Have any of you dealt with prolactin issues?

Buy Lab Tests Online

equel

Dude I swear Ive had the exact same question in my mind these past 2 weeks. As Im now for the first time being able to use high dose testosterone without AI and have great erections.

Difference? This time im using 300mg of vitamin b6 a day, which reduce prolactin. Im typically high prolactin, like 25 on range 6 - 15.

I also look way less bloated than usual.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

trtthings

Dude I swear Ive had the exact same question in my mind these past 2 weeks. As Im now for the first time being able to use high dose testosterone without AI and have great erections.

Difference? This time im using 300mg of vitamin b6 a day, which reduce prolactin. Im typically high prolactin, like 25 on range 6 - 15.

Are you using B6 or P5P? And which brand out of curiosity? And have you had a test while on it?

equel

Are you using B6 or P5P? And which brand out of curiosity? And have you had a test while on it?

b6, 300mg per day, as in the study showing a great reduction in prolactin using that dosage. 100mg 3 times a day.

Some random swedish brand.

No I did not, however, about 7-10 days after starting using it my energy is WAY HIGHER and I get GREAT erections on TRT, something ive never ever had in 3 years time, tried all kinds of AI protocols.

Now, they rock solid and my energy is super good, almost too high.

Ive always had prolactin around 25, range 7-15 or whatever, i never thought that could be the culprit of my shit libido and noodle cock, i always thought it was too high or low e2 .. NOPE, prolactin, and it now - after 3 years - seem to be solved.

Try it out, hugely HUGELY recommend.

trtthings

b6, 300mg per day, as in the study showing a great reduction in prolactin using that dosage. 100mg 3 times a day.

Some random swedish brand.

No I did not, however, about 7-10 days after starting using it my energy is WAY HIGHER and I get GREAT erections on TRT, something ive never ever had in 3 years time, tried all kinds of AI protocols.

Now, they rock solid and my energy is super good, almost too high.

Ive always had prolactin around 25, range 7-15 or whatever, i never thought that could be the culprit of my shit libido and noodle cock, i always thought it was too high or low e2 .. NOPE, prolactin, and it now - after 3 years - seem to be solved.

Try it out, hugely HUGELY recommend.

Alright, I'll buy that, and my interest is piqued.

My morning wood goes from zero to granite hard with a hefty dose of anastrozole. E2 stimulates prolactin secretion.

trtthings

@Cataceous

Have you considered L-Tyrosine (dopamine precursor) for PRL?

Been considering L-Tyrosine + 5-HTP lately (5-HTP of course aggrevating PRL issues but I'm thinking about mental health as well).

Cataceous

Super Moderator
@Cataceous

Have you considered L-Tyrosine (dopamine precursor) for PRL?

Been considering L-Tyrosine + 5-HTP lately (5-HTP of course aggrevating PRL issues but I'm thinking about mental health as well).
I've supplemented with a little L-tyrosine for some years now. It certainly didn't prevent the rise in prolactin. I'd be cautious with 5-HTP. Even too much of its precursor, L-tryptophan, gave me problems that in hindsight were from higher prolactin. The chain is L-tryptophan -> 5-HTP -> serotonin. And "Serotonin potently increases prolactin and there is a very good correlation between prolactin and serotonin."[R] Furthermore, taking 5-HTP bypasses an upstream rate-limiting step, making it easier to overdose.

trtthings

I've supplemented with a little L-tyrosine for some years now. It certainly didn't prevent the rise in prolactin. I'd be cautious with 5-HTP. Even too much of its precursor, L-tryptophan, gave me problems that in hindsight were from higher prolactin. The chain is L-tryptophan -> 5-HTP -> serotonin. And "Serotonin potently increases prolactin and there is a very good correlation between prolactin and serotonin."[R] Furthermore, taking 5-HTP bypasses an upstream rate-limiting step, making it easier to overdose.

Right, I know of the issue.. if you read some of the literature on it they suggest that you never supplement 5-HTP without Tyrosine as it will deplete your dopamine & norepinephrine.

I need to boost my mood / get rid of irritability, I was hoping 5-HTP would help there and that L-Tyrosine would help stave off a sharp rise in PRL. I've seen some papers using a lot higher dosage of Tyrosine than 5-HTP split up over the day. Even as high as 1g per 10kg/bodyweight.

Edit: I should probably get a E2/PRL reading to get a baseline on test cyp before attempting.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I need to boost my mood / get rid of irritability, ...
I did have a problem with irritability that improved over time with supplements, etc. I can't firmly identify which particular item or combination is responsible. The list of candidates includes N-acetyl L-tyrosine, L-tryptophan, lithium orotate, phenylethylamine and selegiline. I take relatively small doses because of concerns about supraphysiological levels of anything, and also because the lower amounts are still effective.

trtthings

I did have a problem with irritability that improved over time with supplements, etc. I can't firmly identify which particular item or combination is responsible. The list of candidates includes N-acetyl L-tyrosine, L-tryptophan, lithium orotate, phenylethylamine and selegiline. I take relatively small doses because of concerns about supraphysiological levels of anything, and also because the lower amounts are still effective.

Thanks that's encouraging to hear.

I find this study to be of interest: 5-HTP efficacy and contraindications

You can see that they have an extraordinary variance in the dosing of 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine, with emphasis on there being a proper balance. This might be very hard to figure out without any sort of testing, but the principle of "start low, go slow" and experimenting a bit might work.

I'll keep these in mind, as well as Cabergoline and T3.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I'll keep these in mind, as well as Cabergoline and T3.
I forgot to add progesterone to my list. I found that supplementation causes a noticeable improvement in mood. Under TRT progesterone is frequently suppressed. You should measure your level, and if low consider a trial with it.

antelopers

Alright, I'll buy that, and my interest is piqued.

My morning wood goes from zero to granite hard with a hefty dose of anastrozole. E2 stimulates prolactin secretion.
Consider P5P. Its the coenzyme form of B6. I'm taking 50mg a day with great results and no sides. Higher doses of regular B6 can cause issues for some that are less common in the P5P version. 100mg a day is enough for guys taking moderate doses of tren, so unless you have a prolactinoma, start at 50mg and it should treat you well. There is evidence Vitamin E helps as well, I'm taking 400iu of d-alpha and mixed tocopherols.

trtthings

I forgot to add progesterone to my list. I found that supplementation causes a noticeable improvement in mood. Under TRT progesterone is frequently suppressed. You should measure your level, and if low consider a trial with it.

I have one pre-TRT test where the ref range was 0.9 - 6.6 (nmol/L) and I came in at 2.6. Impossible to say where it's at now, maybe suppressed from the TRT as you say.

This was early morning too, so presumably peak (without having read about it).

You prefer progesterone supplementation over pregnenolone?

I never completely looked into either but I have pregnenolone tabs here at home. I remember John Crisler used to speak out against prog. supplementation but I can't recall the reasoning.

Edit: Forgot to add the question. Where do you aim for your progesterone level to sit at?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
You prefer progesterone supplementation over pregnenolone?

I never completely looked into either but I have pregnenolone tabs here at home. I remember John Crisler used to speak out against prog. supplementation but I can't recall the reasoning.

Edit: Forgot to add the question. Where do you aim for your progesterone level to sit at?
I have tried pregnenolone supplementation a few times and never liked how I felt on it. It seemed to increase my anxiety. It was about the opposite of my experience with progesterone.

Yes, Crisler used to claim that progesterone is feminizing in men. I doubt this is the case when levels are kept physiological.

I aim for mid-range on the LabCorp test I use. Most recently it was 0.3 ng/mL (0.0-0.5).

trtthings

I have tried pregnenolone supplementation a few times and never liked how I felt on it. It seemed to increase my anxiety. It was about the opposite of my experience with progesterone.

Yes, Crisler used to claim that progesterone is feminizing in men. I doubt this is the case when levels are kept physiological.

I aim for mid-range on the LabCorp test I use. Most recently it was 0.3 ng/mL (0.0-0.5).

Ahh okay. And how do you dose your progesterone?

I must be messing up the conversion because I sat at 0.8 ng/ml if the converter works. The reference range also seems wrong, even though I'm aware that it varies between labs.

mairomaster

Consider P5P. Its the coenzyme form of B6. I'm taking 50mg a day with great results and no sides. Higher doses of regular B6 can cause issues for some that are less common in the P5P version. 100mg a day is enough for guys taking moderate doses of tren, so unless you have a prolactinoma, start at 50mg and it should treat you well. There is evidence Vitamin E helps as well, I'm taking 400iu of d-alpha and mixed tocopherols.

I've been having high prolactin for many months now. It's constantly between 25 and 30 ng/mL. Since Caber is known to have some nasty side effects + being expensive and not suitable for long term use, I decided to try supplementation.

I've been taking P5P 50 mg/day + d-alpha Vitamin E 400 IU/day for 6 weeks now. I just ran bloods and my Prolactin came at 28 ng/mL. So those 2 supplements didn't help me at all. I should say that I always stop ejaculating 2 days before the test to avoid Prolactin spikes.

I know it helps some people, but it certainly didn't have any effect with me so far. I will continue taking those for another 6 weeks and I will run bloods again, just to have a second reference.

I'm not sure what's causing my high Prolactin. It was on the high side, around 18 ng/mL even before starting TRT. One theory at the moment is that it could be from the Nandrolone I'm taking, although 150 mg/week doesn't seem to be a big dose compared to what guys doing steroids take, so I'm not sure if that dose can cause such Prolactin increase.

trtthings

I've been having high prolactin for many months now. It's constantly between 25 and 30 ng/mL. Since Caber is known to have some nasty side effects + being expensive and not suitable for long term use, I decided to try supplementation.

I've been taking P5P 50 mg/day + d-alpha Vitamin E 400 IU/day for 6 weeks now. I just ran bloods and my Prolactin came at 28 ng/mL. So those 2 supplements didn't help me at all. I should say that I always stop ejaculating 2 days before the test to avoid Prolactin spikes.

I know it helps some people, but it certainly didn't have any effect with me so far. I will continue taking those for another 6 weeks and I will run bloods again, just to have a second reference.

I'm not sure what's causing my high Prolactin. It was on the high side, around 18 ng/mL even before starting TRT. One theory at the moment is that it could be from the Nandrolone I'm taking, although 150 mg/week doesn't seem to be a big dose compared to what guys doing steroids take, so I'm not sure if that dose can cause such Prolactin increase.

It's noteworthy that 50mg might not be a large dose. I'm aware that P5P is not the same as B6, but here you see them take 400-600mg daily of B6: Pyridoxal Phosphate Inhibits Pituitary Cell Proliferation And Hormone Secretion

(PDF) The Role of Vitamin B6 in Reducing Serum Prolactin in Comparison to Cabergoline - 300mg in 3 divided doses here

But I also think if you're not willing to try Caber that either L-Tyrosine or L-Dopa would be worth a shot. But be aware that going overboard can deplete serotonin.

Edit: After reading your protocol, both your total T and E2 are very high. E2 stimulates PRL secretion, you might want to look into lowering that (through T dosage or other ways).

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Ahh okay. And how do you dose your progesterone?

I must be messing up the conversion because I sat at 0.8 ng/ml if the converter works. The reference range also seems wrong, even though I'm aware that it varies between labs.
I inject 600 mcg daily before bed.

The reference ranges for progesterone do seem to be lab-dependent. The LabCorp range is much lower than some others.

mairomaster

It's noteworthy that 50mg might not be a large dose. I'm aware that P5P is not the same as B6, but here you see them take 400-600mg daily of B6: Pyridoxal Phosphate Inhibits Pituitary Cell Proliferation And Hormone Secretion

(PDF) The Role of Vitamin B6 in Reducing Serum Prolactin in Comparison to Cabergoline - 300mg in 3 divided doses here

But I also think if you're not willing to try Caber that either L-Tyrosine or L-Dopa would be worth a shot. But be aware that going overboard can deplete serotonin.

Edit: After reading your protocol, both your total T and E2 are very high. E2 stimulates PRL secretion, you might want to look into lowering that (through T dosage or other ways).

I should have mentioned that I am also getting 25 mg of B6 additionally from my Multivitamin/ZMA and perhaps some more from my diet. Yes, still not even close to the quoted 400 - 600 mg dose, but as you earlier said it seems to be a dose people often have success with, especially when combined with d-alpha Vitamin E. To be honest, I haven't researched the topic too well, but I feel a bit uncomfortable taking huge doses of vitamin B/E for life. And I'm saying for life, because that's not really something that will just cure your high Prolactin, once you stop supplementing it will undoubtedly rise again. It's just not very financially friendly and might have some negative health effects in the long term.

Kind of the same story with Caber - it's expensive and it has some potentially shitty side effects as well, so definitely not a very viable solution long term.

Good remark about my E2 - it might as well be part of the problem at least. The problem is I really hate AI and I feel pretty good at this E2 level. It's not really causing me any problems. Regarding reducing the dose - I might try that at some point, or alternatively stopping the Nandrolone to see if it will make any difference. However, I am very active with sports and I really enjoy the recovery benefits of the higher dose. I've had terrible problems with recovery before TRT and even now the situation is not perfect. So I'm a bit afraid of reducing the dose to be honest.

DixieWrecked

Amazing. I've followed your posts for a while as you go back and forth with different people. I am so happy that you have found this solution.

DixieWrecked

what if all of these people that thought they were having E2 issues are actually really having prolactin issues and were inadvertently treating their problem with Arimidex. mind blown

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me