Thinking about trying Clomid for libido

Buy Lab Tests Online

UCFguy01

I'm currently on 200mg cypionate split into two injections per week @ 100mg per injection. I take HCG once a week (400IU's) to keep away the atrophy. All in all, I feel great. Great sense of well being, lots of energy, sleeping good, etc. The one thing is my libido isn't where I'd like it to be.

I'd like to hear from people who've tried it. Did it help your libido? Did you experience bad side effects? is it something you use regularly? I have a great doctor that's willing to try things to see if they help so I may ask about chlomid to see if it helps at all. I don't think it hurts to try something temporarily. If it doesn't work, oh well right?!?!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I don't have personal experience, but I can tell you the feedback on Clomid runs more negative than positive. At least see if your doctor will let you use enclomiphene instead. Assuming you're U.S.-based you can have your prescription sent to Tailor Made Pharmacy. The thought is that the estrogenic zuclomiphene isomer of Clomid is one of the reasons for a lack of success. This problem is avoided by using pure enclomiphene.

txmx

I used clomid for 5 years. The last thing you would ever get from it is improved libido. Maybe try a dopamine booster?

txmx

Really? Interesting to hear that.
And what were you taking chlomid for? To raise testosterone? Just curious
Yes, to raise testosterone. It raised Total T quite nicely up to 750-900 range. SHBG went up as well, so that Free T was usually only up a little, maybe 8-10. No improvement in libido. I would definitely try enclomiphene (Defy Medical dispenses it) instead of clomid for reasons already stated. Otherwise, maybe adjust or split HCG dose to see if it helps anything.

Dr.V.P.C.

Low dose clomid with some low dose agents to diminish shbg ( proviron + boron ) can do wonders for libido and improve erections in some men.

txmx

Low dose clomid with some low dose agents to diminish shbg ( proviron + boron ) can do wonders for libido and improve erections in some men.
FWIW, I tried supplementing with boron while taking clomiphene and it made no difference in SHBG or libido. It would be interesting to see enclomiphene gain some traction and see if any sustainable good results.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Wouldn’t the Proviron shut down your natural production though even while taking clomid?
Probably a balancing act there, which is why he said low doses. Also, estrogens are more suppressive, so mesterolone is going to be less of a problem than an androgen that can be aromatized. He'd previously mentioned ostarine as another possibility.

JayLay777

Probably a balancing act there, which is why he said low doses. Also, estrogens are more suppressive, so mesterolone is going to be less of a problem than an androgen that can be aromatized. He'd previously mentioned ostarine as another possibility.
I heard Proviron shuts you down even at lower doses but maybe the clomid keeps natural production going. I had asked Defy about doing that one time and they said even though I'm on Clomid any DHT derivative or outside testosterone will shut you down LH.

Vvs1

I used clomid for 5 years. The last thing you would ever get from it is improved libido. Maybe try a dopamine booster?

There’s the new form of clomid available that may change the game. The old form doesn’t improve libido for nearly all that try.

Vvs1

I heard Proviron shuts you down even at lower doses but maybe the clomid keeps natural production going. I had asked Defy about doing that one time and they said even though I'm on Clomid any DHT derivative or outside testosterone will shut you down LH.

DHT will probably shut you down with clomid, but I believe you have to have add testosterone with DHT so you have estrogen.

Diablo666

I tried Clomid, it raises your T, but gives you zero libido. I literally was able to have sex, trying to get my wife pregnant without feeling absolutely noting can you believe it? - After a while, I even got ED, so I stopped clomid. TRT + HCG is much more effective for both libido and fertility.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I tried Clomid, it raises your T, but gives you zero libido. I literally was able to have sex, trying to get my wife pregnant without feeling absolutely noting can you believe it? - After a while, I even got ED, so I stopped clomid. TRT + HCG is much more effective for both libido and fertility.
The hope is that the estrogenic zuclomiphene isomer of Clomid is responsible for the problems. So maybe pure enclomiphene will give all of the good and none of the bad. Presumably this is the "new form of Clomid" that @Vvs1 refers to.

Guided_by_Voices

OP, if you decide to try clomid I strongly suggest keeping the dose low, as in 12.5mg every other day. I had good (or at least not bad) results with that dose and I think Seppuku did as well. Most who report problems do so at much higher doses. I agree that some method of raising DHT (such as a small scrotal cream dose) is worth a try as well. Some find benefit from DHEA and/or a low dose of progesterone and/or pregnenolone, but I would look at DHT first. Also, confirm your prolactin is not high. And if you live in an area where you can get strong sun exposure, many report a libido benefit from that, possibly due to the melanocortin stimulation similar to PT-141 and MT2.

Vvs1

So you only took clomid for fertility reasons? Your sexual function was good up until taking clomid?

seppuku

From my own experiences with both low dose clomid and proviron, i believe that proviron WILL cause some amount of suppression if not straight away then eventually.
My test levels circa 2012, prior to using clomid, averaged in the low 300's. On clomid, low 600's (note - i only had the one blood test after starting clomid (nhs) and didn't test again (private) until i started getting problems).
Around the start of 2017 i experimented with proviron, taking 25mg most working days (not religeously though). At first, i loved the effect it had - more energy, more motivation. The effect seemed to wane after a few weeks, but because i'd read it was non suppressive, took it anyway.
Eventually, due to getting progressively worsening joint problems (knees, hips), i paid and got some private blood work. My test levels came back at 11.7nmol/l (337ng/dl). The clomid was still working fine as my LH was top of the range on just 12.5mg eod. Assuming my LH receptors may have been 'over stimulated' from the constantly raised LH, i dropped the clomid and re tested a month later. My LH had dropped from 8 down to 4 and my test level down to 8.68nmol/l (250ng/dl). Further testing every month or so saw it drop down to 6.04nmol/l (174ng/dl)
During this time i frantically researched into what could have caused my testis to stop responding to LH. The conclusion i came to at first was my age - i was 41 when i got that 600 reading, and 47 when it dropped. At some point though it occured to me that maybe the proviron could have caused it. A bit of trawling through pubmed brought back a study showing proviron IS suppressive. Not against LH, but directly in the testis (i'll try and find the study again).
Now, two years on, i'm not really any better off. I took a bunch of private blood test results to my NHS doctor, but when their test had me come back at 337ng/dl, i got a letter in the post saying he'd spoken to and endo about me and that basically that i'm perfectly fine and that trt is dangerous... I could treat myself (got everything already, enough for the next two years), but every time i decide to start, i read something that'll put me off, and i've been repeating this cycle of nearly doing it for two years.
Sorry, this turned into a rant about my situation!
TLDR - i wouldn't risk playing with proviron unless it was infrequent, and blood work was kept up with.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... Not against LH, but directly in the testis (i'll try and find the study again).
I'd be really interested in seeing this. It's the first I've heard of direct testicular suppression. Is it just mesterolone, or androgens in general? Given the high natural levels of intratesticular testosterone it's a little hard to envision how a small amount of an exogenous androgen would cause problems. Oral availability of mesterolone is 3% or so, meaning you're only getting 0.75 mg from a 25 mg tablet. On the other hand, my typical dose-response relationship would make this like adding 40 ng/dL to serum DHT, assuming they act similarly. So it's not totally trivial.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me