TRT and working out. Benefits start at what point if any?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Westin

Hi All,

I have been on TC 50mg X 2 weekly and 375 HCG 3 X weekly. Just got the ok to go to 60mg X 2 weekly. TT 759 (Labcorp). I'm sure TT will go up a bit. I'm 58 years old.

I currently don't workout, never did, but am thinking about starting at a gym. Is this enough of a test dosage and blood level to make building up any easier, or am I just at a normal level? At what point with test does it make it easy to build up?

Thanks much

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi All,

I have been on TC 50mg X 2 weekly and 375 HCG 3 X weekly. Just got the ok to go to 60mg X 2 weekly. TT 759 (Labcorp). I'm sure TT will go up a bit. I'm 58 years old.

I currently don't workout, never did, but am thinking about starting at a gym. Is this enough of a test dosage and blood level to make building up any easier, or am I just at a normal level? At what point with test does it make it easy to build up?

Thanks much
I believe testosterone levels of over 500. Will show improvement in muscle development. So I definitely would start working out, if you want to build muscle, or get healthier.

fifty

What does 99th percentile mean? That's good?
You are far above a normal level at 120mg per week. If you don’t work out on trt then you’re missing most of the benefits in my opinion.

The rise in testosterone will make building strength and muscle easier. Why do you think it’s banned in pretty much every sports federation :). The rise in hematocrit or rbc from trt will also increase endurance.

Last edited:

TorontoTRT

Muscle building is tricky hormone wise. Even before trt with levels of 360 and 42 years old I was packing on lots of muscles and pretty huge pumps. Supplements like protein and pre workouts helped.

ERO

Muscle building is more genetic than most folks realize or admit so you may or may not build muscle better on TRT. Some guys respond very well others it's no different. Remember it's a TRT dose as well, not bodybuilding cycle.

TorontoTRT

I saw a great study which I can’t find now, but it showed that testosterone levels didn’t matter as much as number androgen receptors in the body. Guys with lower testosterone, but more and denser andrigen receptors, built more muscle then guys with higher testosterone but less androgen receptors. Increase your androgen receptors and then add trt you’ll get huge.

slicktop

What does 99th percentile mean? That's good?
Statistically, it means that 99% of men your age would have a testosterone level lower than you. That's not a bad thing and it's not anything that should scare you away. But to your question about working out- honestly, you should be anyway, regardless of whether you're doing TRT or not. Weight training has a bevy of anti-aging benefits- increased bone density, increased growth hormone, quicker healing, better neurological health, the list goes on and on. TRT, when applied appropriately, just amplifies them.

buckeye22

Hi All,

Thanks much
It takes a couple months to really notice any changes as it has to build up and stabilize in your body. It doesn’t matter if you are at a higher dose or lower dose you just have to find the dose that’s appropriate for you since everyone reacts differently. That’s the hard part. In order to optimize the benefits of replacement therapy you should be working out and exercising a few times per week. TRT is a marathon not a sprint!!! I would highly recommend getting a trainer to start out since most people workout incorrectly anyway. And proper nutrition is essential.

JohnTaylorHK

Hi All,

Thanks much
Hi Westin, I would definitely recommend a solid gym program, gentle at first to avoid injury and increase your confidence. First-time gymmers that stay the course often have good gains and better gains than someone who "used to work out". TRT is mooted to give you better endurance and recovery. It will still take time to notice good gains, but you should notice an increased feeling of well-being almost immediately with the correct guidance. Diet, at least for me, remains the most important aspect. If it has more than one ingredient, or any additives I don't eat it, home-made bread being the exception. I would advise (as per Joe Manganiello) "Cardio, Cardio, Cardio" and recommend technical boxing sparring several times a week if you can handle it (but not full contact at our age group). Best of luck. Namaste.

XXY47

I have been on TRT since 1994 and frankly having tried to build muscle and working out many times I just never achieved any muscle growth. In 2018 I secured a personal trainer and he did a muscle evaluation, body fat and food planning. And my food was right, correct proportions to net lower body fat, fat never came off even with 3 days a week training and 3 days a week cardo, with low stress and good sleep. But as well no muscle mass either. Only when my Androgel stopped working and I went over to injections did I see marginal increase but nothing spectacular. So I talked with other XXY guys and they too saw no increase in muscle other than a trainer out of New Zealand who said his Doctor felt that he would never make any muscle unless his testosterone was higher than the normal range. Only then did he see growth. So this fellow has a testosterone at 1250 ng/dl and he has been able to get his body fat percentage down and build muscle. Here is his website: www.jamesnimmo.com

I would really like to build some muscle and get this fat off me. I was on the Bernstein Diet for a couple years and it was apparent I could become lean again, but at the cost of burning off my muscle.

ERO

The ability to add muscle is more genetic than most admit. Your results sound exactly like mine as I cannot add any muscle either and overall my recovery from exercise is very poor, exactly like it was when I had "low T." Adding TRT has been no help whatsoever in regard to recovering from exercise of adding any muscle at all. And yes, I know how to calculate my macros. Everyone's results are different. At the other end of the scale, I know a guy that went on TRT and got completely jacked on 150 mg a week. Guys like us and guys that get jacked on TRT are outliers on the response bell curve.

TorontoTRT

ECA stack for immediate fat loss and muscle sparing. Ephedrine works every time. If you’re healthy it’s worth looking into. It’s also dirt cheap. Here in Canada it’s legal and you can buy it at any supplement store.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me