Messed up not listening to the doctor

Buy Lab Tests Online
Im pretty new to TRT, been on cypionate for about 2 weeks now. My doctor prescribed me .5 ml a week. I took the 1 ml a week and felt shitty, and now Im seeing why. My body wasnt use to that, and thats a huge dose. Ive read some guys stay on .5 ml and get decent T levels. Should have never rushed in, but been reading threads where many guys take 1ml, and thought I could do the same. Took the .5, and felt much better this week. My next plan is to just inject .25 ml every 3 days. Is this a common thing? I know injecting once a week is not good for maintaining levels and causes crashes. Plus I have some fat due to hypothyroidism and pituitary issues. All advice is welcome.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Dosing is described in milligrams, I have no idea the strength of testosterone you're injecting. You can start by providing all pre-TRT lab values including Total T, Free T, SHBG and sensitive estrogen LC/MS/MS method.

SHBG should dictate the type of TRT protocol. If you don't have at least the tests list above, then it looks like your doctor is inept to manage your TRT protocol and you never stood a chance at seeing good results on TRT.

Being overweight and injecting once weekly is a ticket to failure, the more body fat you have, the higher your estrogen will be and this can make you estrogen dominant. Men who have thyroid problems aren't expect to respond to TRT well since you will be unable to metabolize testosterone in the liver.

Where does your TSH, Free T3 and Reverse T3 currently sit?

Last edited:
Total Test 201(very low) 36 years old
Free test is 8.9(in the range of the lab)
Have not done a SHBG or a estrogen lab yet, but my doctor said he will next visit which is in 2 weeks. He placed me on the test just to see how I tolerated it, and Im following up in 3 weeks, and those labs will be done. I told him Im very worried about the estrogen dominant, he has took that into consideration and will prescribe anstrozole if needed. .5 ml, I guess you can say 100ml a week. i Initially did 200ml the first shot, and that wasnt my dosage, but have read thats the normal for many guys. Didnt listen to my doc, big mistake, but I know now.

Systemlord

Total Test 201(very low) 36 years old
Free test is 8.9(in the range of the lab)
Have not done a SHBG or a estrogen lab yet, but my doctor said he will next visit which is in 2 weeks. He placed me on the test just to see how I tolerated it, and Im following up in 3 weeks, and those labs will be done. I told him Im very worried about the estrogen dominant, he has took that into consideration and will prescribe anstrozole if needed. .5 ml, I guess you can say 100ml a week. i Initially did 200ml the first shot, and that wasnt my dosage, but have read thats the normal for many guys. Didnt listen to my doc, big mistake, but I know now.

Doing labs 4 weeks after starting TRT isn't how this game is played, it takes 6 weeks for the half lives to build up in your system. Until then levels will be in flux and doing labs before 6 weeks won't represent where your levels will be at the 6 weeks. Your doctor doesn't even understand the rules of this TRT game.

It's a little late in the game to be ordering these tests and indicates you need a new doctor asap! Skipping SHBG is starting TRT without a plan, you must design your protocol around your SHBG number.

My SHBG is on the lower end and do best on injections every 2 days. Your Total T and Free T numbers suggest your SHBG is low and may be why you encountered symptoms so early on in treatment.

Half lives of medications. Most underrated aspect of TRT

Last edited:
Yes, I've read that SHBG is very important in testosterone treatment. I have a Endo, a Primary, and this doctor is a HRT doctor I see locally. He just calls in the prescription, and my insurance covers it. it saves me money. Between dealing with my other medical issues revolving around my pituitary tumor and hypothyroid, my finances become a little tight. However, he has no problem with any of the test I mentioned. the follow up appointment wasnt for labs, he just wanted to sit down with me and discuss how Im feeling with the injections. SHBG and estradoil is the test I asked him about and hes ok with those test.

Systemlord

Yes, I've read that SHBG is very important in testosterone treatment. I have a Endo, a Primary, and this doctor is a HRT doctor I see locally. He just calls in the prescription, and my insurance covers it. it saves me money. Between dealing with my other medical issues revolving around my pituitary tumor and hypothyroid, my finances become a little tight. However, he has no problem with any of the test I mentioned. the follow up appointment wasnt for labs, he just wanted to sit down with me and discuss how Im feeling with the injections. SHBG and estradoil is the test I asked him about and hes ok with those test.

Perfect if your doctor is flexible and willing to learn. I always test four biomarkers when checking my progress, Total T, Free T, SHBG and sensitive estrogen LC/MS/MS method.

The Roche ECLIA methodology or standard estrogen testing can pick up on other steroids as estrogen falsely elevated estrogen in men.

Ok, thanks for that. I've found those labs on Quest for a good price. Its a shame my doctors office wont cover these labs, and would cost me over 1500 for the test, free test, estrodial, SBGH, IGF-1, and DHEA. All the other labs my doctor will cover, but I found I can get these done at Quest or Labcorp for under 200. So much for having insurance. LOL Thanks for the advice, Quest has a bundle called anti aging men with all those labs in it, which makes things awesome for me. If my SHBG is low, is injecting every two days a risk for scar tissue from what I've read.

Systemlord

Ok, thanks for that. I've found those labs on Quest for a good price. Its a shame my doctors office wont cover these labs, and would cost me over 1500 for the test, free test, estrodial, SBGH, IGF-1, and DHEA. All the other labs my doctor will cover, but I found I can get these done at Quest or Labcorp for under 200. So much for having insurance. LOL Thanks for the advice, Quest has a bundle called anti aging men with all those labs in it, which makes things awesome for me. If my SHBG is low, is injecting every two days a risk for scar tissue from what I've read.

I use 29 gauge insulin syringes in shoulders and quads rotating injection sites, if you chose a less than optimal choice for your protocol, you risk more side effects and lower quality of life.

I have no tissue scarring after injecting multiple times per week for 2 years. Insurance is mostly useless for TRT, doctors know almost nothing, seem uninterested in learning and refuse needed testing.

I use www.discountedlabs.com.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching