First blood work after adding Nandrolone

Buy Lab Tests Online

Test-Joe

Added 80mg nandrolone decanote to my current protocol of 100mg testosterone cypionate a week

Total Testosterone 1491 (264-916)
Free Testosterone 87.07 (5-21)
Estradiol 21.5 (8-35)
Hematocrit 56.1 (37.5-51)
Cholesterol Total 168 (100-199)
HDL 41 (>39)
Triglycerides 107 (0-149)
LDL 107 (0-99)

Prior labs without nandrolone

Total Testosterone 904 (264-916)
Free Testosterone 22.6 (8.7-25.1)
Estradiol 19.7 (8-35)
Hematocrit 48.9 (37.5-51)
Cholesterol Total 174 (100-199)
HDL 37 (>39)
Triglycerides 119 (0-149)
LDL 113 (0-99)

kind of weird FT is that high. LDL a bit higher than before. Hematocrit too high so i will stop using it
When adding nandrolone you should reduce T dose. Why did you add nandrolone? What were you hoping to achieve give your lab values?

I added nandrolone due to high DHT and Estradiol. I did almost 1:1 reduction in T dose when adding nandrolone. Follow-up labs T levels stayed about the same, but estradiol came down.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

When adding nandrolone you should reduce T dose. Why did you add nandrolone? What were you hoping to achieve give your lab values?

I added nandrolone due to high DHT and Estradiol. I did almost 1:1 reduction in T dose when adding nandrolone. Follow-up labs T levels stayed about the same, but estradiol came down.
Would u be able to post ur before and after protocols and labs?

HealthMan

i added nandrolone because of joint pain. It pretty much fixed my joint pain. I am planning to reduce my dosage to 60-70mg testosterone and 30mg nandrolone. My consultation is in a few weeks

HealthMan

Nandrolone has a very low affinity for SHBG, about 5% of that of T and 1% of that of DHT.

If anything nandrolone has a stronger binding affinity to the AR and can displace T.

What seems odd on 1st set labs (T+ND) that you did not test TT (LC/MS-MS) as you stated (are you sure?) because FT looks to have been tested using one of the most accurate assays Equilibrium Ultrafiltration judging by the reference range you posted 5-21.

This is the same reference range (5.00-21.00 ng/dL) used on Labcorps FT (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) assay with TT (LC/MS-MS).

View attachment 13229

To top it off that if this was the case then it is pointless to try to even compare FT results on the 1st set of labs (T+ND protocol) with FT results on the 2nd set of labs (T only protocol) because FT was tested using the piss poor direct immunoassay judging by the reference range you posted 8.7-25.1.

This is the same reference range (8.7-25.1 pg/mL) used on Labcorps FT Direct analog enzyme immunoassay (EIA).
View attachment 13230

Now the s**t kicker here is if your 1st set of labs (T+ND) was tested using the most accurate assays for TT/FT then you should not get an inflated result when using nandrolone.

Keep in mind that even on a T only protocol with a TT 1500 ng/dL one could easily have an absurdly high FT (accurate assays) not too far off from the results you posted in the first set of labs (if your TT/FT was tested using the most accurate assays).

To me judging by the reference range 5-21 posted in your 1st set of labs your FT was done by Equilibrium Ultrafiltration which would mean TT was LC/MS-MS.
I agree. Different tests were used. Not sure why but i checked the lab RX and these were the tests requested (even had the test number). I guess the test that is influenced by nandrolone might be warranted because then you can at least have a measure of change in hormones? Not sure.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
I agree. Different tests were used. Not sure why but i checked the lab RX and these were the tests requested (even had the test number). I guess the test that is influenced by nandrolone might be warranted because then you can at least have a measure of change in hormones? Not sure.

Now that I know what test #081786 was for your 1st set of labs (T+ND) protocol although it turns out that you did have FT tested using one of the most accurate assays Equilibrium Ultrafiltration (reference range 5.00-21.00 ng/dL) unfortunately TT was tested using the electrochemiluminescence immunoassay (ECLIA) which would have inflated your TT results. 081786: Testosterone, Free, Equilibrium Ultrafiltration With Total Testosterone | Labcorp

Turns out that I thought you had this test # 070038 which also uses the same assay for FT Equilibrium Ultrafiltration (reference range 5.00-21.00 ng/dL) but uses the most accurate assay for TT (LC/MS-MS) which would have not inflated your results. 070038: Testosterone, Free, Equilibrium Ultrafiltration With Total Testosterone, LC/MS-MS | Labcorp

I had thought Labcorp only offered the most accurate FT assays (Equilibrium Dialysis #500726 or Ultrafiltration #070038) with TT (LC/MS-MS).

These are the assays you want to get when using testosterone with nandrolone to see where your TT/FT level truly sits.

Labcorp
1. 500726: Testosterone, Free, Mass Spectrometry/Equilibrium Dialysis (Endocrine Sciences) | Labcorp

#070038 2. 070038: Testosterone, Free, Equilibrium Ultrafiltration With Total Testosterone, LC/MS-MS | Labcorp

Quest Diagnostics

1. Testosterone, Total and Free (NO Upper Limit) plus Hematocrit

2. Testosterone, Total, LC/MS and Free (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration)

madman

Super Moderator

Testosterone, Free, Equilibrium Ultrafiltration With Total Testosterone

TEST: 081786

Methodology
Free:
equilibrium ultrafiltration; total: electrochemiluminescence immunoassay (ECLIA)

Elecsys Testosterone II cobas®

English

System information

For cobas e 411 analyzer: test number 111 For MODULAR ANALYTICS E170, cobas e 601 and cobas e 602 analyzers: Application Code Number 216

Intended use
Immunoassay for the in vitro quantitative determination of testosterone in human serum and plasma.

The electrochemiluminescence immunoassay “ECLIA” is intended for use on Elecsys and cobas e immunoassay analyzers.

Limitations - interference

The assay is unaffected by icterus (bilirubin < 513 µmol/L or < 30 mg/dL), hemolysis (Hb < 0.372 mmol/L or < 0.600 g/dL), lipemia (Intralipid < 1000 mg/dL) and biotin (< 123 nmol/L or < 30 ng/mL).

Criterion: Recovery within ± 10 % of initial value (concentration range > 1‑15 ng/mL), recovery within ± 15 % of initial value (concentration range > 0.5‑1 ng/mL) and recovery of ± 0.075 ng/mL (concentration range of 0.150‑0.500 ng/mL).

Samples should not be taken from patients receiving therapy with high biotin doses (i.e. > 5 mg/day) until at least 8 hours following the last biotin administration.

No interference was observed from rheumatoid factors up to a concentration of 1000 IU/mL.

In vitro tests were performed on 18 commonly used pharmaceuticals. No interference with the assay was found.

Two special drugs were additionally tested. Strong interaction with Nandrolone (INN international nonproprietary name, WHO) was found. Do not use samples from patients under Nandrolone treatment.

In isolated cases, elevated testosterone levels can be seen in samples from female patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD).

Implausible elevated testosterone values in women should be verified by an extraction method or a validated LC‑MS/MS tandem method.5

In rare cases, interference due to extremely high titers of antibodies to analyte‑specific antibodies, streptavidin, or ruthenium can occur. These effects are minimized by a suitable test design.

For diagnostic purposes, the results should always be assessed in conjunction with the patient’s medical history, clinical examination, and other findings.

HealthMan

Testosterone, Free, Equilibrium Ultrafiltration With Total Testosterone

TEST: 081786

Methodology
Free:
equilibrium ultrafiltration; total: electrochemiluminescence immunoassay (ECLIA)

Elecsys Testosterone II cobas®

English

System information

For cobas e 411 analyzer: test number 111 For MODULAR ANALYTICS E170, cobas e 601 and cobas e 602 analyzers: Application Code Number 216

Intended use
Immunoassay for the in vitro quantitative determination of testosterone in human serum and plasma.

The electrochemiluminescence immunoassay “ECLIA” is intended for use on Elecsys and cobas e immunoassay analyzers.

Limitations - interference

The assay is unaffected by icterus (bilirubin < 513 µmol/L or < 30 mg/dL), hemolysis (Hb < 0.372 mmol/L or < 0.600 g/dL), lipemia (Intralipid < 1000 mg/dL) and biotin (< 123 nmol/L or < 30 ng/mL).

Criterion: Recovery within ± 10 % of initial value (concentration range > 1‑15 ng/mL), recovery within ± 15 % of initial value (concentration range > 0.5‑1 ng/mL) and recovery of ± 0.075 ng/mL (concentration range of 0.150‑0.500 ng/mL).

Samples should not be taken from patients receiving therapy with high biotin doses (i.e. > 5 mg/day) until at least 8 hours following the last biotin administration.

No interference was observed from rheumatoid factors up to a concentration of 1000 IU/mL.

In vitro tests were performed on 18 commonly used pharmaceuticals. No interference with the assay was found.

Two special drugs were additionally tested. Strong interaction with Nandrolone (INN international nonproprietary name, WHO) was found. Do not use samples from patients under Nandrolone treatment.

In isolated cases, elevated testosterone levels can be seen in samples from female patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD).

Implausible elevated testosterone values in women should be verified by an extraction method or a validated LC‑MS/MS tandem method.5

In rare cases, interference due to extremely high titers of antibodies to analyte‑specific antibodies, streptavidin, or ruthenium can occur. These effects are minimized by a suitable test design.

For diagnostic purposes, the results should always be assessed in conjunction with the patient’s medical history, clinical examination, and other findings.
Great information! Thanks a lot.

ta406

Excess FT is going to drive up your RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit!
Not to hijack but my body produces red blood cells like crazy. So is FT what your body responds to when producing red blood cells or is it TT? My SHBG is around 50 so I need to drive my TT up around 1000 to get even a mid range FT. Then my RBC goes into overdrive. Pretty frustrating.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Not to hijack but my body produces red blood cells like crazy. So is FT what your body responds to when producing red blood cells or is it TT? My SHBG is around 50 so I need to drive my TT up around 1000 to get even a mid range FT. Then my RBC goes into overdrive. Pretty frustrating.
Free testosterone is going to be the more important parameter. If you're relying on the standard free T test then you should abandon it immediately—it is not accurate. Use the calculators or else spring for equilibrium dialysis. According to the calculators, even with an SHBG of 50 nMol/L you do not need such high testosterone to get to mid-range free T. More like 700-850 ng/dL would be fine.

Also don't be so focused on trying to hit average or above. If the level is pushing up your RBC to excess then clearly the dose is too high for you.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me