NAC Benefits: HDL and More

Thanks, seaexplorer. Are you taking a higher dose of testosterone plus HCG anabolics?
Thanks for the reply Nelson and for the link. I will check it out next ...

I just started testosterone injections of 70mg 2X per week plus 400mg 2X a week of HCG. Today is actually the first day of this treatment for me

I've been taking the NAC for about 4 weeks now. I started that the day after these first labs. Now off to read the link you gave. My HDL is stubbornly low

Well, here's my 3 month update after taking NAC 600mg 2x per day. My HDL looks like it actually went down about 10% (34 vs 31). My Triglycerides though improved and went down by about 22% (159 vs 123) which is probably the first time in 5 years they've been under 150. Uggh, my HDL though is just super stubborn. I'll keep taking the NAC but I think I need look into some type of different exercise routines, so that's what I will look to change next. I'm not sure what type of exercise is best for improving HDL. I read that endurance cardio is good or bad and interval cardio is good, so honestly I'm not sure and that's my next task to learn here.

Capture.jpg

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thread starter #26
Well, here's my 3 month update after taking NAC 600mg 2x per day. My HDL looks like it actually went down about 10% (34 vs 31). My Triglycerides though improved and went down by about 22% (159 vs 123) which is probably the first time in 5 years they've been under 150. Uggh, my HDL though is just super stubborn. I'll keep taking the NAC but I think I need look into some type of different exercise routines, so that's what I will look to change next. I'm not sure what type of exercise is best for improving HDL. I read that endurance cardio is good or bad and interval cardio is good, so honestly I'm not sure and that's my next task to learn here.

View attachment 3834
HDL is hard to increase while on TRT. But here are other options:

How to Increase Good Cholesterol (HDL)