Insomnia difficulty falling in sleep

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ronnny

I want to know is anyone knows what I can take for insomnia. I have been suffering from insomnia for many years.
I am on TRT.

I have tried many prescription and non-prescription medications over these years. Hardest part for me is not to be able to fall in sleep. Ambien works for me but I want to find alternative to ambien.

So far I have tried trazodone, melatonin, 5-HTP, L-theanine, Lunesta, GABA & some other antidepressants.None help.

I want to see if anyone knows any other way to beat insomnia (with supplement or prescription med)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I want to know is anyone knows what I can take for insomnia. I have been suffering from insomnia for many years.
I am on TRT.

I have tried many prescription and non-prescription medications over these years. Hardest part for me is not to be able to fall in sleep. Ambien works for me but I want to find alternative to ambien.

So far I have tried trazodone, melatonin, 5-HTP, L-theanine, Lunesta, GABA & some other antidepressants.None help.

I want to see if anyone knows any other way to beat insomnia (with supplement or prescription med)
We have an article that you may like to read. It is very long though.

Sleep is Anabolic- By Dr Mauro Di Pasquale

DragonBits

I am on TRT.

Progesterone cream works, but if I use too much, I feel a little sleepy all day long.

Once recreational marijuana becomes legal in Illinois, I will give it a try for sleep. I know it makes me sleepy, but not sure how it would work using it every night. For sleep I would need to only use a small amount.

I have tried Remdi sleep, which is 60mg THC/30mg CBD/10mg CBN spray, it also helps.

Of course, whether you can buy this depends on your state.

My problem is getting up often, falling asleep is never a problem.

Also, I tend to need to do some cardio for 30 min during the day, or equivalent weight lifting, to reduce stress, in order to sleep well.

pmgamer18

I am on TRT.

I do this laying down it puts me to sleep every time.

Phil

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Steps to Elicit the Relaxation Response
The following is the technique reprinted with permission from Dr. Herbert Benson's book
The Relaxation Response pages 162-163

1. Sit quietly in a comfortable position.
2. Close your eyes.
3. Deeply relax all your muscles,
beginning at your feet and progressing up to your face.
Keep them relaxed.

4. Breathe through your nose.
Become aware of your breathing.
As you breathe out, say the word, "one"*,
silently to yourself. For example,
breathe in ... out, "one",- in .. out, "one", etc.
Breathe easily and naturally.

5. Continue for 10 to 20 minutes.
You may open your eyes to check the time, but do not use an alarm.
When you finish, sit quietly for several minutes,
at first with your eyes closed and later with your eyes opened.
Do not stand up for a few minutes.

6. Do not worry about whether you are successful
in achieving a deep level of relaxation.
Maintain a passive attitude and permit relaxation to occur at its own pace.
When distracting thoughts occur,
try to ignore them by not dwelling upon them
and return to repeating "one."

With practice, the response should come with little effort.
Practice the technique once or twice daily,
but not within two hours after any meal,
since the digestive processes seem to interfere with
the elicitation of the Relaxation Response.

* It is better to use a soothing, mellifluous sound, preferably with no meaning.
or association, to avoid stimulation of unnecessary thoughts - a mantra.​

JimGainz

I too have wrestled with us over the years and believe I have found a solution that works most of the time. I’m going to assume you have all of the basics down pat first/ dim the lights, comfortable bed, comfortable temperature, not working out too close to bedtime, avoiding excessive caffeine etc. Beyond that here is what I currently do:
- slightly lowered my Trt dose to under 100 mg. Prior to this I was taking around 120 and occasionally higher. I found that I always get my best sleep when it’s around 80-100 mg/wk
- take 400 mg of magnesium. This smooths
out the muscles and makes you feel like you just had a massage. Very important
- I too have experimented with CBD and THC and found that they are fantastic for sleep. If I take a gummy with 4.5 mg of THC or a tincture with THC and CBD oil right before bed, I am good for 5 straight hours before I wake up. I do not live in a state where this is legal – but I ran some business trips to California and bought a few to take home. Honestly one vial of tinctures will last about 3 to 4 months not trying to talk you into doing something illegal but it it definitely will help.
I only take the CBDTHC supplements occasionally – I seem to do fine on the magnesium alone, although I wake up more often.

- I also use Dhea nightly. Helps with adrenal fatigue to combat the cortisol. I find that it helps some people say it works them.
- I know some pro bodybuilder folks who also swear by taking some carbs late at night like a scoop or two of oatmeal – apparently this has something to do with cortisol and glucose levels – I’ve never felt the need to do this but wanted to pass it on. I think Dorian Yates used to do this well

growing4skin

I am on TRT.

I've also had insomnia for a long long time, in varying degrees, and used sleep meds for 12 years until going off them cold turkey two years ago. I've done ok, but recently I found some great information about Vitamin D deficiency and lack of deep sleep. DrGominak.com is a great website to check out. Dr. Gominak is a neurologist who started paying attention to sleep deficiencies in her patients and that led her down the path of Vit D deficiency. In essence, she is suggesting that you have your blood tested for Vit D and Vit B12 to get a baseline level, then begin supplementing as needed to increase those levels to the point where your body has the proper raw materials to induce deep sleep/sleep paralysis, which is required for the body to make needed repairs. I would recommend the $25 eBook she sells which outlines her suggested regimen, and then the supplements you take are a minimal investment. The biggest cost is the needed periodic blood tests you need to make sure your Vit D levels are within range, and those can be purchased either at Discounted Labs, or any number of online lab companies. Those tests will only cost $35-50 per test, and you only really need 5 or 6 tests over the course of a year, possible fewer. If you want a more personalized experience you can pay Dr. Gominak to consult with her at about $180 per session. I haven't used that service, but feel that I'm getting the benefit of her expertise both through the website, and her eBook.

Gman86

I've also had insomnia for a long long time, in varying degrees, and used sleep meds for 12 years until going off them cold turkey two years ago. I've done ok, but recently I found some great information about Vitamin D deficiency and lack of deep sleep. DrGominak.com is a great website to check out. Dr. Gominak is a neurologist who started paying attention to sleep deficiencies in her patients and that led her down the path of Vit D deficiency. In essence, she is suggesting that you have your blood tested for Vit D and Vit B12 to get a baseline level, then begin supplementing as needed to increase those levels to the point where your body has the proper raw materials to induce deep sleep/sleep paralysis, which is required for the body to make needed repairs. I would recommend the $25 eBook she sells which outlines her suggested regimen, and then the supplements you take are a minimal investment. The biggest cost is the needed periodic blood tests you need to make sure your Vit D levels are within range, and those can be purchased either at Discounted Labs, or any number of online lab companies. Those tests will only cost $35-50 per test, and you only really need 5 or 6 tests over the course of a year, possible fewer. If you want a more personalized experience you can pay Dr. Gominak to consult with her at about $180 per session. I haven't used that service, but feel that I'm getting the benefit of her expertise both through the website, and her eBook.

How much vitamin D are you currently taking per day, and have you noticed any slee benefits from supplementing vit D?

Appassionato

How much vitamin D are you currently taking per day, and have you noticed any slee benefits from supplementing vit D?

I brought my vitamin D level above 50 with 5000 IU per day from 23 pre-supplementation and my sleep is still terrible.
Also be sure to take it in the morning, because high dose vitamin D is stimulating for many people.

I've ordered some full spectrum CBD oil as suggested in another topic from Lazarus Natural and I truly hope that will work. Every single supplement tried until now has failed and I don't want to touch sleeping meds. I would rather suffer insomnia for the rest of my life than touching that junk.

Gman86

I brought my vitamin D level above 50 with 5000 IU per day from 23 pre-supplementation and my sleep is still terrible.
Also be sure to take it in the morning, because high dose vitamin D is stimulating for many people.

I've ordered some full spectrum CBD oil as suggested in another topic from Lazarus Natural and I truly hope that will work. Every single supplement tried until now has failed and I don't want to touch sleeping meds. I would rather suffer insomnia for the rest of my life than touching that junk.

Smart man. Sedation and sleep are not the same thing. I hope the CBD oil works for you. I’ve heard very good things in regards to people using full spectrum CBD for sleep issues.

The best things I’ve found for sleep is taking magnesium before bed, and wearing blue + green light blocking glasses 2-3 hours prior to bed. Also getting sunlight in my eyes in the am has helped a lot. And working out that day helps as well.

Appassionato

Smart man. Sedation and sleep are not the same thing. I hope the CBD oil works for you. I’ve heard very good things in regards to people using full spectrum CBD for sleep issues.

The best things I’ve found for sleep is taking magnesium before bed, and wearing blue + green light blocking glasses 2-3 hours prior to bed. Also getting sunlight in my eyes in the am has helped a lot. And working out that day helps as well.

Tried everything. In my case is not a melatonin depletion problem.
I used to be in front of TV and computers 5 minutes before falling asleep with no issues.
But my problem was waking up in the middle of the night multiple times.
I've taken melatonin in many different versions, extended and immediate release, low and high doses. It just makes me groggy the day after and has a rebound effect when stopped.

In my case it's more about anxiety and stopping my mind from thinking.
I truly hope CBD oil will work, because I've run out of options.

Gman86

Tried everything. In my case is not a melatonin depletion problem.
I used to be in front of TV and computers 5 minutes before falling asleep with no issues.
But my problem was waking up in the middle of the night multiple times.
I've taken melatonin in many different versions, extended and immediate release, low and high doses. It just makes me groggy the day after and has a rebound effect when stopped.

In my case it's more about anxiety and stopping my mind from thinking.
I truly hope CBD oil will work, because I've run out of options.

I hope it works for you too. How’s your libido? For me, when my libido is low, I drive myself crazy thinking about stuff before bed and have a much harder time falling asleep. The higher my libido the easier it is to fall asleep, due to the fact that all I’m thinking about prior to bed is sex, which just makes me pass out super quick for whatever reason probably because it’s happy thoughts and distracts me from thinking about stressful things. Although, part of it could be due to maybe being dialed in more when libido is higher, and not being as dialed in when libido is low, and the improved sleep might be due to overall hormones being more in balance. But I’ve tested it without fail, and 100% for me sleep is much better when libido is better.

Appassionato

I hope it works for you too. How’s your libido? For me, when my libido is low, I drive myself crazy thinking about stuff before bed and have a much harder time falling asleep. The higher my libido the easier it is to fall asleep, due to the fact that all I’m thinking about prior to bed is sex, which just makes me pass out super quick for whatever reason probably because it’s happy thoughts and distracts me from thinking about stressful things. Although, part of it could be due to maybe being dialed in more when libido is higher, and not being as dialed in when libido is low, and the improved sleep might be due to overall hormones being more in balance. But I’ve tested it without fail, and 100% for me sleep is much better when libido is better.

Yeah I think it's due to the fact your hormones are at best, so better libido equals better sleep.
I do think my sleep issues are hormonal.
I've been sleeping terribly before and after TRT, and actually insomnia was the ringing bell that made me found out about my low T.
The only period I've been sleeping well is a couple of years ago when I went off clomid and anastrazole, but then I was really tired during the day anyway, due to a lack of androgens.
The benefit from TRT is that I can manage to get through the day and get work done even with 3-4 hours sleep.
Before TRT that would have required taking a day off from work.

growing4skin

Currently, I'm taking 6,000 IU/Day. The SleepRight program I'm following from Dr. Stasha Gominak, DrGominak.com helps you raise your Vit D levels to between 60-80. At this level, your body starts to heal your sleep switches which help to place you into a deeper sleep. You get baseline Vit D and B 12 levels, then you begin to increase those blood levels if you are below 60-80. I was taking 6,000, then 11,000, then 13,000 IU/day, increasing the level of Vit D3 as I received my OH25 Vit D levels. I used Dr. Gominak's calculation method to determine what I needed to take to increase my serum D3. The OH25 D3 tests were done monthly, with dosing titrated according to past and present blood levels and D3 intake. My last D3 level came in at 84, so I cut my dose down to 6,000 IU a day, and I'm hoping my next test will come back in the 60-80 range. Each person has a highly individual response to supplementation of Vit D, so you need to pay attention to it. The goal is to find your sweet spot and stay within range. Because lack of deep sleep will defer needed repairs to the body, once you increase your D3 levels to within range, 4 specific species of gut biome that depend on a steady supply of D3 will begin to flourish and to produce all 8 of the B vitamins, which then supply the raw substrate needed to increase your deep sleep. It can take a long time to heal what might have been a decades old struggle with sleep deprivation.
At one month into having my D3 levels within range, I'm starting to notice subtle, but steady changes in my sleep patterns. For example, I typically will get up 1 or 2 times a night to void, but I'm finding there are more nights where I don't get up at all. I'm still somewhat restless, but not to the point where I am wide away and can't ignore the call of nature. Interestingly, Dr. Gominak says that studies have shown that as Vit D levels decrease in older men, size of the prostate increases. Of course, BPH is a major cause of frequent urinary urges at night. She also says that one of the deep sleep switches in the brain tells the body to produce anti-diuretic hormone, which decreases urine production and allows the body to be in a deep sleep state longer without the need to urinate frequently.
Another deep sleep switch utilizes Vit B5, pantothenic acid (she does not recommend taking B5 on it's own), which is a substrate for the body to create acetylcholine, which helps paralyze the muscles during deep sleep; a vital part of reaching the repair zone. ACH, acetylcholine, is also responsible for many activities in the body including regulating heart rate and blood pressure.
I think it's fascinating. I'm going to follow my Vit D levels for the next year to see if it makes a difference. Check out her website for some great info about Vit D3, deep sleep, and host of other issues.

Gman86

Currently, I'm taking 6,000 IU/Day. The SleepRight program I'm following from Dr. Stasha Gominak, DrGominak.com helps you raise your Vit D levels to between 60-80. At this level, your body starts to heal your sleep switches which help to place you into a deeper sleep. You get baseline Vit D and B 12 levels, then you begin to increase those blood levels if you are below 60-80. I was taking 6,000, then 11,000, then 13,000 IU/day, increasing the level of Vit D3 as I received my OH25 Vit D levels. I used Dr. Gominak's calculation method to determine what I needed to take to increase my serum D3. The OH25 D3 tests were done monthly, with dosing titrated according to past and present blood levels and D3 intake. My last D3 level came in at 84, so I cut my dose down to 6,000 IU a day, and I'm hoping my next test will come back in the 60-80 range. Each person has a highly individual response to supplementation of Vit D, so you need to pay attention to it. The goal is to find your sweet spot and stay within range. Because lack of deep sleep will defer needed repairs to the body, once you increase your D3 levels to within range, 4 specific species of gut biome that depend on a steady supply of D3 will begin to flourish and to produce all 8 of the B vitamins, which then supply the raw substrate needed to increase your deep sleep. It can take a long time to heal what might have been a decades old struggle with sleep deprivation.
At one month into having my D3 levels within range, I'm starting to notice subtle, but steady changes in my sleep patterns. For example, I typically will get up 1 or 2 times a night to void, but I'm finding there are more nights where I don't get up at all. I'm still somewhat restless, but not to the point where I am wide away and can't ignore the call of nature. Interestingly, Dr. Gominak says that studies have shown that as Vit D levels decrease in older men, size of the prostate increases. Of course, BPH is a major cause of frequent urinary urges at night. She also says that one of the deep sleep switches in the brain tells the body to produce anti-diuretic hormone, which decreases urine production and allows the body to be in a deep sleep state longer without the need to urinate frequently.
Another deep sleep switch utilizes Vit B5, pantothenic acid (she does not recommend taking B5 on it's own), which is a substrate for the body to create acetylcholine, which helps paralyze the muscles during deep sleep; a vital part of reaching the repair zone. ACH, acetylcholine, is also responsible for many activities in the body including regulating heart rate and blood pressure.
I think it's fascinating. I'm going to follow my Vit D levels for the next year to see if it makes a difference. Check out her website for some great info about Vit D3, deep sleep, and host of other issues.

Awesome info. Thanks for posting. What I’ve found, over the years, from taking vitamin D, is that if I take 5k iu’s, it roughly equates to a level of 50. If I take 6k iu’s, it usually equates to a level around 60. You get the point. But that’s been my experience, at least.

Also, if raising b12 and b5 is important, look into desiccated beef liver capsules. Beef liver is natures multivitamin. Has all the b vitamins, and is one of the highest sources of b12 on the planet. Think it’s 2nd to only clams. It’s been a great addition to my health. Almost everyone should be taking it, imo. Also, egg yolks are a great source of b5. Ive been eating about 4 raw eggs per day for a little over a month now. Then I’ll eat 3 eggs, but just the whites, and usually cook them. If you don’t want to do raw eggs like me, you can just leave the yolks as runny as possible.

But definitely look into magnesium before bed, and improving your sleep hygiene habits. I had an ex that was taking trazodone for 10 years to sleep. She was able to come off of it completely just by taking magnesium before bed. It’s just a mineral, but don’t underestimate its benefits.

Blublox.com is currently offering 25% off for Black Friday. I HIGHLY suggest you take advantage and pick up both their blue blocking glasses, and their face mask. No offense, but complaining about sleep issues, when you’re not implementing blue blocking glasses before bed, is like telling your girl she looks fat and then being confused why she slapped you. Why would your body want to go to sleep, and/ or stay asleep, when it thinks it’s daytime? Again no offense lol. But do yourself a favor and at least pickup a pair of the glasses. One of the best investments I’ve ever made for not only sleep, but overall health in general. Sleep is #1 when it comes to health.

Last edited:

Gman86

Also, if but biome is very important for sleep, check out this video that just got put out. Very informative stuff about gut biome and the importance of probiotic foods.

Ronnny

Also, if but biome is very important for sleep, check out this video that just got put out. Very informative stuff about gut biome and the importance of probiotic foods.

I have been taking probiotic regularly. Vitamin 12 and Vitamin D optimal. Also take magnesium and some other vitamin supplement. I agree with you probiotic is very important.

Ronnny

Over the counter sleeping pill like which is basically Antihistamin 100mg works for me to fall in sleep but next day I wake up too sleepy and drowsy.Too less does not help. Plus taking regular antihistamin impacts hormon level also I believe (reduces testosterone level).

Tried 800mg magnesium with melatonin also, did not help.

Diphenhydramine HCL 25mg ( Antihistamin)

Gman86

I have been taking probiotic regularly. Vitamin 12 and Vitamin D optimal. Also take magnesium and some other vitamin supplement. I agree with you probiotic is very important.

Make sure to watch the video. According to the gut biome guy, he says in his experience prebiotics have been more effective at improving gut flora over the long term. I have to start implementing some of the foods he mentioned. I’ve been so focused on the probiotics, that I’ve kind of neglected probiotic foods in my diet

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me