How to increase dopamine?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Willyt

Couple of questions about increasing dopamine via supplements:

1. Do you recommend N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT) or L-Tyrosine?
2. Should Mucuna Pruriens (l-dopa) be taken with tyrosine?
3. What are conservative starting dose levels?
4. Any favorite brands?
5. Is there a need to cycle on and off dopamine-related supplements?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fernando Almaguer

Couple of questions about increasing dopamine via supplements:

1. Do you recommend N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT) or L-Tyrosine?
2. Should Mucuna Pruriens (l-dopa) be taken with tyrosine?
3. What are conservative starting dose levels?
4. Any favorite brands?
5. Is there a need to cycle on and off dopamine-related supplements?
I would look at Andrew Hubermans podcast all about newest science related tools and protocols for increasing dopamine. He does recommend cycling the tyrosine and mucuna purines so as not to mess with natural production too much.

Fernando Almaguer

This thread isn't complete without a mention of selegiline, aka L-deprenyl. It gives you higher dopamine and possible anti-aging effects. Quoting this article:

Selegiline is a MAO-B inhibitor (in regular doses), it inhibits the enzyme monoamine oxidase type B that oxidizes dopamine, [and] as a result the user keeps a higher level of dopamine. ...
Selegiline (Deprenyl) provides selective protection against the age-related degeneration of the dopaminergic nervous system. It protects sensitive dopamine-containing neurons from the age-associated increases in glial cells (non-neuron brain cells) and the monoamine oxidase (type B) that they contain. Selegiline is the first selective inhibitor of MAO-B ever discovered, it is the only one used in clinical practice, and it remains the scientific reference standard for B-type inhibition after more than 40 years.
Although the long-term use of Selegiline in normal people as a life-extension and cognitive-enhancing drug has yet to be definitively studied, animal research is extensive. Age-associated decrease in sexual performance and hunger drive in rodents (a dopaminergic function) is dramatically inhibited.
The lifespan studies of Selegiline in rodents is equally dramatic—all of the control rats die before the first Selegiline-treated rat dies.
The life-extending influence of Selegiline is not mediated through a food-restriction mechanism. Selegiline -treated animals maintain body weight better than control animals.
Where do we get this stuff?

xcpatr922

Check your ferritin. Low ferritin cause low dopamine. Iron supplement can help. Also hcg injections helps

Very good information. No wonder if low in Ferritin, sleep is bad

All great input, thank you! So who has a good dopamine detox/receptor reset strategy, schedule, plan that worked for them and can share?

I've taken Dixie's advice for years but I want to emphasize when having a feeling of having more grateful, seems like every day is dopamine days/thanksgiving days. Every morning we can breath fully we feel grateful; now with T injection every day I'm smiling as everyday I've good erection without doing anything :) and being around beautiful girls everyday is also a turbo boost for me.

DixieWrecked

Very good information. No wonder if low in Ferritin, sleep is bad

I've taken Dixie's advice for years but I want to emphasize when having a feeling of having more grateful, seems like every day is dopamine days/thanksgiving days. Every morning we can breath fully we feel grateful; now with T injection every day I'm smiling as everyday I've good erection without doing anything :) and being around beautiful girls everyday is also a turbo boost for me.
Mindset is definitely huge. This post actually just reminded me of that. Instead of trying to find happiness, making a concerted effort to be happy with the blessings we have. Perception is reality. Happiness is a mindset.

Checkdis

This may sound silly but is Selegiline similar in a sense to MDMA (Molly). I miss my rave days sometimes and ever since experimenting with MDMA I have always wanted to feel that happy and outgoing in real life, not in a burst lol. If Selegiline is just a moderate version of this I wouldn’t mind trying it out. I do sense people bashing me for this comment lol.

DixieWrecked

This may sound silly but is Selegiline similar in a sense to MDMA (Molly). I miss my rave days sometimes and ever since experimenting with MDMA I have always wanted to feel that happy and outgoing in real life, not in a burst lol. If Selegiline is just a moderate version of this I wouldn’t mind trying it out. I do sense people bashing me for this comment lol.
No hate man. I actually ordered some from all day chemist. Excited to try it out

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It's certainly moderate and not usually subject to abuse. But this reminds me that the drug can create amphetamine-related metabolites (levomethamphetamine and levoamphetamine). Wiki says that because of this it's possible to test positive on a drug screening test. So if you are subject to such screening then you should probably pass on self-prescribing and find a cooperative doctor instead.

MIP1950

It's certainly moderate and not usually subject to abuse. But this reminds me that the drug can create amphetamine-related metabolites (levomethamphetamine and levoamphetamine). Wiki says that because of this it's possible to test positive on a drug screening test. So if you are subject to such screening then you should probably pass on self-prescribing and find a cooperative doctor instead.

An interview with the late Alexander Shulgin, PhD, who synthesized MDMA. It appears that in the next two years, the FDA will approve it for use for PTSD and hopefully, other psychiatric illnesses. 17 years of treatment resistant bipolar have left me exhausted and barely functional. Psychedelics have the possibility of restoring the lives of many with illness and dysfunction, both psychiatric and psychological.

Last edited:

Checkdis

An interview with the late Alexander Shulgin, PhD, who synthesized MDMA. It appears that in the next two years, the FDA will approve it for use for PTSD and hopefully, other psychiatric illnesses. 17 years of treatment resistant bipolar have left me exhausted and barely functional. Psychedelics have the possibility of restoring the lives of many with illness and dysfunction, both psychiatric and psychological.
I can see something like this working if it is monitored and regulated correctly. If Selegiline can scratch the surface like MDMA it may be worth trying. My only concerns with these drugs is dependency. If I stopped cold turkey with Selegiline how would my body react? Also taking something like this for a lifetime might not be beneficial. The trick would be using it in a therapy and finding mechanisms to remap the brain so an individual would not be reliant.

MIP1950

I can see something like this working if it is monitored and regulated correctly. If Selegiline can scratch the surface like MDMA it may be worth trying. My only concerns with these drugs is dependency. If I stopped cold turkey with Selegiline how would my body react? Also taking something like this for a lifetime might not be beneficial. The trick would be using it in a therapy and finding mechanisms to remap the brain so an individual would not be reliant.
Not equating selegiline with MDMA. One is a dopamingeric antidepressant that has some unique properties, which is why it's used off label by some doctors. MDMA is a 'psychedilic' in tangential way. In another article, Shulgin explained that MDMA seems to reorganize the 'files' in our brains, removing clutter, allowing the user to understand themselves and others, more clearly, IIRC. Never tried any psychedelics and I wish I had. That's why I hope I'll have the opportunity to try MDMA or even LSD, when the FDA & DEA clear them for medical use. Too many people I know have suffered for decades with mood disorders and/or PTSD. Most psychiatric medications, if you can tolerate side effects, only help in a narrow fashion. They cure nothing and don't always improve one's ability to function. And many psych drugs dampen or kill your sex drive, in men and women.

Gman86

As far as I know selegiline is beneficial for aging, and should technically be overall beneficial to take for life. I think it’s considered one of the very few anti-aging drugs. Along with metformin and I think there might be one or two more, but not many. Pretty sure selegiline is considered one tho

Gman86

Do u still take selegiline?

Not equating selegiline with MDMA. One is a dopamingeric antidepressant that has some unique properties, which is why it's used off label by some doctors. MDMA is a 'psychedilic' in tangential way. In another article, Shulgin explained that MDMA seems to reorganize the 'files' in our brains, removing clutter, allowing the user to understand themselves and others, more clearly, IIRC. Never tried any psychedelics and I wish I had. That's why I hope I'll have the opportunity to try MDMA or even LSD, when the FDA & DEA clear them for medical use. Too many people I know have suffered for decades with mood disorders and/or PTSD. Most psychiatric medications, if you can tolerate side effects, only help in a narrow fashion. They cure nothing and don't always improve one's ability to function. And many psych drugs dampen or kill your sex drive, in men and women.
Fascinating. I have some PTSD and mood issues that I currently manage with aripiprazole and bupropion. I would love to give therapeutic MDMA a shot.

As far as I know selegiline is beneficial for aging, and should technically be overall beneficial to take for life. I think it’s considered one of the very few anti-aging drugs. Along with metformin and I think there might be one or two more, but not many. Pretty sure selegiline is considered one tho
This discussion has me very close to trying selegiline. Does anyone know if the Selgin from AllDayChemist is a good choice?

Checkdis

I am very tempted to trying Selegiline as well. I for the longest time have these weird light headed motion feelings which come and go for a few years now, prior to TRT/HRT and I truly believe it has to do with dopamine or something related to the brain. I literally cannot go on kid rides at the amusement park for my son because the motion is too extreme. Ever since I crashed my e2 years ago using AI’s I have been unable to kick this light headed feeling, I have just learned to live with it. It also comes with brain fog and hinders my ability to socialize as well. Everyone says it’s anxiety but I think different.

Does Defy prescribe Selegiline?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching