On TRT, total test within normal range, Free T sky high

Buy Lab Tests Online
Excuse the rookie question but if free T is on the higher side and everything else is relatively in check, how’s that a bad thing? I moved past the obsession of trying to dial everything in like a swiss chronometer. I feel best with my T’s on the higher side. DHT tends to go a little wonky (without any detectable sides) I do quarterly labs and adjust accordingly if anything starts to go awry but that calculated balance business is way too complicated and stressful.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

itsme

I inject 30mg of TE twice weekly=60mg

TT655
FT 161
Es 52

Do I need to lower TE dosage?
What are side effects /risks
of high FT?

Systemlord

TT655
FT 161
Es 52

of high FT?
You’re fine. There are men walking around with Free T above the normal ranges naturally. As stated before, the standardized normal ranges for Free T is a real sh** show.

tropicaldaze1950

TT655
FT 161
Es 52

of high FT?
IM or sub q? The question I always ask is 'How do you feel, physically/mentally, especially sexual function?' Numbers don't tell that story. Too many doctors go by numbers, only. No one, not even those doctors, are lab values. In TRT, IMO, it's a poor metric to use, solely, to judge the success of testosterone replacement.

Also, of 60 mg total, 30% is the ester, which gives you actual testosterone of 42 mg. Again, you might be feeling great and if so, end of story. Less can be more for some men. There's no 'right' dose.

Last edited:

itsme

IM or sub q? The question I always ask is 'How do you feel, physically/mentally, especially sexual function?' Numbers don't tell that story. Too many doctors go by numbers, only. No one, not even those doctors, are lab values. In TRT, IMO, it's a poor metric to use, solely, to judge the success of testosterone replacement.

Also, of 60 mg total, 30% is the ester, which gives you actual testosterone of 42 mg. Again, you might be feeling great and if so, end of story. Less can be more for some men. There's no 'right' dose.
Thanks.I do shallow IM on shoulders. Tried abdomen but gave up due to skin redness and hard lumps.

You are right about the feeling and not the numbers.
I actually was doing better when I was on 100mg weekly:
TT 900
TF 225
ES 58
However I had to lower because of high hematocrit, do not want keep donate the B.

42 mg per week that's 6mg daily (average daily production in a young adult is 5-7mg ) I think it's pretty good for on old man!
I use to be in the lower 200 TT.

tropicaldaze1950

Thanks.I do shallow IM on shoulders. Tried abdomen but gave up due to skin redness and hard lumps.

You are right about the feeling and not the numbers.
I actually was doing better when I was on 100mg weekly:
TT 900
TF 225
ES 58
However I had to lower because of high hematocrit, do not want keep donate the B.

42 mg per week that's 6mg daily (average daily production in a young adult is 5-7mg ) I think it's pretty good for on old man!
I use to be in the lower 200 TT.
Understand. I think you're 61? If so, then I'm the old man at 73, LOL! I don't know what optimal is in regards to dosage, response to whatever dose and corresponding lab numbers. I'm restarting T @ 100 mg/34 mg MWF. Also taking 5 mg tadalafil, MWF. Couldn't tolerate it for so many years, then suddenly, I could! Maybe because I'm taking it with food. My urologist said to come back in December but I'll request labs in 2 months, though if I'm feeling good and have erections, I'll pull some labs with Discounted Labs and update him by email.

Ribeye

So I have been on TRT for a while, my Total T levels are fine, around 600 but my Free T levels are very high, over 150...

SHBG levels are very low, usually between 8-10 and estradiol is normal around 25 as I take Aromasin to keep that in line.

Do I need to adjust my dose down to lower my free T back to within normal range? Worried about the potential long term risks for sky high free T levels...would this be similar to being on steroids even tho my total T levels are well within normal range?
some others here may be more qualified to make an assessment, but why are you so concerned about keeping your estrogen so low? People forget it provides many good benefits, and at the numbers are you seeing is so low, you are very unlikely to see any adverse events. You could well be spending money and taking additional risk of adverse events from the aromasin, that you don't need. You won't get gynecomastia from levels that low. Estrogen gives you cardiovascular protection, bone health protection, hair, skin and other benefits as well. it's not going to make you overly emotional or sensitive at those levels for sure if at all. Don't bet the farm on free T levels. If your total is in range, and it is, and you are not having any adverse effects like rising hematocrit or hemoglobin, your likely accurate total T is well within the normal range, assuming you are measuring you total T early am consistently. You don't say what your regimen is, but if you are injecting when you do the bloodwork is important too. if you inject weekly, but measure the 600 total just prior to the next dose, your total may be much higher.

GregHynson

So I have been on TRT for a while, my Total T levels are fine, around 600 but my Free T levels are very high, over 150...

SHBG levels are very low, usually between 8-10 and estradiol is normal around 25 as I take Aromasin to keep that in line.

Do I need to adjust my dose down to lower my free T back to within normal range? Worried about the potential long term risks for sky high free T levels...would this be similar to being on steroids even tho my total T levels are well within normal range?
High Free testosterone is a good thing. Also, estradiol levels above lab values on TRT is not a bad thing because reference ranges don't take into account for TRT. You could drop the Aromasin though.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me