How does recovery anastrozole crashed E2 compare to aromasin?

Buy Lab Tests Online
A couple of weeks ago I decided to give anastrozole a shot and see how I felt after taking some, now that I'm on a higher T cyp dose (200mg/week). Well, I had erections galore for the first few days after taking .25mg, and then they subsided. I figured it must've worn off (it'd been nearly a week now), and took another .25mg. Boy was I wrong. The time I crashed my E2 using aromasin came back to me, as I was just anxious, antisocial, miserable, you name it. I haven't messed around with anything since.

It's been a week now since I last took an AI, and I'm feeling better, but no morning wood or anything. And definitely been more anxious still.

I also wanted to pin how I felt right after to bloodwork, and came back as:
TT 1231
FT 49.7
E2 9.1
(I think we can all see the problem here)

My question is - I've heard recovery from anastrozole is faster than aromasin (which took about 3 weeks to feel normal, and another 2-3 to get sexual function back). How much of a difference is there? I figure I'm looking at a few weeks at least, but glad I'm feeling this well now.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Between the two Anastrozole has more rebound, whatever than can mean but i always assumed that E would come up more quickly than with Aromasin.

What was the timing of that lab test, before or after your injection?

Between the two Anastrozole has more rebound, whatever than can mean but i always assumed that E would come up more quickly than with Aromasin.

What was the timing of that lab test, before or after your injection?

I've heard about the rebound too, but not many guys seem to have any verification of it. Just that it went back up. So who knows.

Lab test was before daily morning injection.

antelopers

I don't take Al anymore. I did crash my estrogen accidentally with both aromasin and arimidex when I used them though. With arimidex I'd feel better within a week. With the aromasin it felt like a good 3 weeks before feeling better. This is just my personal experience.

I've heard about the rebound too, but not many guys seem to have any verification of it. Just that it went back up. So who knows.

Lab test was before daily morning injection.

Remember that that's a trough number, E follows T, so you can be assured that 9 is not all that low considering where ever the "peak" might be.

When I've gone back and forth with Exemestane and Anastrozole I didn't see a rebound either way, I think Exem for me worked better but it threw all my lipids out of whack (suspected cause).

I don't take Al anymore. I did crash my estrogen accidentally with both aromasin and arimidex when I used them though. With arimidex I'd feel better within a week. With the aromasin it felt like a good 3 weeks before feeling better. This is just my personal experience.

I'm definitely feeling better but not perfect. And no sexual function :/

I will add that I've been having the same weirdly strong cravings for sweets I had the first time I crashed my E2.

Last edited:

Nomad

I personally have my doubts you crashed your estrogen on .25 anastrozle. The drug has a 45 hour half life. You most likely had restored erectile function the first few days while it peaked. Your estrogen is most likely high. You need labs.

I crave sweets with high e2

people that tend to crash their e2 are on very high doses of Anastrozle(like 2mg a week) and it takes a couple weeks for it to even clear the system.

roughly 48 hours after .25 you had .125mg 96 hours .060mg 144 hours .030mg
Within a week 200mg of testosterone is completely negating the effect of .25mg anastrozzle in even the most over of responders.

Last edited:

antelopers

I personally have my doubts you crashed your estrogen on .25 anastrozle. The drug has a 45 hour half life. You most likely had restored erectile function the first few days while it peaked. Your estrogen is most likely high. You need labs.

I crave sweets with high e2

people that tend to crash their e2 are on very high doses of Anastrozle(like 2mg a week) and it takes a couple weeks for it to even clear the system.

I crashed my e2 after two doses of .125mg Anastrozole spread 3 days apart.

antelopers

what was your testosterone dose?
and do you have labs?
I was taking 60mg e3d of cyp and 300iu e3d HCG. My total t was > 900 on both blood draws. Before the Anastrozole my e2 sensitive was 46.4. After 2 doses, a week later, my e2 sensitive was 5.1.

I didn't need ai but I still believed in that magic e2 range of 20-30 at the time. Also Anastrozole responses vary greatly. So it's not impossible at all that op crashed his e2 with .25.

Nomad

I was taking 60mg e3d of cyp and 300iu e3d HCG. My total t was > 900 on both blood draws. Before the Anastrozole my e2 sensitive was 46.4. After 2 doses, a week later, my e2 sensitive was 5.1.

I didn't need ai but I still believed in that magic e2 range of 20-30 at the time. Also Anastrozole responses vary greatly. So it's not impossible at all that op crashed his e2 with .25.

while he might have had a crash at .25, a week later when his testosterone dose is 200mg and his system armidex level was roughly .015mg I can assure his e2 is no longer crashed.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I've wondered about this too. It seems like the rebound concept would need to be based on extra aromatase: That is, lower estradiol triggering the creation of more aromatase. Does anyone know if that's a real thing? Otherwise I'd think there'd be a return to baseline estradiol rather than to an excess, assuming similar free testosterone.

Last edited:

Nomad

Aromasin is a suicidal inhibitor so in theory it should take longer to recover

aromasin has about a 24hr half life compared to a 48hr anastrozle half life. Even though it permanently binds and disables the Aromatse enzyme. while the initial onset and mechanism of action is harsher with aromasin it will clear the system twice as fast. If you naturally heavily aromatize or take a high weekly dose (200mg testosterone) you should in theory rebound faster.

personally, if had issues with my e2 crashing very easily I would most definitely look into a short ester testosterone like propionate, where you can double a dose and cause a spike a few days after you crash.

HealthMan

aromasin has about a 24hr half life compared to a 48hr anastrozle half life. Even though it permanently binds and disables the Aromatse enzyme. while the initial onset and mechanism of action is harsher with aromasin it will clear the system twice as fast. If you naturally heavily aromatize or take a high weekly dose (200mg testosterone) you should in theory rebound faster.

personally, if had issues with my e2 crashing very easily I would most definitely look into a short ester testosterone like propionate, where you can double a dose and cause a spike a few days after you crash.
Body needs to replace the aromatize enzymes. Not sure how long this takes. So that should be considered in addition to the half life of the drug

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me