Senators ask Biden administration to loosen restrictions on testosterone access

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
We changed the settings since spammers were editing their prior posts to add links. Let me look into what to do so that respected members like you can be waived from that.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

We changed the settings since spammers were editing their prior posts to add links. Let me look into what to do so that respected members like you can be waived from that.
Oh ok, thanks for taking a look. I thought I got demoted or something as my member title got axed as well. I'm now a "member" instead of a "well-known member" :).

Don't know how I ended up getting that title (haha) . I assume it's correlated with reaction scores? Perhaps have a filter on member scores to eventually earn the privilege of editing posts?

EDIT: I've got editing functionality back. Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:

RP McMurphy

Hi there! I just posted for the first time and went back to attempt to edit the post, make a few corrections, and update some data. Just confirming, does this functionality not exist? Thanks so much for everything! Greatly appreciate this forum and site.

T

tareload

On this day I am grateful for the EM team (@Nelson Vergel and Mods) and the ability to revise posts. I got put on "new user" status on another forum which has limited capabilities since I was posting too many links to the great content here at EM.

Thanks again!!

T

tareload

My post on Warren's letter to Biden got nuked. Was it that controversial?

Seemed like a very on topic post.

T

tareload

If it was intentionally deleted it would be nice to know why. It's all over the news, e.g. here, and does seem relevant and interesting.
Thanks for your reply. In case it was accidental, here it is again in link form. If this gets deleted then I will have a more concrete answer :) . @Nelson Vergel can you determine how that post got deleted? Thanks for considering as the info can help me tailor my approach moving forward.

Amazing to me the responses I have got so far. Not too many traditional fervent T supporters seem to want to jump on the ship with the current captains. Everything hyperpolitical now. If testosterone gets unscheduled do we really care the justification at the time?

Last edited by a moderator:

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Amazing to me the responses I have got so far. Not too many traditional fervent T supporters seem to want to jump on the ship with the current captains. Everything hyperpolitical now. If testosterone gets unscheduled do we really care the justification at the time?
I'd call this doing the right thing for the wrong reasons:

"Millions of regular guys need easier to access to testosterone to restore their health and well-being? F*ck 'em"

"Wait, now a much much smaller, relatively insignificant number of trans people want testosterone? Time to move mountains!"

T

tareload

I'd call this doing the right thing for the wrong reasons:

"Millions of regular guys need easier to access to testosterone to restore their health and well-being? F*ck 'em"

"Wait, now a much much smaller, relatively insignificant number of trans people want testosterone? Time to move mountains!"

"Be careful what you wish for."

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Not a bill yet. Letter inquires about administrative remedies through Biden Admin
There will be strong Republican opposition even if it means better access for ALL even if trans people are the main focus.

Someone drafted a letter in May to protect the 11 hormones the FDA wants to ban compounders from making. In activism, you use the lowest hanging fruit that may benefit ALL even if a small population is the focus.

Robert M. Califf M.D.

Commissioner

Food and Drug Administration

10903 New Hampshire Avenue

Silver Spring, MD 20993

Dear Acting Administrator Woodcock:

We are writing to express our concern with recommendations made to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) by an Ad Hoc Committee of the National Academy of Science, Engineering and Medicine (NASEM) which may have a negative impact on transgender community’s equal access to health care. The NASEM recommendations, which stem from a study commissioned during the previous Administration, include a proposal that would effectively outlaw the use of compounded bioidentical hormones (cBHT) for transgender individuals. These medications are vital to transgender individuals undergoing hormonal treatment to affirm their gender identity.

The use of cBHT has increased in recent times for transgender patients. Compounded hormones greatly increase the treatment options available for this underserved population and provide access to necessary care that might otherwise be denied. Medical providers work closely with patients and customize compounded hormone preparations to meet their individual and personalized needs.

The NASEM Committee’s report recommended that most cBHTs be nominated and considered for inclusion on FDA’s “too difficult to compound” list which would effectively outlaw these essential treatments. According to the NASEM report, cBHTs are currently used nationwide by millions of patients, which would make this proposal disruptive for those patients’ current medical treatments.

Inclusion on the “too difficult to compound list” would also create unnecessary barriers to health care for a community that is already underserved in our health system. According to the National Center for Transgender Equality’s US Trans Survey in 2015, more than three-quarters of transgender and non-binary people wanted hormone therapy related to gender transition, yet only 49 percent had ever received it. To follow these recommendations would only create more hurdles for transgender people and exacerbate these rates.

Further, the NASEM Committee, which developed these recommendations, did not include committee members with practical experience in compounded hormone therapy for either women with hormonal imbalance or transgender patients seeking treatment with cBHTs.

We encourage the FDA to reject the recommendation that cBHTs be considered for inclusion on the “too difficult to compound” list. We also ask that any further discussion or examination of this issue be conducted in a process that includes the active participation of members of the transgender community and experienced providers with the practical knowledge of the benefits of compounded hormone therapy.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of this request.

Sincerely,

Members of Congress

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com