On TRT, total test within normal range, Free T sky high

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

Zat right?

On second look, nevermind. Your test is equilibrium ultrafiltration NOT dialysis.

1685732496722.png

See my lab result above. That is the only lab Labcorp is doing ED. I feel for guys. This is such a mess for the regular dude.

tropicaldaze1950

So I have been on TRT for a while, my Total T levels are fine, around 600 but my Free T levels are very high, over 150...

SHBG levels are very low, usually between 8-10 and estradiol is normal around 25 as I take Aromasin to keep that in line.

Do I need to adjust my dose down to lower my free T back to within normal range? Worried about the potential long term risks for sky high free T levels...would this be similar to being on steroids even tho my total T levels are well within normal range?
So I have been on TRT for a while, my Total T levels are fine, around 600 but my Free T levels are very high, over 150...

SHBG levels are very low, usually between 8-10 and estradiol is normal around 25 as I take Aromasin to keep that in line.

Do I need to adjust my dose down to lower my free T back to within normal range? Worried about the potential long term risks for sky high free T levels...would this be similar to being on steroids even tho my total T levels are well within normal range?
IMO, irrelevant. Your interpretation of 'sky high' is in relation to the lab range you're looking at, which is arbitrary, based on a pool of numbers. You're not on a high dose of T, either. Incompetent doctors treat by lab values, not how a patient is feeling and functioning. I'd also question why you're taking Aromasin, unless you have extreme sensitivity to estradiol or, your doctor automatically prescribes it as part of TRT. From my reading, it comes across that your protocol is being micro managed.

matter2003

IMO, irrelevant. Your interpretation of 'sky high' is in relation to the lab range you're looking at, which is arbitrary, based on a pool of numbers. You're not on a high dose of T, either. Incompetent doctors treat by lab values, not how a patient is feeling and functioning. I'd also question why you're taking Aromasin, unless you have extreme sensitivity to estradiol or, your doctor automatically prescribes it as part of TRT. From my reading, it comes across that your protocol is being micro managed.
Well that's good to know Quests interpretation of what is high is pretty much garbage and that I don't have anything to worry about.

I feel pretty good, lift 4x a week, pilates/yoga one day, walk 3-4 miles 4-5x a week and mix in some weighted vest hill climbs.

I am a high aromatizer unfortunately. After a few months my E levels were over 50. Aromasin twice a week keeps it in check in the mid-upper 20s.

Only other thing that sucks is I am susceptible to polythecemia and my Hematocrit levels get into the 53-54% range so I have to donate blood pretty much every 8 weeks like clockwork to stay good.

Last edited:

Systemlord

Only other thing that sucks is I am susceptible to polythecemia and my Hematocrit levels get into the 53-54% range so I have to donate blood pretty much every 8 weeks like clockwork to stay good.
I previously was forced to get phlebotomies for over a year until a hematologist put a stop to it due to a lack of symptoms and blood pressure (110/64) on the lower end. Phlebotomies didn’t do me any favors, it took me 3 weeks to recover my ferritin levels, only to crash them a week later, rinse and repeat.

I’m currently 51-52% and not getting phlebotomies. I swear after stopping the frequent phlebotomies, this is when I started making progress on TRT.

If you can still get symptom relief after reducing your dosage, I would do it rather than risk crashing, suppressing your ferritin levels long term!

Last edited:

matter2003

I previously was forced to get phlebotomies for over a year until a hematologist put a stop to it due to a lack of symptoms and blood pressure (110/64) on the lower end. Phlebotomies didn’t do me any favors, it took me 3 weeks to recover my ferritin levels, only to crash them a week later, rinse and repeat.

I’m currently 51-52% and not getting phlebotomies. I swear after stopping the frequent phlebotomies, this is when I started making progress on TRT.

If you can still get symptom relief after reducing your dosage, I would do it rather than risk crashing, suppressing your ferritin levels long term!

Donating blood for men is actually pretty healthy...in fact researchers now believe it is the main reason why women have longer life expectancy than men do...they release iron from their bodies monthly for decades while men do not...just like iron rusts outside from oxidation, the same rusting occurs internally from oxidation.

Systemlord

Donating blood for men is actually pretty healthy...
I’m not trying to imply that donating blood is bad for you, but donating too frequently isn’t good if your ferritin is subpar for a significant amount of time in between donations.

Whenever I donate blood, my diabetes gets real bad for about a week. Obviously over the long term that’s not healthy.

tropicaldaze1950

Well that's good to know Quests interpretation of what is high is pretty much garbage and that I don't have anything to worry about.

I feel pretty good, lift 4x a week, pilates/yoga one day, walk 3-4 miles 4-5x a week and mix in some weighted vest hill climbs.

I am a high aromatizer unfortunately. After a few months my E levels were over 50. Aromasin twice a week keeps it in check in the mid-upper 20s.

My free T has always been in the 200's. My urologist doesn't use labs as the end all, be all; just one aspect of clinical assessment.

T

tareload

I don't live for this forum nor do I catch everything. What are you referring to?
You ask the "experts" extremely nuanced technical questions on here but you don't live for the forum? I guess fortunate for you there are others who do pay attention to details.

No worries, no need to continue. You can read above if you want answers to you latest question.

Take care.

Blackhawk

You ask the "experts" extremely nuanced technical questions on here but you don't live for the forum? I guess fortunate for you there are others who do pay attention to details.

No worries, no need to continue. You can read above if you want answers to you latest question.

Take care.

I lost track.

You take care too!

matter2003

Take care.

I'd appreciate if you took the petty bickering somewhere outside of my thread. Maybe DM each other back and forth instead of polluting this thread.

AJB1975

I'd run test only for 8 weeks without aromasin and see how you feel. My E runs between 50-70 and I feel way better.

DJXS

Maybe reduce your dose till your estradiol level is in the normal range without taking an aromatise inhibitor.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me