TRT and a Hairy situation

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rickdiesel

Hi,

Sorry for the length in advance, but for me to ask for advise and help, I have to give details and some history. -I started TRT 4 years ago. I was 26, and am now 30. I played sports when younger, and people would always check my thyroid, which always comes back fine. However, through playing sports I suffered 4 concussions, 11 fractures, and had abdominal surgery- that was by age 20 lol. I was all natural, and modeled. The only thing I touched was Andro( when it was sitting on shelves next to ensures- no j/k ), and androderm( now called androgel ) for a few months. So how my Test got low? No one knows, so it wasn't primary. I was just dx with " Severe Hypogonadism" by 26. I just told the doc about my s#x life, and how I wanted to focus on quality of life. So he ran blood work- albeit drawn not in the morning, and the test came back 131, and 208 for Test Total. Then went on TRT. Otherwise known as Test cyp. I was on 200mg injections once a month, I abruptly stopped that and seen a uro who put me on 200mg EOW. I would have to go into his office, wait sometimes 45 mins EOW, on his only time available slots, and get injected, just to drive 25 more mins home. After 3 years of that, I got tired of it....found a D.O who would have me do injections- ONLY IF I CAME TO OFFICE- OR had a nurse come out. I said...a nurse come out, sure....beats the drives!!!------So my new dose was 100mg every week. That increased to 150mg every week.

This is where I need someone's help........I noticed 3 months ago when the nurse came to inject, they had a different brand, " West Ward ", instead of the Watson Brand. I mention this for a reason, 3 months ago I started to notice abnormal hair growth. Shoulders and upper chest. Then, triceps. As of now, also starting to generate on Biceps- I had no hair in those areas previous to that. The only thing I thought of was the brand change---but wtf! After 4 years on TRT, 9 months at 150mg, the last 3 months? I am looking at laser hair removal now....This is not a wanted side- at all. I also noticed I was getting acne in abnormal places. I know it sounds strange, but the timeline is with the brand change. I don't get it. I did do some labs..and I was super physiological. Being I spiked above 1500...Blood drawn at 1030 in morning. I noticed strength decrease, but the guy downstairs was breaking records in length during this time. Also to note, I cut 20lbs in 16 weeks( I was trying ). Also, my E2 levels have always been above normal in the last 4 years in about 50% of labs. I am so distrout by this hair growth!!!!!- I mean I went from looking 25 at 30...to 40 in 3 months with my shirt off. I noticed grey coming in more rapid as well. So now, all i can do and I have no clue if I am doing the right thing is get my DHT checked- never has been. I requested my doc to send in a script...I am just nervous to inject this West Ward shet into my body again, for the lab test. Also note, I started doing my own injects a month ago- I do them in the quad, wereas before they were injecting in the glute. Don't know if that makes a difference However....after 4 years of TRT. What is going on? I mean I know the sides can be acne, SOME abnormal hair growth- but I don't want to be an ape or neanderthal. No one really told me this 4 years ago. Tbh, after all my injuries and surgery I was down to 132lbs, with trt- good diet and back in the gym I was up to 207lbs in 3 years. 200mg EOW. My bench went from a measly 95lbs to 245 for reps- understand guys I lost a ton of weight- at 19 I was considered a freak, I had no neck and ran an easy mile in 6 mins with a lot of muscle....I lost over 70lbs of muscle during surgery and no gym for 4 years. So for me 50% of trt was to gain weight, and the other to have optimal T levels and better s#x life- I was a one minute man..., but on T I would ...lets just say the girls never complained. That is all ramble....what is going on? Most sides show up in the beginning or first year...note what I previous wrote.

My Last Labs at Troph( 6-7 days post injection ): Also do note- all my labs in 4 years..my RBCS were good, hemoglobin fine..so my body adheres to test well, besides my E2. I check all these myself bc most just care about Test total..I make sure my RBCS are good, never was over, even though my test was...

Bioavailable Test w/O SHBG- 818- Normal

Bioavailable Test( Free Test I presume ): 582- High

IGF-1 214- Normal

Cortisol A.M- 7.9- Normal

LH- 0.1- Low
FSH- 0.2- Low

Estradiol- 69.5- High

Thanks

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
My hair is growing albeit not necesarily on my head but body hair growth for me is up just a bit and yes, some acne on my back but mainly traps and delts area. I missed what your total T was, you stated 1500 or more which if that's a trough number is FAR too high. and that's some of what you're experiencing, the very high T (and Free T) numbers.
HRT isn't without it's side effects I trim my body hair every 1-2 weeks and be more diligent about cleaning my acne prone spots.

I'd think about cutting down your T dosing maybe 5mg/week and get more frequent testing. Also recommend the sensitive Estradiol test that is more suitable for men. With that test your E2 isn't likely to be bumping 70. The standard test is set for women and won't give an accurate result for males.

Re-Ride

What is your question? Join a "bear" club or buy one of those special razors approved for TRT stimulated hair growth. Don't like the Westward Ho brand? Take your script elsewhere.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have become quite hairy (my dad and grand dad were hairy also). I trim my back with a cordless trimmer and that is about it. My barber takes care of extra hair on my eyebrows and ears every two weeks.
I have never seen data that differentiates the hair follicles on top of our head with those on the side and all over our bodies. There must be different receptors that are more susceptible to DHT.

.....be glad you are not thinning on the crown of your head!!!!!!!

I grew some weird hairs too on my back and shoulders. No biggie, just pull them out.

I think your issue is too much Testosterone.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me