Does Sleep Apnea Cause Elevated Hematocrit?

Buy Lab Tests Online

CROM

Will sleep apnea alone cause clinically high Hematocrit? If so, will a CPAP machine lower it?

I don’t know that I actually have sleep apnea but I will be getting tested in 2 weeks. But even before TRT I had borderline/clinically high Hematocrit, at least since 2013. Before that it was normal.

Has anyone here used a CPAP machine and lowered their Hematocrit? I’m just trying to gather info before I go to doctor.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Pringle

Will sleep apnea alone cause clinically high Hematocrit? If so, will a CPAP machine lower it?

I don’t know that I actually have sleep apnea but I will be getting tested in 2 weeks. But even before TRT I had borderline/clinically high Hematocrit, at least since 2013. Before that it was normal.

Has anyone here used a CPAP machine and lowered their Hematocrit? I’m just trying to gather info before I go to doctor.

I have severe sleep apnea and I would say my results are inconclusive at this point. My first bloodwork showed a drop in HCT after a month of using my CPAP. My second bloodwork 8 weeks later HCT was elevated significantly (53.6) and I had to complete a phlebotomy. I am a few weeks away from the third set of bloodwork since starting CPAP use.

fifty

My pre trt hct was 51. Then it got up to 54.5. Several blood donations to keep it low 50s.

Started cpap and didn’t donate for a few months latest hct was 48.7 which is lower than pre trt. This seems to indicate cpap helped me in this regard.

Note that I think every sleep study places tells you you have sleep apnea so they can sell you stuff and bill you or your insurance a grand over the next year...just like every trt place tells you they can help you when your total t is 700.

Reason

I second what fifty said about sleep places pushing CPAP. This happened to me about 5 years ago. If your insurance covers it, by all means give it a shot, but it's incredible how quickly they push you palliative devices without even looking at underlying causes.

captain

Try a recording pulse oximeter overnight and see what you get. I would guess asthma can cause problems as well. The better your lungs and the air you breath the better you may be in the end.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me