Help with HCG and Anastrozole dosage

Buy Lab Tests Online

jonathanb408

Below are the blood test results of just about 2 years of using HCG that I have been tracking in Google Docs.

I have secondary hypogonadism and am currently taking 1000IU HCG on M/W/F (3x per week) and 1mg Anastrozole 5x per week (so 5 mg per week!) on every day except for Monday and Friday.

I think that this is too much. I feel OK, but not fantastic. It seems that my doctor has been using the wrong Estradiol test (not the ultrasensitive one via Quest). How should I (or should I dial back at all) with the AI before taking the ultrasensitive test next week? Thanks in advance!!

1534972429462.png

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jonathanb408

I wouldn't change anything until after you have your labs, then adjust your AI.
Thanks, Vince. I will wait to see what the labs say before making any changes.

What do you know about the difference between the regular and sensitive estradiol test? Also, what is a typical AI dose for this amount of HCG? Thanks!!

Vince

Super Moderator
There is no typical dose, it's completely different for everyone. Usually the sensitive test runs lower and I believe it would be lower in your case. Remember it's not a Sprint but a marathon when it comes to balancing your levels.

Blackhawk

Estradiol less than 2 by sensitive or non sensitive test methodology is dangerous. Risks include bone loss, cardiovascular damage and increase in all cause mortality. Your estradiol is in the gutter. The anastrozole dose is ludicrous. I wish I had the time right now to provide you references/links regarding these issues.

jonathanb408

Estradiol less than 2 by sensitive or non sensitive test methodology is dangerous. Risks include bone loss, cardiovascular damage and increase in all cause mortality. Your estradiol is in the gutter. The anastrozole dose is ludicrous. I wish I had the time right now to provide you references/links regarding these issues.
The estradiol less than two was prior to taking any medication at all. I started the AI recently, as shown in the screenshot.

But yes, the AI dose is very high.

Blackhawk

Hey, really sorry I read your chart backwards in terms of date. I see your more recent measurements are significantly up. Please disregard my comment about E2 less than 2 related to your current circumstance.

Still the anastrazole dose is huge. I needed to bring my E2 sensitive down about 10 points and have been successful on 0.0625mg QOD which is 0.22mg a week. Of course everyone is different and YMMV.

And, echo Vince on the LC/MS E2 sensitive test. High doses of anastrozole prescribed based on the non sensitive test have caused E2 to crash for many men on this forum.

Last edited:

jonathanb408

Hey, really sorry I read your chart backwards in terms of date. I see your more recent measurements are significantly up. Please disregard my comment about E2 less than 2 related to your current circumstance.

Still the anastrazole dose is huge. I needed to bring my E2 sensitive down about 10 points and have been successful on 0.0625mg QOD which is 0.22mg a week. Of course everyone is different and YMMV.

And, echo Vince on the LC/MS E2 sensitive test. High doses of anastrozole prescribed based on the non sensitive test have caused E2 to crash for many men on this forum.

No worries. :) It's a little hard to read. I've made some changes on my end, because it was hard for me sometimes!

I am going to hold out with this dose, even though I don't feel fantastic, and then see what the blood tests say with the more sensitive test.
Still a huge AI dose but too that much stim to the testes probably spurs a lot of aromatase as well which I think shows in the still pulling an Estrogen as high as it is and the 5mg. I agree need the sensitive test.
Exactly my thoughts. Going to get that test done ASAP!

After I get these tests done, I want to try and find a more competent endo or doctor. Any good ones in the San Francisco Bay Area??

Thinking that I should maybe try something other than HCG monotherapy as well. Probably a lot easier to control side effects. If I have secondary hypogonadism and I switch to the more common protocol of test, HCG, and small doses of Anastrozole I would remain fertile, correct? Thanks, all!

Last edited:

Checkdis

5mg of an AI is crazy high in my honest opinion. If you are taking 5mg and you estradiol is still high then I guess so be it. But I thought rule of thumb for estradiol sensitive is just minus 10... so mine was 57 at one point, and my sensitive was 46. It’s a ball park range but just minus 10 from what my doctor told me.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me