Trough for once weekly vs twice weekly

Buy Lab Tests Online
My Dr wants me injecting 100mg once weekly and blood taken at trough the day before injecting. I have been splitting it up to 50mg e3.5d. what kind of difference would be expected in the blood work between those two schedules. If I inject Monday am and Thursday am then draw Sunday will the numbers be sky high compared to injectibg Monday and blood draw on Sunday?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

True trough is captured the day of your injection, prior to the shot. If you inject on a Monday, have your blood pulled that morning, before you inject. Delaying the morning injection by an hour or so for these purposes isn't an issue.

What prompts your protocol change?

I just started i was on gel for a month then switch to injections 2 weeks ago. I just want to make sure my blood test wont come back super high and he thinks that my dose needs to go down. I may just tell him I'm splitting it or I might just do it his way that week I do the blood. Not sure yet. We have had limited discussion about everything but I feel like he may be limited on his knowledge om the subject as he told me many guys are good every 10-14 days and that trt doesnt shut down my fertility or natural production.

CoastWatcher

I just started i was on gel for a month then switch to injections 2 weeks ago. I just want to make sure my blood test wont come back super high and he thinks that my dose needs to go down. I may just tell him I'm splitting it or I might just do it his way that week I do the blood. Not sure yet. We have had limited discussion about everything but I feel like he may be limited on his knowledge om the subject as he told me many guys are good every 10-14 days and that trt doesnt shut down my fertility or natural production.
You are consulting a doctor with, shall we say, limited understanding, of how to manage a patient on an androgen regimen.

While it's true that testing a patient on a topical can be undertaken at an earlier point in time, there is reason to believe your drum has yet to settle if you've only been on injections for two weeks. The standard protocol for patients on injections is to wait four to six weeks following any protocol change. Two weeks on injections and he's testing? And he doesn't understand the basics of negative feedback and suppression of your own natural production?

I would say you deserve better care.

madman

Super Moderator
My Dr wants me injecting 100mg once weekly and blood taken at trough the day before injecting. I have been splitting it up to 50mg e3.5d. what kind of difference would be expected in the blood work between those two schedules. If I inject Monday am and Thursday am then draw Sunday will the numbers be sky high compared to injectibg Monday and blood draw on Sunday?

As Coast stated if you were injecting 100 mg once weekly on Monday morning than your trough would be the following Monday am just before your injection.

You have chosen to split up your injection into 50 mg every 3.5 days (100 mg/week) so if you are injecting 50 mg Monday morning than your next 50 mg injection should be Thursday evening and your trough would be done the following Monday morning before your injection.

I inject twice weekly 75 mg every 3.5 days or 84 hrs so my injections are Tuesday morning at 8 am and Friday evening at 8 pm and when I have blood work done I will test my trough on Tuesday morning before my 8 am injection.

If you are going to inject twice weekly than instead of injecting Monday am and Thursday am which would be 72 hrs between the Mon--->Thurs injection and 96 hrs between the Thurs--->Mon it would be more sensible to do Monday am Thursday pm so it would be 84 hrs between your twice weekly injections instead of 72 hrs and 96 hrs.

On the original protocol of 100mg once weekly your peak--->trough will be more drastic compared to injecting half the dose twice weekly.

Injecting larger doses of T once weekly will result in higher peak levels only to be followed by a much lower trough 7 days post injection and ones SHBG levels play a strong role.

Dose of T/injection frequency and SHBG levels will impact ones peak/trough.

Hope your doctor understands when one starts trt your hormones will be in flux until levels stabilize at 6 weeks.....only than should blood work be done.

madman

Super Moderator

All red flags definitely time to find a new doctor and the fact that you stated "he told me many guys are good every 10-14 days and that trt doesnt shut down my fertility or natural production".....says it all and than some!

You are consulting a doctor with, shall we say, limited understanding, of how to manage a patient on an androgen regimen.

While it's true that testing a patient on a topical can be undertaken at an earlier point in time, there is reason to believe your drum has yet to settle if you've only been on injections for two weeks. The standard protocol for patients on injections is to wait four to six weeks following any protocol change. Two weeks on injections and he's testing? And he doesn't understand the basics of negative feedback and suppression of your own natural production?

I would say you deserve better care.
Im going to be testing from 6-8 weeks aftet starting. When ever I want to come in on trough

All red flags definitely time to find a new doctor and the fact that you stated "he told me many guys are good every 10-14 days and that trt doesnt shut down my fertility or natural production".....says it all and than some!
I'm well aware I will most likely need to find a new Dr. I have been scopibg places out and been talking to defy. I just want to see if i can make things work for with this dr for next to nothing. I just dont want me levels to be crazy and have him shut me down because I test at 3.5 days after a split dose

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Here's a rough idea of what the difference is like. This is from SteroidCalc.com:
Untitled 7.jpeg

As Coast stated if you were injecting 100 mg once weekly on Monday morning than your trough would be the following Monday am just before your injection.

You have chosen to split up your injection into 50 mg every 3.5 days (100 mg/week) so if you are injecting 50 mg Monday morning than your next 50 mg injection should be Thursday evening and your trough would be done the following Monday morning before your injection.

I inject twice weekly 75 mg every 3.5 days or 84 hrs so my injections are Tuesday morning at 8 am and Friday evening at 8 pm and when I have blood work done I will test my trough on Tuesday morning before my 8 am injection.

If you are going to inject twice weekly than instead of injecting Monday am and Thursday am which would be 72 hrs between the Mon--->Thurs injection and 96 hrs between the Thurs--->Mon it would be more sensible to do Monday am Thursday pm so it would be 84 hrs between your twice weekly injections instead of 72 hrs and 96 hrs.

On the original protocol of 100mg once weekly your peak--->trough will be more drastic compared to injecting half the dose twice weekly.

Injecting larger doses of T once weekly will result in higher peak levels only to be followed by a much lower trough 7 days post injection and ones SHBG levels play a strong role.

Dose of T/injection frequency and SHBG levels will impact ones peak/trough.

Hope your doctor understands when one starts trt your hormones will be in flux until levels stabilize at 6 weeks.....only than should blood work be done.
My shbg was 16 before starting trt. I'm just trying to.figure out how different the numbers will potentially be if done my way vs his. And if i switch to once weekly on week 6 ill probably have a higher FT then I would if I did it that way from week 1. But my total should be lower correct?

Systemlord

My shbg was 16 before starting trt. I'm just trying to.figure out how different the numbers will potentially be if done my way vs his. And if i switch to once weekly on week 6 ill probably have a higher FT then I would if I did it that way from week 1. But my total should be lower correct?

Testosterone binds to SHBG, you should be on daily injections because you're pissing out testosterone since you bind so little. A 3.5 days protocol isn't likely to work out well.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me