General getting off TRT question: When to start taking clomid/nolvadex? Immediately immediately after stopping, or waiting a week?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Eusung

Okay in my case it's nolvadex (30 tablets, each 20 mg).

If I were to get off the testosterone, would I just start taking the nolvadex immediately?

I just got my blood labs done, though I has no choice but to test literally 2 days after injecting 1 week's worth of testosterone. I had no choice because I was leaving Thailand.

Tested at: Testosterone: 2,477 ng/dl -last time I waited a full week after injection and tested at 780 ng/dl.

E2: 62 pg/ml - last time I tested at 35 pg/ml

Does E2, much like testosterone, skyrocket just days after injection? For example if I waited a few more days before getting this lab, would the E2 most likely have been drastically lower?

Should I start taking the nolvadex right away? I have 20 tablets, each 20mg. I will get blood labs done again in 3 or 4 weeks.

I don't have access to my previous labs, but I usually hovered around 900 to 1100 ng/dl with my E2 between 30 to 40 pg/ml.

Note: This is not a PCT, because I was never cycling. I was on TRT for 11 months. First 6 months Testosterone 100mg/week + HCG 500iu 2x/week + .125 mg/week arimidex. Then for the past 5 months just testosterone with a slight increase to 120 mg/week (to make up for no more HCG). No AI. No HCG. I was getting tired of having to deal with the HCG.

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 115
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
After the two-week "washout" period after your last testosterone injection. Once the exogenous T is out of your system (~2 weeks for T cyp).

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Is it better to do Nolvadex without hcg or with hcg?
Without. The hCG is suppressive and would work against the HPTA stimulation of tamoxifen. Better would have been to use hCG with TRT before switching to the SERM. Having the testicles already active is supposed to reduce recovery time.

cigpk

Without. The hCG is suppressive and would work against the HPTA stimulation of tamoxifen. Better would have been to use hCG with TRT before switching to the SERM. Having the testicles already active is supposed to reduce recovery time.
Got it. I’m currently on 20 mg of test-c and 315 iu Hcg eod. I’m considering trying a restart but can’t use clomid because it sky rockets my shbg

BigBamBoo

Me too, but after I talked them about it, I just decided to cold turkey.
Having another 4-6+ weeks on meds when I wanted to quite seemed wrong for me.

I seem to go through another “honeymoon phase” when stopping. About 3-4 weeks in I feel REALLY good.

Good luck to you.

Eusung

Thanks for the responses. So wait 2 weeks then, or just stopping...I'll wait and see how the next 10 days feel. I hope the past 5 or so months of no HCG wasn't enough to completely screw up my hormone system.

Just wondering - what is the drawback to taking the nolvadex/tamixofen before the exogenous testosterone is out of my system?

Now I wish I never stopped the HCG 5 months ago.

sh1973

In the decade or so I’ve been on these forums I’ve never seen anyone that didn’t return to baseline. You might feel like crap a few weeks but you will most likely go right back where you were. Basically you’re just wasting money and speeding up the side effects by taking either of those until the test clears your system. Honestly you might not need them at all because some guys just stop with nothing and do just fine.

Eusung

In the decade or so I’ve been on these forums I’ve never seen anyone that didn’t return to baseline. You might feel like crap a few weeks but you will most likely go right back where you were. Basically you’re just wasting money and speeding up the side effects by taking either of those until the test clears your system. Honestly you might not need them at all because some guys just stop with nothing and do just fine.
Thanks for the info. I already purchased the medicine, even though I wasn't sure if I was gonna take it or not because I don't know if I can get it in Korea.

Just wondering - if I go about it that way (not using the nolvadex) - what can I do about high E2 (62 pg/ml since my labs a few days ago)?

Will the estradiol work in the same way as the testosterone - just gradually go back to normal...in my case my E2 was in the 28 - 33 pg/ml range depending on which lab tested me (got tested at 3 different labs).

Last edited:

sh1973

The body will balance itself and go back to homeostasis without any intervention. You might feel like crap a couple weeks regardless of what route you take. Either way if you decide to go the tamoxifen route is wait the two weeks before starting just so it doesn’t complicate things and possibly make you feel worse.

sh1973

You can certainly do that. I’d do what your physician advises you. These medications are in theory administered to soften the landing and speed up your natural production. Some guys do fine doing nothing. Just like everything else with healthcare it’s all subjective.

cigpk

You can certainly do that. I’d do what your physician advises you. These medications are in theory administered to soften the landing and speed up your natural production. Some guys do fine doing nothing. Just like everything else with healthcare it’s all subjective.
My fear is SHBG shooting up with Tamoxifen as I’m prone to high SHBG and clomid increased SHBG to 90 which was hell for me. I was on it for 5 months so that may not happen with only 28 days of Tamoxifen.

I’m heavily considering just coming off everything at once

sh1973

If you were only on for five months I probably wouldn’t risk the side effects from the tamoxifen honestly but you have to decide that with your doctor

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me