Shingles (Herpes Zoster) & TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

jacb

After a few stressful years I have been diagnosed with early stages of Shingles (Herpes Zoster).

I am currently on 75mg Testosterone Cypionate twice weekly (150mg every week).

I have now been prescribed:
  • Aciclovir Tabs 800mg Five per day for seven days
  • Prednisone 20mg Tabs Two per day for three days and then one per day for four days
  • Capsaicin 0.075% Cream
Any thoughts regarding the prescribed medicine and will any of it effect my TRT? Ie Prednisone?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Since you're on testosterone already, Prednisone 20mg Tabs shouldn't affect your levels.

Take care of them shingles, my dad's had them and my sister had them on her eye and now she's blind in that one eye. Nothing to mess with.

jacb

Thanks' for your advice Vince.

If I had any choice, rest assured I wouldn't ask to have shingles.

Sorry to hear about your Sister and her eye.

Have a GREAT CHRISTMAS

PS hopefully an early diagnosis will help.

Shingles.jpg

Dicky

Thanks' for your advice Vince.

If I had any choice, rest assured I wouldn't ask to have shingles.

Sorry to hear about your Sister and her eye.

Have a GREAT CHRISTMAS

PS hopefully an early diagnosis will help.
There is a vaccine for shingles that you ought to look into. It is 2 doses. I got it 2 years ago. Only side FX was that I felt fatigued for a few days

jacb

Thanks for the thought Dicky.

There seem to be two factors re the vaccine for shingles.

Firstly they don’t offer it until I am one year older via the Health System here in NZ. I guess I could self fund it, but I don’t know if that is possible?

Secondly they say once you have had shingles you are unlikely to get it again. The bit they don’t seem so open about is that sometimes you can’t get rid of it.

I guess the vaccine would only help me avoid a second infection … The vaccine is best administered before you first get shingles And that moment has passed for me.

Dicky

Secondly they say once you have had shingles you are unlikely to get it again. The bit they don’t seem so open about is that sometimes you can’t get rid of it.
I had not heard that. I will have to do some more research on this.

I got shingles when I was in my 20's and my doctor recommended I get the vax as soon as I was eligible when I turned 50. I didn't have any long lasting effects from getting shingles, but it was definitely not something I would want to repeat.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me