How An Erection Works

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Screenshot (19834).png

In this video, Jonathan from the Institute of Human Anatomy discusses the mechanism behind human erections.
  • 00:00 Erectile function is crucial for reproduction, and understanding its mechanisms is essential, especially for addressing erectile dysfunction.
  • 01:16 Stimulation for initiating erections can be psychological or tactile, with the most sensitive area being the glans penis, which triggers a reflexive response.
  • 03:19 Erectile function primarily involves reflexive activation of the parasympathetic nervous system, which controls the smooth muscle of the penis.
  • 04:03 Testosterone plays a significant role in erectile function, affecting libido and overall sexual health.
  • 07:53 ⚡ Nitric oxide release in erectile tissues causes vasodilation, increasing blood flow and facilitating erection.
The pudendal nerve plays a significant role in erectile function. It carries autonomic, sensory, and motor fibers to the genital region, regulating erectile and ejaculatory functions. Pudendal neuralgia can lead to sexual dysfunctions, including erectile dysfunction (ED), premature ejaculation, and persistent genital arousal disorder. Studies have shown that pudendal nerve and/or artery entrapment is a reversible cause of multiple sexual dysfunctions, and interventions such as anesthetic injections, neurolysis, and decompression have been reported as potential treatment modalities[1][2]. Additionally, there is evidence that pudendal canal decompression can improve erectile dysfunction caused by pudendal canal syndrome[3]. Therefore, the pudendal nerve is closely associated with erectile function, and its entrapment or dysfunction can lead to various sexual dysfunctions, including ED.

Citations:
[1] Sexual dysfunction due to pudendal neuralgia: a systematic review
[2] Sexual dysfunction due to pudendal neuralgia: a systematic review - Aoun - Translational Andrology and Urology
[3] Pudendal canal decompression in the treatment of erectile dysfunction - PubMed
[4] Successful Treatment of Penile Numbness and Erectile Dysfunction Resulting From Pudendal Nerve Entrapment
[5] Erectile Dysfunction Secondary to Pudendal Nerve Injury Complicating Orthopedic Surgery: Practical Recommandations | Naouar | Journal of Current Surgery

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator

DorianGray

Great stuff!

It's really a miracle of nature to get an erection! So many variables!

I am 100% sure that my S1-S2 diskectomy screwed up my erections.

Note: Letsgetchecked testosterone tests are not as accurate as LC/MS testosterone tests.
Indeed. Most people take for granted the functions performed in some of our body parts are enabled by nerves smaller than a human hair. Cellular and vascular functions grinding out their jobs to feed them and here we are wondering why they don't work the same after 70 years.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me