does Iodine influence hormone receptor activity?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes, the Japanese that live along the coast or in boats consumer high amount of iodine starting at birth.
We can't forget about both beloved and reviled, natto, a.k.a. fermented soybeans, are a staple in traditional Japanese diet. Which are full of all the many types of vitamin k. Which also add to their overall health.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gianluca

So u never ended up trying enanthate?

Do u have any ideas currently on how u plan on increasing ur low aldosterone and low cortisol?

How does having low levels of those hormones effect u negatively from what u can tell?

How did u test both of those to find out u were low in them? Just tested ur serum levels with a blood draw, or did u do the 4 point cortisol test? Not sure how to even test for aldosterone tbh.
Hydrocortisone/fludrocortisone.

Gianluca

Not sure about how long the thyroid can go without iodine due to how it stores it, but ur right about the long half life. Think it’s around 6-8 days. I’ve heard some doctors recommend taking one 12.5mg Iodoral tablet either once a week or even one every two weeks

I think I’m gonna just take 1 drop of lugol’s 2% everyday for a while. Have taken that dose before without any ill effects, and seems like roughly the most common dosage recommended from quite a few sources. Also, it’s been said that people in Japan on average intake around 13mg of iodine per day, but I think that might be a myth, and they tend to consume closer to 1-3mg/ day. Have heard that figure quoted a few times now, and just watched a vid this morning where the guy said the same thing. Think he was referencing a study when he said it. Here’s that vid plus a couple that recommend roughly 1-3mg of iodine per day

@Gman86 I do think the story of the Japanese consuming 12.5mg per day of Iodine via seaweed is almost a myth, or better saying that these studies may have not estimated correctly the amount of Iodine ingested. In the paper I posted here called ”the great Iodine debate”, shows how more recent studies of the Japanese, actually show more like 1 to 3 mg per day. Also, Japanese consume some soy product, which Inhibit Iodine absorption

Gianluca

Isn't the half life of iodine long like 6 days or so. And the thyroid can go up to 3 months with no iodine because of how it stores it?
I think once the thyroid is saturated with Iodine, then there is no probably concern about big changes in Iodine intake on the sort term.

Vince

Super Moderator
I didn't know the thyroid stored this much Iodine.

Iodine is mostly concentrated in thyroid gland(2). A healthy adult body contains 15-20 mg of iodine, 70-80% of which is stored in the thyroid gland.

Gman86

Hydrocortisone/fludrocortisone.
Wow so ur going the pharmaceutical route huh? Is hydrocortisone to raise cortisol, and fludrocortisone to raise aldosterone?

Is it possible that if u raise cortisol in the body thag aldosterone might increase as well? Like do they kind of go hand in hand?

Was just talking to @Charliebizz yesterday all about raising low cortisol with low dose T4. He has done a bunch of research on it and seen guys successfully raise cortisol levels using 50-75mcg per day of T4, and has recently even seen success within himself using 50mcg of T4 per day, verified by labs. Have u heard or looked into this at all, or considered trialing out low dose T4 in urself?

He was telling me about a guy where his thyroid labs looked great, but he still had a bunch of negative symptoms he was trying to resolve, that seemed like they could be thyroid related. He trialed low dose T4, I believe at 75mcg per day, and all his symptoms went away and he felt great. So maybe he was having an issue at the receptor level or something. After I finish getting cortisol labs done on this Pfizer cyp and then westward enanthate, to see if the enanthate does in fact increase my cortisol levels more so than cyp, I’m thinking about trialing T4 and seeing if I feel any better. Will probably start with 25mcg per day and titrate up to 75mcg, depending if I feel good or not simply using the 25mcg

Gianluca

Wow so ur going the pharmaceutical route huh? Is hydrocortisone to raise cortisol, and fludrocortisone to raise aldosterone?

Is it possible that if u raise cortisol in the body thag aldosterone might increase as well? Like do they kind of go hand in hand?

Was just talking to @Charliebizz yesterday all about raising low cortisol with low dose T4. He has done a bunch of research on it and seen guys successfully raise cortisol levels using 50-75mcg per day of T4, and has recently even seen success within himself using 50mcg of T4 per day, verified by labs. Have u heard or looked into this at all, or considered trialing out low dose T4 in urself?

He was telling me about a guy where his thyroid labs looked great, but he still had a bunch of negative symptoms he was trying to resolve, that seemed like they could be thyroid related. He trialed low dose T4, I believe at 75mcg per day, and all his symptoms went away and he felt great. So maybe he was having an issue at the receptor level or something. After I finish getting cortisol labs done on this Pfizer cyp and then westward enanthate, to see if the enanthate does in fact increase my cortisol levels more so than cyp, I’m thinking about trialing T4 and seeing if I feel any better. Will probably start with 25mcg per day and titrate up to 75mcg, depending if I feel good or not simply using the 25mcg
this is now going out of the topic, but if there is a mildly low cortisol Thyroid hormone can help a bit, but if someone is seriously low in cortisol, adding thyroid hormone, especially raising FT3 will make you feel even worse, exacerbating low cortisol symptoms, I have tried that myself. FT3 needs adequate cortisol. Check out stopthethyroidmadness, tons of info about low cortisol and thyroid.

Gman86

this is now going out of the topic, but if there is a mildly low cortisol Thyroid hormone can help a bit, but if someone is seriously low in cortisol, adding thyroid hormone, especially raising FT3 will make you feel even worse, exacerbating low cortisol symptoms, I have tried that myself. FT3 needs adequate cortisol. Check out stopthethyroidmadness, tons of info about low cortisol and thyroid.
Oh ya I’ve been on that site and also the fb group a bunch, and have heard that. So u’ve tried adding in low dose T4 before, and ended up feeling worse?

Gianluca

Oh ya I’ve been on that site and also the fb group a bunch, and have heard that. So u’ve tried adding in low dose T4 before, and ended up feeling worse?
Always NDT, never T4 only. According to stopthyroidmadess, T4 only is the worst treatment for Thyroid. Do some more reading over there. I read the book, that was very helpful to understand proper thyroid and adrenal treatment

T

tareload

According to stopthyroidmadess, T4 only is the worst treatment for Thyroid.
News to tens of thousands of board certified Endos all over the world. Amazing this has not made it to standard of care everywhere. Must be a mass conspiracy. Fascinating.

Cue up some more RT3 BS while you guys are on a roll.

Gman86

Always NDT, never T4 only. According to stopthyroidmadess, T4 only is the worst treatment for Thyroid. Do some more reading over there. I read the book, that was very helpful to understand proper thyroid and adrenal treatment
Think this might be a case of studies and theory not always carrying over perfectly to reap world results. @Charliebizz has been doing a lot of research into T4 only thyroid treatment, and knows a decent number of guys that have had amazing success with it. And he seems to be having some success just in about a month on it. He also suffers from low cortisol. One doctor he knows didn’t really like TRT, so got off of it, and was able to get his test level from the 200’s to the 900’s just with T4 and pregnenolone. And another guy he knows had great thyroid labs, but has the symptoms of low thyroid, and took 75mcg of T4 and all his symptoms resolved. Plus Synthroid is the most prescribed med in the country I believe, which is obv T4 only. I haven’t done enough research into T4 only to talk myself about it, but does seem promising imo. @Charliebizz also didn’t have success with NDT, but seems to be having success with T4 only

Gianluca

Think this might be a case of studies and theory not always carrying over perfectly to reap world results. @Charliebizz has been doing a lot of research into T4 only thyroid treatment, and knows a decent number of guys that have had amazing success with it. And he seems to be having some success just in about a month on it. He also suffers from low cortisol. One doctor he knows didn’t really like TRT, so got off of it, and was able to get his test level from the 200’s to the 900’s just with T4 and pregnenolone. And another guy he knows had great thyroid labs, but has the symptoms of low thyroid, and took 75mcg of T4 and all his symptoms resolved. Plus Synthroid is the most prescribed med in the country I believe, which is obv T4 only. I haven’t done enough research into T4 only to talk myself about it, but does seem promising imo. @Charliebizz also didn’t have success with NDT, but seems to be having success with T4 only
it would be good to hear about his experience for sure, however stopthyroid madness is actually mostly about anecdotal of people, I believe the woman who runs it, kept records of over 20 years of thyroid patients, and the number 1 mistake according to her and many other, is indeed going on Synthroid thyroid, leaving people feeling worse than before. Some people may do well on it, but very few according to the website. Perhaps there is a reason why the good doctors use NDT as a first line a treatment for hypothyroidism, never Synthroid.

Antidepressant are also one the most prescribed drugs, are they good for us?

Last edited:

Gman86

it would be good to hear about his experience for sure, however stopthyroid madness is actually mostly about anecdotal of people, I believe the woman who runs it, kept records of over 20 years of thyroid patients, and the number 1 mistake according to her and many other, is indeed going on Synthroid thyroid, leaving people feeling worse than before. Some people may do well on it, but very few according to the website. Perhaps there is a reason why the good doctors use NDT as a first line a treatment for hypothyroidism, never Synthroid.

Antidepressant are also one the most prescribed drugs, are they good for us?
Very good point about the antidepressants. And I haven’t frequented the fb group or site in a while, since I haven’t focused on thyroid meds for a while, but ur right, I do remember them saying that not many people do well on T4 only. But hit up @Charliebizz. I’m sure he’d love to talk to u about this stuff

Keepfit1

The doc on this website talks how Iodine doesn't just effect Thyroid function, but how every major hormone receptor in the body, need Iodine to function properly. Has anyone have ever seen? I couldn't find any data on it, but I increased my Iodine intake with 2% lugols about two weeks ago, and along with detoxification symptoms, I thought my mind was more clear, better erections and mood

this the website hormones, you can see the different podcasts in there, the first podcast at 25min, he talks about how Iodine influences hormone receptors
My partner has just been through a bad iodine experience , she has low thyroid and naturopath type doc suggested iodine drops after a patch test allegedly showed deficiency, it made her a lot worse, all thyroid labs worse plus raised antibodies,, we decided to get a iodine urine test to double check if iodine deficient, she came back at over 300 with range being 100 to 200, ie overdosed and clearly patch test was BS.
bottom line in my opinion as with all vits or hormones etc, don’t supplement unless a test shows deficiency, if deficient iodine is helpful if not deficient it can do plenty harm including to thyroid

Gman86

My partner has just been through a bad iodine experience , she has low thyroid and naturopath type doc suggested iodine drops after a patch test allegedly showed deficiency, it made her a lot worse, all thyroid labs worse plus raised antibodies,, we decided to get a iodine urine test to double check if iodine deficient, she came back at over 300 with range being 100 to 200, ie overdosed and clearly patch test was BS.
bottom line in my opinion as with all vits or hormones etc, don’t supplement unless a test shows deficiency, if deficient iodine is helpful if not deficient it can do plenty harm including to thyroid
Ya as far as I know the patch tests have been proven to be a horrible way of testing for iodine deficiency. Did they just paint her skin with iodine and wait to see how long it takes to evaporate/ get absorbed and disappear?

What form of iodine, and what dose did the doc put her on? And how long did she take it for before getting the urine iodine test done?

Trt909

It seems to me that there was a problem here before the iodine, and the iodine only made it worse

Keepfit1

Ya as far as I know the patch tests have been proven to be a horrible way of testing for iodine deficiency. Did they just paint her skin with iodine and wait to see how long it takes to evaporate/ get absorbed and disappear?

What form of iodine, and what dose did the doc put her on? And how long did she take it for before getting the urine iodine test done?
It was lugols iodine 4 drops in water through day, yes paint square on arm, a few months on iodine then felt worse then urine test but we should have done urine test prior to starting iodine to check properly IF deficient

Gman86

It was lugols iodine 4 drops in water through day, yes paint square on arm, a few months on iodine then felt worse then urine test but we should have done urine test prior to starting iodine to check properly IF deficient
Any idea whether the lugol’s iodine was 2% or 5%? 4 drops of 2% would have been 10mg of iodine total, and 4 drops of the 5% would have been 25mg of iodine total

Both dosages can make a person feel worse if they’re not intaking enough of the proper cofactors, mainly selenium

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me