To add test to HCG monotherapy or not?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I've been using just HCG for the last 5 years to boost my low T of 265 up to about 450-500. It's been nice improvement for me overall, especially since I've been very nervous to jump into testosterone use. Despite all the reading I've done, the potential side effects (cardiovascular especially) and the commitment of taking for the rest of my life has kept me from starting it.

My cholesterol numbers aren't great, which has been a lifelong issue (am currently 42 years old). Just had my blood work done and all the numbers (except cholesterol) we're good and my total T was 452 & e2: 28. My doc suggest that I add 5mg of T gel into my daily routine and continue my HCG regimen of 340iu every other day. He thinks it will give me an overall better feeling, improve my lipid panel etc.

Part of me wants to do it, to be optimal healthwise and hopefully improve my endurance in the sports I play. Then the other part is nervous about having to add another drug to my daily routine... And it's for life!. Plus the additional risks associated with testosterone.

Any guidance on this would be super awesome!

Btw, I'm beginning intermittent fasting to help improve my lipid profile as well.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ncsugrad

You’re already committed, so what’s the difference?

Your pituitary has likely already stopped producing LH and your balls are depending on HCG to keep them running.

At this point, why not try it and see what happens? Worst case you stop and you’re back to where you are now. You’re already basically forcing your balls to make more T, it’s not like they’re suddenly going to stop because you add T to your shot.

I wouldn’t bother with the gel. It’s very rarely strong enough to do much of anything. I’d either try 20% cream if your doc is willing to prescribe it (Empower pharmacy compounds it) or tried and true injectable T. Preferably split something like 100mg into 2-3 shots a week IMO. Or try the gel if you want to first. I just don’t see any risk since you’re already on HCG, presumably for life

Cardiovascular risk... what are you talking about? The only risk is at extremely high doses or when people use AI’s and keep their estrogen super low. Don’t do either of those and there's nothing to worry about.

You’re already committed, so what’s the difference?

Your pituitary has likely already stopped producing LH and your balls are depending on HCG to keep them running.

At this point, why not try it and see what happens? Worst case you stop and you’re back to where you are now. You’re already basically forcing your balls to make more T, it’s not like they’re suddenly going to stop because you add T to your shot.

I wouldn’t bother with the gel. It’s very rarely strong enough to do much of anything. I’d either try 20% cream if your doc is willing to prescribe it (Empower pharmacy compounds it) or tried and true injectable T. Preferably split something like 100mg into 2-3 shots a week IMO. Or try the gel if you want to first. I just don’t see any risk since you’re already on HCG, presumably for life

Cardiovascular risk... what are you talking about? The only risk is at extremely high doses or when people use AI’s and keep their estrogen super low. Don’t do either of those and there's nothing to worry about.

You have some very good points! I guess I didn't understand how it all works and have gone by hearing that your body shuts down it's T production once you start taking it and then stop. When I stopped taking the HCG before my T dropped back down to where it was prior to me ever trying it. Do you suspect same would happen once I start using the gel but stopped for whatever reason later?
I'd like to start with the gel to see how it goes. He suggested using it on my scrotum, 6 days a week, taking Sunday off. I know I should have asked him this, but wouldn't it make sense to drop my HCG doses down when applying the gel? Even though you think it's weak...

ncsugrad

Do you suspect same would happen once I start using the gel but stopped for whatever reason later?
If you keep taking the HCH and add gel or T injections, if you were to stop the gel/T injections you’d go back to where you’re at now (assuming you stay on the HCG)

He suggested using it on my scrotum, 6 days a week, taking Sunday off.
I wouldn’t take a day off personally but maybe it will work for you? I just don’t see a reason to reduce your hormones one day a week when you NEED those hormones to feel good.

Gel is alcohol based so it’s typically stated scrotum skin is too sensitive for it. The alcohol might burn that type of skin. There is a cream from Empower that can be used on the scrotum and a lot of people love it. Absorption is better than pretty much anywhere else and it causes an increase in DHT that a lot of people love libido wise.

make sense to drop my HCG doses down when applying the gel?
I would only change one thing at a time and leave HCG where you’re at..

If you keep taking the HCH and add gel or T injections, if you were to stop the gel/T injections you’d go back to where you’re at now (assuming you stay on the HCG)

I wouldn’t take a day off personally but maybe it will work for you? I just don’t see a reason to reduce your hormones one day a week when you NEED those hormones to feel good.

Gel is alcohol based so it’s typically stated scrotum skin is too sensitive for it. The alcohol might burn that type of skin. There is a cream from Empower that can be used on the scrotum and a lot of people love it. Absorption is better than pretty much anywhere else and it causes an increase in DHT that a lot of people love libido wise.

I would only change one thing at a time and leave HCG where you’re at..

The reason I ask about dropping the amount of HCG while adding the T is to be careful not to boost my e2, hematocrit etc to dangerous levels. My doc suggested going back for labs in 3 mos.

This gel you speak of, from Empower labs sounds like a great option. I will reach out to them! One other question I'd like to know since you mentioned the boost in DHT. Does one have to be concerned about hair loss by the raised DHT? If so, what can I do to minimize that?

ncsugrad

The reason I ask about dropping the amount of HCG while adding the T is to be careful not to boost my e2, hematocrit etc to dangerous levels. My doc suggested going back for labs in 3 mos.
Unlikely you'll have issues there IMO unless you're going to crazy levels. E2 going up isn't bad... I believe it should be in proportion to how much T you have. So if T is above the normal range, E2 should be too. I'm not saying it should be 5x the range, but it being out of range for someone on TRT isn't a big deal usually. Mine is 73...
This gel you speak of, from Empower labs sounds like a great option. I will reach out to them!
"20% 200mg/ml verbase testosterone cream" is what they will know it as.. NOT gel. Your doc will have to provide a prescription for them to sell it to you.
One other question I'd like to know since you mentioned the boost in DHT. Does one have to be concerned about hair loss by the raised DHT? If so, what can I do to minimize that?
If you're genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness, an increase in DHT can speed that process up. However, if you aren't, then it shouldn't make any difference. Drugs like finasteride can help, however, I would avoid these at all costs. I had issues for 2-3 years after stopping taking it (which is what led me to TRT) but that's a whole other topic. Just, don't.

You can also use the cream on the back of your knees/tops of your feet, etc. and shouldn't get as much DHT that way, so that's an option too to try to keep DHT reasonable.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me