkers look good. I swear there is so much stigmata around steroids that it's got doctors scared.

I do my shots every 4 days, and the test was drawn the day after the shot, so no it wasn't even at trough, so I guess that makes it further questionable what he said. I get a different doc each consultation with my TRT provider. To be fair, he was otherwise very good. Luckily I can control exactly what I want to take because they send out much more than you need. I do not plan to decrease my dose just yet.

In the UK this is the best you can get, because you can forget TRT on the NHS, and fully private costs many times more than the online providers. I think the one I have is the best one, so I'll stick around

Some people are fucking morons. Don’t overthink it.

Now, the fact your dr is one is an actual problem...

There is your problem, your doctor has you doing bloods as your levels are rising and levels hadn't even peaked yet, you're supposed to do labs at trough.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the US, many people manage to get TRT on their insurance, and are able to choose the provider? That would be so great, but sadly it's not the same here.

Limited choices here in the UK. State medicine, our NHS, is a no go - you'd need ridiculously low T, but treatment would be free. Private clinics are much more expensive than the online guys. £300 for initial consultation, £300-£450 for each test, £150 for follow up consultations, £300 per months upwards for the meds. About 5 times more than I pay, and there is no insurance policy I'm aware of that would cover it.

We've only got a couple online of providers, I think they're both pretty equivalent. You pay about £100 per month all in, and they do try to look after you, but you only get a few 15 minute slots with doc over the phone.

Doc should have taken into account the time of the last shot I agree. But actually I'm just grateful the providers are out there offering an affordable route.

I don't think I'm overthinking it, there is just not much room to do anything different. The NHS is good at keeping you alive, but healthcare options may be better in the US.

Systemlord

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the US, many people manage to get TRT on their insurance, and are able to choose the provider?

It depends, I can change providers at any time if I'm unhappy with my current provider.

What I did was get my TRT through insurance and use private clinic for advice on protocols and anything else I need alongside TRT. If you doctor want to stay out of trouble, he should be checking levels at trough, he is in fact making it harder on himself.

If your doctor had waited a couple of days levels would have been lower and everything would have been hunky-dory.

Last edited:

The irony of all this is that they are willing to dish out steroids for everything else. Different drugs, but still.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me