Osteoarthritis Treatment

Buy Lab Tests Online

BigTex

Shoulder osteoarthritis is not as common as osteoarthritis of the hip or knee, but it is estimated that nearly 1 in 3 people over the age of 60 have shoulder osteoarthritis to some degree. I personally have had some great success using 1% sodium hyaluronate injections in my knee (intra articularly). These injections are done in a series of three, having 1 injection each week. They are done by injecting the 1% sodium hyaluronate directly into the joint. I have severe osteoarthritis, which is bone on bone and tends to be very painful After 3 injection I can go 6 months with very minimal to no pain. Sure beats having surgery and I can continue my activity.

However, while it has been approved for use in the knee, the FDA has not bothered approving it for use in the hip or shoulder meaning many times replacement surgery becomes the only alternative. Paying cash for the injections is an option but with Euflexxa costing over $1300 with GoodRx, it is out of range for most. Insurance will not pay for off label uses in the shoulder or hip.

Saito S, Furuya T, Kotake S. Therapeutic effects of hyaluronate injections in patients with chronic painful shoulder: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. 2010. In: Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE): Quality-assessed Reviews [Internet]. York (UK): Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (UK); 1995-. Available from: Therapeutic effects of hyaluronate injections in patients with chronic painful shoulder: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials - Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE): Quality-assessed Reviews - NCBI Bookshelf

Authors' conclusions​

Hyaluronate injections were effective in relieving pain and were safe for the treatment of patients with chronic painful shoulder, but further research was needed.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fortunate

Shoulder osteoarthritis is not as common as osteoarthritis of the hip or knee, but it is estimated that nearly 1 in 3 people over the age of 60 have shoulder osteoarthritis to some degree. I personally have had some great success using 1% sodium hyaluronate injections in my knee (intra articularly). These injections are done in a series of three, having 1 injection each week. They are done by injecting the 1% sodium hyaluronate directly into the joint. I have severe osteoarthritis, which is bone on bone and tends to be very painful After 3 injection I can go 6 months with very minimal to no pain. Sure beats having surgery and I can continue my activity.

However, while it has been approved for use in the knee, the FDA has not bothered approving it for use in the hip or shoulder meaning many times replacement surgery becomes the only alternative. Paying cash for the injections is an option but with Euflexxa costing over $1300 with GoodRx, it is out of range for most. Insurance will not pay for off label uses in the shoulder or hip.

Saito S, Furuya T, Kotake S. Therapeutic effects of hyaluronate injections in patients with chronic painful shoulder: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. 2010. In: Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE): Quality-assessed Reviews [Internet]. York (UK): Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (UK); 1995-. Available from: Therapeutic effects of hyaluronate injections in patients with chronic painful shoulder: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials - Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE): Quality-assessed Reviews - NCBI Bookshelf

Authors' conclusions​

Hyaluronate injections were effective in relieving pain and were safe for the treatment of patients with chronic painful shoulder, but further research was needed.
Have you done any reading into platelet rich plasma? Good data to support its use in osteoarthritis in various joints.

drkelp

I'm really interested in this as well. Just in hands so far but has escalated lately. Trying a number of supplements but will prob take time to see anything.

BigTex

Have you done any reading into platelet rich plasma? Good data to support its use in osteoarthritis in various joints.
Absolutely I have, in fact before my knee surgery in 2010 my doctor asked me if I would like to be part of an research he was doing using PRP. Of course I agreed. I also did PRP with the Euflexxa injections on my knee. That sad part is the FDA has not approved this nor will insurance pay for it.

So the problem with my shoulders, the FDA will not approve of any treatment other than cortisone injection. Anything beyond that is cash. Euflexxa at Good RX is over $1300 a treatment, PRP is expensive too. So we are being driven to shoulder replacement surgery as the only option.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me