Semen/Test after Varicocele Repair

Buy Lab Tests Online

AdamYoung

Hi,
Has anyone got their testicle varicocele repaired and found success? I have on my left side and because of that my left testicles has become small. I also have low testosterone and low sperm count. I am guessing its because of varicocele. I will be super lucky if my sperm count returns to normal after repair. I am planning to get it done once this covid is over.
So, Has anyone got repaired and found success? Just want to know whats ur thoughts on this? I had it when i was kid. Now i am 37, so not sure repairing will help. Not worried about testosterone but only sperm count.Thanks

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator

Hi,
Has anyone got their testicle varicocele repaired and found success? I have on my left side and because of that my left testicles has become small. I also have low testosterone and low sperm count. I am guessing its because of varicocele. I will be super lucky if my sperm count returns to normal after repair. I am planning to get it done once this covid is over.
So, Has anyone got repaired and found success? Just want to know whats ur thoughts on this? I had it when i was kid. Now i am 37, so not sure repairing will help. Not worried about testosterone but only sperm count.Thanks
Yes, I have had varicocele repair AND a vasectomy later, so have some input on this. I have always had varicoceles (mainly on left like you, the most common) since I was in my 20's. I think about 20% of men get them on average. Mine became painful after heavy workouts training about 5 years ago, so that's when I decided to do something about them. This is also very common as lots of blood pressure goes to groin, especially during strenuous exercise and certain movements like squats, dead-lifts, etc.

Anyway, I researched the various procedures and found probably the best/expert micro-surgeon Dr. Turek in California (Male Fertility and Sexual Health Clinic | Dr. Paul Turek). He ties off the tiny blood vessels instead of snaking a filament in your veins an cauterizing them shut - I really liked his approach. He said my pain would be fixed for life and he was right so far :). He has worked on thousands of men and trains other surgeons.

I did expect a minor T bump after that and I actually did go off HRT all-together for almost a year after that and was doing OK, but (still not ideal) as it's hard to reset the axis after being on HRT for years. But everyone is different.

I later returned to Dr. Turek (just last December) for a vasectomy as he's very skilled at that also - he even reverses them (much more difficult). Anyway, I got sperm tested after 3 months and still had some swimmers (this can happen), so I can verify after varicocele I still had plenty of swimmers. I'm pretty sure he said that often varicocele procedure enhances fertility - but you should have a phone consult with him.

I can't remember the insurance he took, etc - but he's the top guy I found for these procedures plus fertility, etc.

AdamYoung

Thanks buddy. Sure i will google him. My another worry is injury to blood arteries. Looks like there is less chance of injury in microscopic. I will reach out to him and see when can i get appointment. Thanks for sharing

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me