TRT alleviating depression?

Buy Lab Tests Online

tropicaldaze1950

Has anyone experienced relief or reversal of depression, irrespective of dose or type of TRT? Yes, I have untreatable bipolar. For years, now, my primary symptom is depression and anhedonia. Those two are linked but not necessarily the flip side of one or the other, at least as I seem to understand. Wellbutrin makes me hyper. Caberogline, the same. In fact anything that boosts dopamine produces a negative response, which includes ascorbic acid and vitamin D, but I take both, daily. Need another thyroid panel. Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

This is not vitamin C,

Vitamin C

Biosynthesis, recycling and degradation in mammals

Vitamin C (or l-ascorbic acid; hereafter, ‘ascorbic acid’ and ‘ascorbate’ will always refer to ‘l-ascorbic acid’ and ‘l-ascorbate’) is unique among vitamins for several reasons. It is present in various foods, particularly of plant origin, in quantities (typically 10–100 mg/100 g [[1]]) that are several orders of magnitude higher than those of other vitamins. This is certainly related to the facts that it is formed from sugars, which are abundant compounds, and that its biochemical synthesis is rather simple. Another unique aspect of ascorbic acid is that it is a vitamin for only a few vertebrate species, those which have lost the capacity to synthesize it. From a structural point of view, it is also one of the rare compounds containing a hydroxyl group that is so acidic as to be completely dissociated at neutral pH (carbon-3 hydroxyl pKa = 4.2). This is related to the fact that ascorbic acid comprises two conjugated double bonds and that a resonance form can be written for the deprotonated monoanionic form (Fig. 1). Resonance forms can also be written for the form of vitamin C that has lost one electron (Fig. 1), making the radical semidehydroascorbate (SDA) much more stable, and thus much less reactive, than most other free radicals [[2]]. Vitamin C is therefore able to play the role of a free-radical scavenger [[3]], reacting with highly ‘aggressive’ (oxidizing) species to replace them by a much less reactive and, moreover, enzymatically recyclable one, SDA. Ascorbate is certainly the most abundant water-soluble compound acting in one-electron reactions, and this is most probably why it plays the role of a cofactor in reactions catalyzed by a number of metal-dependent oxygenases. The Cu+-dependent monooxygenases peptidylglycine α-amidating monooxygenase and dopamine β-hydroxylase convert two ascorbate molecules to two SDAs per catalytic cycle [[4]]. In the case of Fe2+/α-ketoglutarate-dependent dioxygenases (e.g. collagen prolyl and lysyl hydroxylases, the two hydroxylases involved in carnitine biosynthesis [[5]], the asparaginyl hydroxylase that modifies hypoxia-inducible factor 1 (HIF-1) [[6]]), ascorbate most probably serves to reconvert inactive, Fe3+-containing enzyme (which results from abortive catalytic cycles) to the active, Fe2+-containing form [[5]]. Because of these important roles, it is not surprising that vitamin C deficiency leads to a debilitating disorder, scurvy, in man and in animals unable to synthesize the vitamin.

1658154240771.png

1658154280832.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DFL

Has anyone experienced relief or reversal of depression, irrespective of dose or type of TRT? Yes, I have untreatable bipolar. For years, now, my primary symptom is depression and anhedonia. Those two are linked but not necessarily the flip side of one or the other, at least as I seem to understand. Wellbutrin makes me hyper. Caberogline, the same. In fact anything that boosts dopamine produces a negative response, which includes ascorbic acid and vitamin D, but I take both, daily. Need another thyroid panel. Thanks.
I did not experience a reversal from TRT, but perhaps some minor level of relief.

When I first took Bupropion is ramped up my anxiety, so I quit. But I tried is again a year later and found that .5mg Ativan taken with it alleviates much of that problem. That, and TMS therapy, have put me in a much better place. I highly recommend trying TMS, it was amazing for me. Good luck.

tropicaldaze1950

Same. TMS was helpful. TRT didn't relieve depression, but it did reduce irritability for me.
I had reduced my injection from 100 mg to 50 mg. Whether the sudden drop was the cause or I actually do better on 100 mg, when I went back to 100, the anxiety, depression and irritability substantially declined. Now, added thyroid at night; 80 mcg T3/80 mcg T4. Previously was taking only 80 mcg of T4. It improved sleep but I always had low grade depression or dysthymia. Adding the matching dose of T3, for the past two nights, sleep is deep and restorative. Sleep 7 hours and wake ready for the day and not depressed.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me