Effect on Bloods when Quitting Nicotine on TRT

KennyG

Hey Excelmale,

I'm curious if anyone has successfully quit nicotine while dialed in on TRT and has before and after bloods to show any changes in serum levels?

Nicotine supposedly acts as a mild anti aromatase inhibitor and is said to also INCREASE SHBG which is not in my favor considering I have low SHBG and high free E2. I'm a little over 60 days since my last cigarette/nicotine and still not feeling 100%. I'm wondering if it's just neurotransmitter levels still trying to catch up and not hormonal.

I have yet to get bloods myself but will when I get the funds. Would just like anyone who has any experience or insight to pitch in.

Thanks

Fernando Almaguer

Hey Excelmale,

I'm curious if anyone has successfully quit nicotine while dialed in on TRT and has before and after bloods to show any changes in serum levels?

Nicotine supposedly acts as a mild anti aromatase inhibitor and is said to also INCREASE SHBG which is not in my favor considering I have low SHBG and high free E2. I'm a little over 60 days since my last cigarette/nicotine and still not feeling 100%. I'm wondering if it's just neurotransmitter levels still trying to catch up and not hormonal.

I have yet to get bloods myself but will when I get the funds. Would just like anyone who has any experience or insight to pitch in.

Thanks
First of all congratulations on 60 days. I imagine that for someone who smoked a lot or a long time, dopamine baseline levels will take a while to stabilize. But better now than never!

As far as bloodwork I can see e2 going up however not by much. It would be interesting to see your labs if you intend to follow this hypothesis. Also, blood sugar might go down as well.

Do you plan on vaping or using other nicotine sources for focus ever again?

KennyG

First of all congratulations on 60 days. I imagine that for someone who smoked a lot or a long time, dopamine baseline levels will take a while to stabilize. But better now than never!

As far as bloodwork I can see e2 going up however not by much. It would be interesting to see your labs if you intend to follow this hypothesis. Also, blood sugar might go down as well.

Do you plan on vaping or using other nicotine sources for focus ever again?
Thanks Fernando! I'll definitely update this thread with pre and post quit for myself and others. I really do hope that the increase in e2 is negligible.

I'm done when it comes to nicotine. I still haven't fully recovered from nicotine withdrawal and don't want to do it again.

MarkM

I smoked for over 30 years before stropping cold turkey. I was on TRT at the time but I was applying Androgel at the time which was not doing a great deal for me. It took several months before I felt right but after that I could smell much better, food taste better, and I felt tremendously better. All my blood markers improved dramatically, my glucose and A1C dropped as did my cholesterol.

It's been over 5 years since I quit and I have not picked up a single cigarette. Since stopping I converted from the gels to injecting testosterone cypionate and have got dialed in nicely. I've got blood work but I did not see much change in the hormone levels before or after on the gels although the testosterone did go up slightly.

I saw my big change in hormone levels when stopped the gel and started injecting.

Congrats for stopping smoking. Trying to stop smoking and get dialed in on testosterone at the same time is difficult. Give yourself another month and see how you feel. I'd probably get some new bloodwork at that time and go from there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts